+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    That always confuses me, too, Dragonlady! They both have "spoilers" in the title with the "*****" I'm always having to triple check and make sure I'm getting the right one - I think there could be a better way to label them.
    This show discussion thread is marked by the date 3/7 and "Show Discussion". The reason the word "spoiler" is in the title is to warn West Coast viewers who do not want this particular epi spoiled for them by reading discussions by eastern viewers. The "Spoilers & Speculation" thread are for the season's spoilers.
    JavaJo likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I apologize if someone posted this already. In this interview with Gordon Holmes, Bill said he wanted to go to Tribal Council because he was campaigning hard to get the others to vote out Colton. It is a long interview. Here is a small part of it:

Holmes: I think what stuck with me the most was when Colton attacked your career choice. That was just oddly out-of-leftfield and personal. What was going through your mind when he decided to go there?
    Posley: I’m sitting there going, “This guy knows absolutely nothing about me and he’s making judgments.” One of the things I kept from the group was that I was in the Army, that I was a veteran. And he’s sitting there saying, “You’re just sleeping on people’s couches, you’re blah blah blah.” I wanted to explode and be like, “The truth of the matter is; all these freedoms that you get to enjoy, I fought for them. I risked my life for you. And for you to sit up here and tell me to get off of people’s couches? I fought for the right to do that.”
    Holmes: Dah…you should have said that.
    Posley: I didn’t end up saying that because I didn’t want to reveal that. But I was sitting there biting my tongue, thinking “For you to be in a country where you can be openly gay and you can go to school and say what you want? Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion? That’s why I defended this country. And for you to judge me for living it?” I couldn’t believe it.

‘Survivor: One World’ Castaway Interview – Bill Posley | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast
    This is such a good interview that I think that you should also post this link in Bill's thread, because it will just get buried in this one. I know that my admiration for Bill has just gotten even higher after reading this. I wish him nothing but the best and truly hope that all his dreams come true.

Thanks!!!
    SugarMama and Jaceegirl like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re the expression on Jonas' face (sushi chef) during Tarzan's rant---there were so many embarrassing/wrong things in what he was saying it's hard to say which specific thing Jonas was responding to, but certainly Jonas would know from his own experience that racism is still around in the US. I've yet to hear a person of color say that racism in the US is gone--it's always whites--things are better, certainly, but it isn't gone. Ditto sexism, homophobia, religious prejudice, etc.
    Or he could have been covering his face so he could roll his eyes without Jeff calling him on it and asking him to explain!

If Bill was campaigning to get Colton voted off why did he vote for Leif?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    If Bill was campaigning to get Colton voted off why did he vote for Leif?
    I am guessing that Bill realized his attempts to get the others to vote for Colton were in vain, so he voted for Leif to try to save himself.
    sweetpea likes this.

thank you so much to all who gave me the info on what the "Spoiler" tag means here. I didn't know that. I need to brush up on the Rules, I guess.

And thanks also about explaining about how Bill got voted off. I'm still aghast in knowing that everyone was following Colton's desires! I kind of thought that was the case but my common sense said that would be ridiculous. What are these guys thinking to follow such an idiot??? It defies everything that's right in this world.
    But I'm really having problems believing that is the case.....don't mean I doubt those that said so here on the thread.....but it seems so incredulous. Where do they find these people??? Just go to Dumbville and recruit the population???

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    What are these guys thinking to follow such an idiot??? It defies everything that's right in this world.
    It's called survival instinct. Or more appropriately... 'anybody but me'!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    It's called survival instinct. Or more appropriately... 'anybody but me'!
    True enough... but that same survival instinct would normally keep people from volunteering to go to tribal council in the first place... this group is loony.

In Survivor Cook Islands, Ozzy's tribe threw a challenge to get rid of Billy. The four tribes were then combined to form two tribes... and the rest of Ozzy's tribe was voted off quickly (except Ozzy, because he was useful). There is no precedent that what Colton was doing here could lead to a good result for himself or his tribe. I can't wait to find out next week if there will be a tribal mix-up or a merge...

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ...but that same survival instinct would normally keep people from volunteering to go to tribal council in the first place...
    Yet, there's precedence. In Survivor: Redemption Island the Zapatera tribe 'volunteered' (threw the Immunity Challenge) to go to Tribal Council in order to get rid of Ressell. They felt Ressell was a cancer who's presence would cost them in the long run. Even though this turned out badly for Zapatera many still believe it was their best option.

This time, the men's tribe decided to volunteer AFTER the Immunity Challenge rather than before. Colton's plea was... "I know you all wanna go to the merge with numbers, but if you go to the merge with numbers that aren't on your side it doesn't matter!"

IMO the men made one of the worst decisions in Survivor history. However, when you're there, and it's a matter of survival, it's easy to make bad decisions.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The rule of thumb has been, you keep the numbers until the merge. THEN when your tribe has the advantage, you can try to recruit someone from the other tribe to pad your alliance and also to use as easy votes before you have to turn on each other. Why these grown men would allow themselves to be talked into voluntarily giving up a hard-won immunity in order to vote off one of their own is baffling and easily one of the stupidest moves I've seen in this show.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread