+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Say what you will about Colton, but I couldn't believe he announced at TC that he had an idol and when Jeff asked him if he was planning on playing it he said yes he wasn't going to be another James...and then he didn't play it. I just thought that was great. I'm thinking maybe so many of the 'muscle alliance' who had planned on voting for Colton, figured it was a wasted vote since he would play the idol and decided last minute to vote for Matt. I wonder who tipped them all off that Matt was the pick to go home- obviously Matt thought himself to be safe. Now the guys are left to wonder if Colton really has an idol or if he was just playing them at TC. Good for him for not playing it. He knew his alliance had the numbers and it would be a wasted idol if he used it. He may be flamboyant and over the top, but Tarzan seemed to be correct when he said that Colton knows the ins and outs of the game and he was useful to have around. I think he will be here for awhile.

I also had to laugh when Tarzan asked to see the last 2 votes. Um...NO! Have you never heard Jeff say "the last 2 votes will remain hidden." Nice try, though.
    Arielflies and Midol like this.

We laughed at Jeff's "that would be double duh" comment at TC.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I have to agree with Alexxx here. I don't think gay men have to feel ashamed about it. Only one gay man named Colton. In the same way, I don't feel ashamed that Alicia is on the show representing women. Annoyed, digusted and embarrassed for her that she's acting a fool, but not ashamed.
    Indeed. If some straight old woman is being a d-bag, I don't for a minute assume that she is representative of me, and I don't give a rat's ass about the opinion of anyone who thinks that she is.
    Allie, spockwhat, Alexxxx and 2 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I admire how Colton played at tribal but i hate the tongue on teeth smirks and eye rolling so very much. I really like Troyzan and am actually thinking that Tarzan is pretty great, too. I was really liking Chelsea last week but this week I was a bit disappointed. I think that something like a canoe isn't life or death and would have been a nice gesture to say the men could use it occasionally- especially when she is sitting there warming up around their fire. I know it is a game but there has to be some give and take not just all take. I still really find Jay attractive (if he would just keep his mouth shut) and I am glad to see Matt (aka Kasey from Bachelorette minus the Kermit voice) gone.
    cablejockey and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Stupid, stupid, stupid people!

Lamebrain Move #1: The women not taking advantage of the men's offer to share their shelter. They gained nothing from toughing it out in their own camp, got very little sleep from the cold, the wind, and the rain, and when a merge occurs later on, the men will remember that the women spurned them rather than work with them.

Lamebrain Move #2: The same women taking embers from the men and warming themselves at their campfire but then not expecting to give them anything in return. Come on, ladies! Would it have killed you to let the guys take the canoe out when you're not using it? What if the guys had said no, you can't warm yourselves here or take embers from our fire? Stop being such users! Either provide for yourselves or make a reasonable offer with the guys.

Lamebrain Move #3: Colton revealing he has the idol. I've never understood why people on Survivor can't keep quiet about having an idol! Sure, tell your alliance if you have to but never, ever tell an opposing alliance that you have a secret weapon because then it's no longer secret! If Colton hadn't revealed at Tribal Council that he had the idol, Matt would have been blindsided last night. Giving that information gave Matt's alliance a chance to strategize (which they didn't use, leading to the next lamebrain move)

Lamebrain Move #4: As long as Colton has the idol, he has the power. Take it away and he's just a loud-mouth Queen annoying everyone on the island. Why, oh why, didn't Matt and his gang at least attempt to take out Colton, forcing him to use his idol so he couldn't continue to hold it over them?

Lamebrain Move #5: Colton is dang lucky his tribe is a bunch of boneheads because he told Jeff he was going to use his idol, he didn't want to go out like others before him who were voted out with an immunity idol in their hands they didn't use. If there had been a coup against Colton, he would have gone out just like that. He got lucky this time, unfortunately for us viewers.

I'm sure there were plenty more lamebrain moves but those were the top ones that came to mind. I don't know how Jeff keeps a straight face during the challenges and at tribal council. I would be doing facepalms at the stupid things witnessed and probably would yell at some of the contestants, "What the heck were you thinking????".

