+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I hate this season. The end.

I told my husband (who sat with me each Thursday night during Survivors 1-5), "I think I might be ready to call it quits." I think he was wrong to quit watching after Season 5, it's been great. But this season - either it is "different" or I am.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Everybody left has proven to be pretty stupid at this point. Except maybe Kim and Chelsea. But we don't see much of Kim, do we? Even Jonas had bad scenes last night. But for now I'm still loyal to him and Tarzan squared.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Bill came across classier than Colton the way a unicorn comes across classier than a pig in sh*t.
    Wallowing in mud is more than just temperature control

Bracke determined that temperature regulation seems to be the main motivation for wallowing; he also found that even in colder weather, pigs will still wallow in the mud. While pigs have very few sweat glands, the mud is the best way to regulate their temperature as the cool water evaporation through the mud is slower than if they just took a dip in cool water. While many have believed that pigs wallow in the mud because of a lack of sweat glands, Bracke believes that pigs and other wallowing animals did not evolve functional sweat glands because wallowing was a part of their lifestyle.
    Please do not abuse poor defenseless animals. If you must compare Colton to a disgusting organism there are plenty of lawyers, politicians and Wall St bankers that you can use. Thank you kindly.
    lopevian, ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally watched my tape...wow, just wow. What a bunch of morons. A few additional thoughts (I'm already on board with those who call Colton a creep and are impressed with how Bill went out)...

They mentioned that for TPTB to accept the men giving up immunity they would ALL have to agree to that. To do that they must have told both Bill and Leif that the other guy was the true target. All that stuff about Leif being a traitor was part of that cover (although probably enough truth to it that Leif would be next on the list if there weren't a tribe switch).

Colton comes from a town of 3000 which is somehow big enough to have both a country club set and a trailer park set. A little hard to believe. For Colton to be accepted if he acts like this in real life his daddy must be the owner of the only industry in town.

In addition to apparently being charming (not that we saw a lot of that) Bill was impressive for how well spoken he was. He certainly didn't speak as if he came from an uneducated background. And I didn't hear anything that indicated he was "sponging" other than a remark about sleeping on a friend's couch, or multiple rotating friends' couches, which is between him and the friends and hurts "society" in no way. That said, Bill seemed to be smart enough to go to college if he wanted to. Maybe he has already.

PS Just went and looked over Colton's self description. That stuff about his hateful stepfather doesn't quite fit with what he's said about how well accepted he is at home.
    PPS And looked at Bill's description---first male in his family to go to college--so he did at least start it. And apparently some women, a mom? a sister? did.
    PPS And talk about irony...Colton ragging on Leif's size and demanding that he be fetched for an interview with Emperor Colton---who is lolling in the shelter, while Leif, when fetched is lugging what looks to be a huge heavy bucket of water and some other stuff.
    Last edited by PWS; 03-09-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    ButterflyFaery, JavaJo and Midol like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I want an Outcast twist or something that would bring Bill back. And Nina. And Kourtney.

Maybe Colton will get medevaced, kicked out, or he'll quit and they'll replace him with one of the three legends mentioned above who are all a lot more worthy.

Just finished watching, and that was absolutely awful. Horrifying behavior by him - he was definitely successful at making the show all about COLTON. And the look on his face at the end was sickening. I can't believe they let that happen, and I feel awful for Bill. He paid the price for some idiots' bad behavior. Ugh!

Someone, tell me he does not last long in this game and tell me how to help Bill get a job in comedy so he can show up that punk in the end!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I'm sorry but this seems ridiculously scripted for ratings and people to talk about. Nobody is stupid enough to do what just happened.

Especially now that next week the tribes will be mixed.
    Um, I don't want to know that the tribes will be mixed! That is a spoiler WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I agree with everything you said except one thing - the last line! The women aren't much better - remember their tribal councils? When they voted out Nina, admitting it wasn't necessarily the right thing to do?

This whole season just SUCKS. Really, really does. (and I don't say that often about anything)

Wish I could wake up and find this to be a bad dream...looking forward to the start of Season 24
    Nina sucked and made me want to puke when I saw her. Tonight's episode was the best ever b/c Survivor has entered a whole new sociopolitical realm and will become even more controversial, which will increase its popularity and longevity! Bravo to the producers and casting dept, as well as Jeff Propst!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    based on the preview for next week, it seems that the tribes get mixed.

I'd love to see Colton, Alicia, Katt, Tarzan, Sabrina, Troyzan and Chelsea.

Let all the fools have eachother
    LOL - that would be interesting.
    Since I already vented about stupid Colton, now I am remembering some funny moments from the show. Wasn't it hilarious when Tarzan kept cheering for "Jason" at the challenge, and someone finally said, "His name is Jonah!" That cracked me up. Oh, and when Leif was in the box and they just showed him lowering the lid on himself - nice little place to sleep I guess! So, there were a couple of lighter moments in the show....

Bill apparently served in the Army too. His comments about being voted off have been very mature and decent, he doesn't sound bitter. He figured by going to TC he might garner some favor by agreeing to it, and voting off Leif.
    I don't understand the men's thinking at all, especially after hearing the whining and how smug Colton was at TC. Too late to change things up at that point? Well it would've been awesome!
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.

Oh, my...I guess I went into a dream state where everyone went to tribal thinking they were voting Leif out. And because Colton hated Bill so much, he gave Leif the idol, thinking that he and Leif would vote for Bill and everyone else for Leif, so Bill would be out. But really, it was all a ploy, and Leif accepted the idol and they all voted Colton out!

Um...yeah. A dream, obviously. Agree with all that Colton is loathsome but FWIW he does seem to be running things. For now. I hope they aren't keeping him to be instant winner material in the final and the old saying about the bigger they are (or think they are) the harder they fall is true.

I really like Sabrina and Troy at the moment, maybe it will change. Not liking Tar-Zan (Greg?) so much after his childish behavior throughout and incoherent rant at tribal. I already liked Bill, sorry he is gone but glad that both his say at tribal and parting words were awesome. The only thing that made me cringe a bit was when Colton wouldn't talk to him and he started getting a little physically intimidating. But I do understand (first-hand) how irritating it is when someone acts like Colton did, after eating some humble pie or whatever and trying to air it out.

All in all, I guess I'm enjoying this season more than I thought I would and more than others are. I find it almost horrifyingly entertaining, in many regards but there are still some good moments by individuals in there, so I have hope. Btw for whoever mentioned a future "Villains" season but maybe calling them morons...that immediately made me think of a season with at least one team made up of those who made the Survivor Stupidest Moves list. (Like the guy who gave the girl his idol and got voted out - Eric? James, enver playing his idols...) Really, the whole Manano tribe could come back!

+ Reply to Thread