+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I think the funniest comments had to come from the women, all I can say is go women!

I was very disturbed by what I saw at Tribal, I don't blame Bill for giving in and going, might as well get it over with.

I didn't think it was possible to have a bigger villain than Russell/Fairplay, I never thought I'd say I wish those two were back.

And I don't know what disturbed me more, the treatment of Leif or Bill. Everyone left on the men's tribe should be ashamed.

This is why women rule

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    ... This is why women rule
    How soon we forget. Remember how they couldn't make fire? Or steal fire? Or negotiate for fire? How they shivered and were miserable in their poorly built shelter and had to go begging to the men for some comfort? I'm a woman, but I have not been impressed with that bunch. Nor with the men. In fact, I think they are ALL poor choices for Survivor. But, they didn't ask for my opinion
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting Chamber of Commerce site, Longhornfan....only about 12% of the population has finished college...so let's say that is the "country club set" that is so understanding of Colton... that's about 60 people.... Would love to know what the hostile step dad's last name is to see what his business is in the town, whether he has some power. There are about 3 or 4 businesses that seem to employ a significant number of people. If he owns one of them that may explain why anyone would tolerate Colton, assuming he's like this in "real life" (which I have to assume he is---why would any nice person pretend to be like this?).
    So do we assume this was Harper Lee's home town...that she wrote about in To Kill A Mockingbird? Yes, it was a long time ago, but not the most enlightened town re race relations, "Gregory Peck"'s performance as the exception not withstanding.
    There's a branch of the community college system in the town---that probably accounts for almost all the people with post BA education.
    Longhornfan likes this.

I apologize if someone posted this already. In this interview with Gordon Holmes, Bill said he wanted to go to Tribal Council because he was campaigning hard to get the others to vote out Colton. It is a long interview. Here is a small part of it:

Holmes: I think what stuck with me the most was when Colton attacked your career choice. That was just oddly out-of-leftfield and personal. What was going through your mind when he decided to go there?
    Posley: I’m sitting there going, “This guy knows absolutely nothing about me and he’s making judgments.” One of the things I kept from the group was that I was in the Army, that I was a veteran. And he’s sitting there saying, “You’re just sleeping on people’s couches, you’re blah blah blah.” I wanted to explode and be like, “The truth of the matter is; all these freedoms that you get to enjoy, I fought for them. I risked my life for you. And for you to sit up here and tell me to get off of people’s couches? I fought for the right to do that.”
    Holmes: Dah…you should have said that.
    Posley: I didn’t end up saying that because I didn’t want to reveal that. But I was sitting there biting my tongue, thinking “For you to be in a country where you can be openly gay and you can go to school and say what you want? Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion? That’s why I defended this country. And for you to judge me for living it?” I couldn’t believe it.

‘Survivor: One World’ Castaway Interview – Bill Posley | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Yep, Bill's a class act. I wish him well in the future - he deserves it.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    [B.[/B]
    Oh, and, captain, if you quit watching TBL in the Heba/Vicki era the following seasons were much much better, full of people you'd enjoy watching... until this season where there's one person who is as bad as both of them combined. So there's hope for future seasons.
    It was Big Brother I quit watching. It was the season I think the guy's name was Mike that won. It was the comments about the woman he manipulated.

We must remember, that just because the HII that was found, does not mean there is another one or if there is it would have to be used in the same way.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-10-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Dragonlady, et al. --- They didn't change their minds at TC about who to vote out---they scammed Bill into thinking it was Leif in order to get Bill to go along with going to TC. Then they showed us the scamming to fool us as well. From the relieved scam on Leif's face at TC he knew he wasn't the real target (although I'm sure he had some doubts!). They had to get everyone to agree to go to TC before TPTB would agree to let them give up immunity I'd guess. Or at least that' how I interpreted what happened that night.

Forgot to mention one really embarrassing moment....Tarzan ranting about how there's no racism in America these days (as "evidenced" by our President being who he is) while sitting next to the East Asian sushi chef whose name he didn't know who was covering his face to hide his reaction at what was being said next to him.Oh, and, captain, if you quit watching TBL in the Heba/Vicki era the following seasons were much much better, full of people you'd enjoy watching... until this season where there's one person who is as bad as both of them combined. So there's hope for future seasons.
    Thanks, PWS!

I was trying to do something else while still watching this episode so it's apparent I missed some stuff. I'm also really lousy at scheming tactics and am left often dumbfounded by some of the things that transpire.

So probably because I was busy at the time, I'm still confused about another thing:
    I see a lot of posters here aghast at Colton's bigotry and I didn't see bigotry. I saw an idiot (Colton) spouting off cruel and vile viewpoints on another's (Bill) choice of career/work which was none of his business. He acted like some privileged entitled Prince, pronouncing judgement on others. But I did not hear him bring race into it. The first time I heard anything about race was at TC, when Bill spoke after Colton, defending himself, describing how Colton spoke to him and judged him....and he brought up the "black/white" issue...which at the time, I thought was wrong since I hadn't heard Colton say anything about Bill being black. I remember talking to the tv, saying "Bill, don't use the race card when it doesn't apply." Did I miss something Colton said about Bill being black???? That's entirely possible.

And when Tarzan started his rant about racism in America, I didn't understand what you were saying about the sushi chef and his reaction to what Tarzan was saying. Was his reaction because Tarzan said "there is no racism in America" which we know is untrue?

Sorry I wasn't paying that much attention and am asking for others to fill in the gaps for me. Next time, I'll just concentrate on one thing....watching.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    It was Big Brother I quit watching. It was the season I think the guy's name was Mike that won. It was the comments about the woman he manipulated.

We must remember, that just because the HII that was found, does not mean there is another one or if there is it would have to be used in the same way.
    Yes, Mike Boogy or as I refered to him...Booger. Not a pleasant fellow. I believe it was Erica that you remember him manipulating. He most definately was scummy but there were some good and entertaining seasons after that...naturally with some of the usual juvenile, self absorbed, horn dogs, but also with some nice, funny, and occasionally, somewhat smart people.

As for the idol, I believe Jeff stated that there was one in each camp and when Sabrina found hers it specifically stated that she had to give it one of the men within 24 hours of finding it.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Um, I don't want to know that the tribes will be mixed! That is a spoiler WTF!
    Sorry for double post but I forgot this: Isn't this a "Spoiler" thread? It says so on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No it's not a spoiler - the clip was shown as a preview at the end of the last episode - this thread is for that episode - it's not a spoiler.
    I think too much is given away in the previews sometimes. This is one of those times.

+ Reply to Thread