+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Which is the same thing that can be said for Rob on Redemption Island.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    It showed it on the preview of next week's episode, so it's not a spoiler, they showed it at the end of the episode what was coming up next week.
    I understand that, but I, like others feel the previews are spoilers.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So you don't watch the previews? Wow, that is restraint! But anyway, fair warning, at FORT the previews are considered part of the show. Usually though things like slow mo analysis is relegated to generic spoilers thread.

Well, if nothing else, this episode generated a lot of discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Regarding villians in reality shows.

Those kinds of people ARE out there. I would never campaign for them to removed from reality tv... but between the BL and Survivor, I have been left horrified by one thing this season. Everyone surrounding Conda and Colton are leaving their own scruples at the door and following and supporting these people. Is a reality tv game worth it? Is it worth compromising who you are and what you believe to let bigoted and elitist Colton have his way and boot Bill out of the game simply because "Colton doesn't like him"?
    This is what I'm finding incredibly difficult to watch. In a normal season of Survivor or the BL, the 'villians' are despised by their fellow tribemates, we know the villians will get their comeuppance eventually, and we even anticipate it. Our sense of what's right (and we all have a sense that bigotry, elitism, and bullying are inherently wrong) demands that justice prevail.
    So far, we see no evidence in either show that justice will prevail, and that is why it is so difficult to watch.
    well I have been saying for years now...reality tv keeps up and with the way the economy is going we are going to end up with show like "The Running Man" if we don't watch it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wish we had seen the footage that really led up to all this
    Me too! Probably one of the reasons I didn't understand the outcome of TC. And the fact that it's so difficult to understand the rest of the tribes reasoning in following Colton's wishes. I'm still baffled about this tribes' actions, regarding Colton.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I would disagree! I think Colton APPEARS to be very intelligent because most of the men's team are complete idiots.
    Thanks, Uncle David, for that post. It's the only thing I can come up with to explain what happened, from the choice of going to TC to voting out Bill.
    sweetpea likes this.

Me too! Probably one of the reasons I didn't understand the outcome of TC. And the fact that it's so difficult to understand the rest of the tribes reasoning in following Colton's wishes. I'm still baffled about this tribes' actions, regarding Colton.
    Plus we know TC can go on for long time( hours) and we get to see 5 minutes if we are lucky..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Uncle David, I agree that that happened with Russell (getting him out early, so you're right, the precedence was there) but Russel as a notorious villian with a history of creating tribal chaos... voting out Bill isn't even close to the same thing. In the end, I guess we agree it's dumb...

well I have been saying for years now...reality tv keeps up and with the way the economy is going we are going to end up with show like "The Running Man" if we don't watch it
    Scary thought, isn't it? King wrote that story so long ago, but when the reality show trend started, I found myself thinking of that story many times. I think we're civilized enough to not return to an arena of men fighting lions or each other for survival, but I don't know, we sure love to watch other people do crazy stuff. There is also a horrible trend right now that we seem to want to observe women 'competing' (generally using their teeth and nails)... maybe I'll take it to a blog and not clog the Survivor thread. lol

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Along with being an arrogant jerk, Colton is extremely intelligent and an excellent manipulator. He's pulling the strings in the men's tribe right now. Seems like Bill and Jay were the only two smart enough to see through him.
    There it is! As I said earlier in this thread, voting out Bill was the stupidest person to vote out at this point. Colton should have gotten rid of Leif, if he felt like he needed to get rid of someone. With Leif gone, Colton's alliance would need him... but with Bill gone now, Colton has become fully expendable. It was a bonehead move, because Colton is a BONEHEAD. He is a good manipulator, I'll give him that, but stupid...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Have you read The Hunger Games? If not see the upcoming movie....Survivor for real. (in fiction of course...just takes reality TV to the logical next level)
    sweetpea likes this.

+ Reply to Thread