+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Bill's exit speech was classy. For all the 'riches' Colton appears to be blessed with, the one thing he's missing is class. What a bozo that boy is. I hope the men continue to fight amongst themselves, and realize that it's Colton who is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

I find it curious that they haven't found the women's idol yet. It should be no harder to find than the men's.
    Have they even looked for it? I don't recall seeing any footage of any of them actually searching for the idol. Maybe they're not looking because they know that they just have to give it up to the women??
    Midol likes this.

I was thinking about this...I can't stop thinking about it...and for me personally, I realized the main reason why I am so bothered by Colton & his remarks is because this isn't just "game talk"; this is how he lives his everyday life & how he feels about specific groups of people in general. He likes to paint with a broad brush & stereotype people without knowing much (if anything) about them as a PERSON. Interestingly enough, he IS the "flamboyant queen" stereotype. I wonder how the gay community feels about how he is representing them on this show. I know I would be furious.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I was thinking about this...I can't stop thinking about it...and for me personally, I realized the main reason why I am so bothered by Colton & his remarks is because this isn't just "game talk"; this is how he lives his everyday life & how he feels about specific groups of people in general. He likes to paint with a broad brush & stereotype people without knowing much (if anything) about them as a PERSON. Interestingly enough, he IS the "flamboyant queen" stereotype. I wonder how the gay community feels about how he is representing them on this show. I know I would be furious.
    I have gay friends that don't like him, & others that dont care, and think his outlandish behavior is stepped up, so he can play the villain. What their main concern is, is that young gay males have a rough time in life as it is, Colton is helping them. He truly isnt.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think Colton's behaviour has anything to do with his sexuality. I think he is doing a disservice to the gay community by playing such a camped up role but more than that I think he is doing a disservice to society by spewing out the hateful comments. I am actually disappointed that Survivor is even airing him. I know a soundbyte is worth money but he is absolutely disgusting and he is giving a message that some stupid person is likely to embrace. Hopefully enough people will be able to see the error of his ways.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I don't think Colton's behaviour has anything to do with his sexuality. I think he is doing a disservice to the gay community by playing such a camped up role but more than that I think he is doing a disservice to society by spewing out the hateful comments. I am actually disappointed that Survivor is even airing him. I know a soundbyte is worth money but he is absolutely disgusting and he is giving a message that some stupid person is likely to embrace. Hopefully enough people will be able to see the error of his ways.
    I don't think that his behavior is related to his orientation either, but what I'm saying is that regardless of how he's acting - good or bad - he will be viewed by many people as a representative of the gay community. I hope I'm making sense, because I think my original post may be misunderstood.
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Personally I thought he was doing a disservice to wealthy white southerners, as his behaviour has not been that of the stereotypical queen, but instead that of a stereotypical plantation scion. If I was an Alabama 1-percenter, I would be ticked.
    Shoepie, GabbyG and KatesMom like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I feel the same, that survivor is airing what he has to say( no matter how much its edited) its hateful.Very disappointing
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am not even confident I could find Alabama on a map.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I was FLOORED after listening to Colton go on and on! I still am! I hope that next week it will indeed be something to knock him off his block!
    cablejockey likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread