+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree551Likes

Thread: 3/21 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/21 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    They can probably pretty much do whatever they want . . . but if they let that poor excuse for humanity back into the game, the next thing to leave would be a lot of their regular viewers. Including yours truly.
    Well, but not technically. The end result here is a cash prize, which means it is subject to the game show laws. You can't manipulate the outcome to favor one person over another. Now whether letting Colton back into the game would do that is another story. That's why I asked if they have ever let someone who left the island come back into the game - to see whether there was precedent. If the rule is once your taken off the island, your out - then they can't change the rules for him.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    That's why I asked if they have ever let someone who left the island come back into the game - to see whether there was precedent. If the rule is once your taken off the island, your out - then they can't change the rules for him.
    I would expect the rule would have more to do with the length of time and what was done. I recall James returned, at least for a while, with a well braced knee (?). I could see briefly helicoptering to another island for diagnostics like x-rays or wound care, but not holding overnight and providing any nourishment or extra comforts. Missing out on a challenge or on a tribal council might also be inappropriate favored treatment.
    KatesMom likes this.

I bet that once they miss a vote-off, they are out. I think I remember someone missing an immunity challenge once but coming back for tribal council.

I don't know about food, but it seems like once I remember someone being given fluids for dehydration and then being allowed back into the game. I thought that was unfair.

Lord help us, if Colton gets to come back!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I am almost 100% sure Colton is not coming back this season. They decided that he was out of the game.

As I recall, there was never any "You are out of the game" to James in Heroes vs Villains. They said they were going to perform a check on him after the challenge, and he returned to his tribe later that episode.

As for any other instances, nobody that got evacuated returned back that same season.

I don't think Coloton will ever be back on Survivor. He insulted a lot of people (gays, low income, etc). Johnny, Russel, Rob.....they were devious and cutting but they didn't cross the line that Colton crossed. He managed to insult pretty much everyone watching. I really hope they don't reward his behavior by giving him another change in the future.
    scoot13, AZChristian, Kiz and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't think Coloton will ever be back on Survivor. He insulted a lot of people (gays, low income, etc). Johnny, Russel, Rob.....they were devious and cutting but they didn't cross the line that Colton crossed. He managed to insult pretty much everyone watching. I really hope they don't reward his behavior by giving him another change in the future.
    I hope you're right. There's a line between "playing the villain" and being a vile example of how NOT to get along in any society. Colton and Alicia didn't just cross that line - they broke through all the barricades and ran down anyone in the way, and then laughed about it. CBS (IMHO) has a corporate obligation to not glorify people who exemplify bullying and who also make caricatures of stereotypes (the tough Puerto Rican girl, the flaming gay guy). Let these two go away and NEVER be seen on national TV again, please!
    NFL1, Longhornfan and Kiz like this.

True. I remember watching Russell, and it seemed during his most ridiculous talking heads, he had a twinkle in his eye...like he knew he was being a ridiculous reality show villain and was happy to do so. With Colton I don't see any lightheartedness, I see a deeply ingrained belief system coming to the surface because that's what he knows/feels/believes. Maybe it's his upbringing, I don't know, but it's sad that he's so completely clueless about the diversity of the world outside his own little rich cocoon.

FORT Regular

"When Colton said "I hate her voice, I hate her face, I hate everything about her" - you've known the girl for how long and you formed that kind of an opinion??"

He basically said the same thing about Bill...he just didn't like his voice or face. What do Bill and Christina have in common? A black guy and an asian girl...two minorities. If either had been white, I would guess he would not have had a problem. What's even MORE disgusting about that is that Colton himself belongs to a group that is fighting for equal rights and acceptance. The very definition of hypocritical. And I hate to bring politics into this, but it doesn't surprise me a bit that he said he was a Republican. He fits the Republican stereotype way too much. (and before anyone jumps on me, I realize that stereotypes aren't always fair)
    babyfat101 likes this.

FORT Regular

"What would a season with no villains be like? Do we really always need them?"

I've thought about this many times. I watch a few reality shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race. I've noticed that I always enjoy the shows more when I have someone to really dislike and pull against. Anyone remember Jase from Big Brother? That tool made me wanna vomit every time they showed him on camera. When he was finally taken out of the game, I was SO happy...but the next week I found that I wasn't enjoying the show as much. Same thing with Russell on Survivor...and Brendon/Rachel on Big Brother, and now the Amazing Race. I think networks realize this, and always give us villians to hate on. I would think if it were just a bunch of nice, low drama people on a show, the ratings would not be very good. I do think Colton took evil to a new low this year however.

+ Reply to Thread