I do have to give props to Tarzan for some intelligence. I thought it was smart to ask at tribal council what the remaining votes were. I was actually surprised Jeff wouldn't reveal that because I didn't think it was a secret. That request showed that Tarzan is thinking, unlike the rest of the guys.

This sure has been the most unlikeable cast ever! I long for someone like Tyson, who cracked me up week after week with his quips.

BTW, I had to add, I wonder how this season would have played out if the men and women had been in separate camps instead of together. Without being able to mooch off the men, this women would have been goners. They would have come to challenge someday with a few members missing and when Jeff asked, we'd find out that some of the women had perished from the elements and the other women had eaten them raw, because they were unable to start a fire. Forever after, they would have been known as the Donner Tribe.
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-01-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Punkin, march, SugarMama and 1 others like this.

I can't stand Colton either. They only time Colton does not bother me is when he is keeping his mouth shut and not moving, LOL.

I don't mind Colton flaming ways. As a gay man, I have friends that go from one end to the other of the flaming spectrum, from drag queens to bears. My friends in general (mostly bears) do not care if someone is being a flaming queen. Some people turn up the volume more than others but that's part of their personality. I might not like Colton portrayal, but I applaud his courage to not hide who he is, even as a whining, despicable, spoil brat ultra queen

I wish Reality shows would cast more variety of gay men and not just the usual suspect. Papa bear last season was a good start (yummy )
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 03-01-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Punkin and Allie like this.

Agreed with what some others have said. I would not be ashamed by Colton, because only he can be ashamed of his actions. I can be embarrassed, and I am. But not because I am gay - because I am human. I personally could care a less that he is gay and I don't like defining him that way. What I can't stand is that he is a bully. I'm sorry, I know it was for TV, but his comment about Bill or whoever it was that was basically "I can't stand you just go die" really ticked me off. Maybe it is because of the school shooting in Ohio that again has roots in someone being bullied. But it is not funny and it is not good TV. It is just mean - and based on other things we have seen about Colton (that he has said himself), that guy is a bully and I have a real problem with that.

I also thought the womens' reaction last night was ridiculous. They think nothing of going over to the men's camp to get warm and yet they think the men are being presumptuous because they want something in return. OMG, it is a game. This crap about being chivalrous only when it serves the womens' purpose makes me embarrassed for them as women. Seriously, stop being "chicks" and start playing the game - STRATEGIZE! This is not about the next 2 days. This is about making it to the end - and like it or not, you are going to need some of the men to do that.

Really not a big fan of Kat or Alicia. The rest of the women are tolerable. Glad Matt is gone. And I agree with many of the rest of you - really liking Tarzan and Troyzan more and more each episode.
    sweetpea, spockwhat, Midol and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I can't stand Colton either. They only time Colton does not bother me is when he is keeping his mouth shut and not moving, LOL.

I don't mind Colton flaming ways. As a gay man, I have friends that go from one end to the other of the flaming spectrum, from drag queens to bears. My friends in general (mostly bears) do not care if someone is being a flaming queen. Some people turn up the volume more than others but that's part of their personality. I might not like Colton portrayal, but I applaud his courage to not hide who he is, even as a whining, despicable, spoil brat ultra queen

I wish Reality shows would cast more variety of gay men and not just the usual suspect. Papa bear last season was a good start (yummy )
    He couldn't hide that fact if he was paid to. I noticed one thing last night, he has great skin, and those eyes. I loved papa bear btw.

I think this show will focus on him, and him alone though. When do we get to know the other players? only at TC.I still dont know the women except for bubble butt( Alica)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post

I get what you're saying. I think TPTB cast Colton just to create controversy and contention. They knew he'd be on the men's tribe and I'm sure have been rubbing their hands together with glee and anticipation. His OTT behavior makes my teeth hurt, and I seriously can't stand watching him or hearing his voice. I'm out for this season until he's gone.
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I haven't watched yet but let me get this straight.....its ok for the boys to steal supplies from the girls but its not ok for the girls to peek at a puzzle? That doesn't really fly with me.
    I am fine with that. But dont become weak little girls and use their camp, and then expect them to say nothing.Although the editing on that part was really choppy.

I like Tarzan , but prefer Troyzan.
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread