+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Yep, looks like the head rooster lost the cock fight.

And what was up with Bill at TC? I think he went into the jungle and found some ganja mixed in with the coconuts.
    No kidding. I was wondering what if his luxury item was a bong.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    One more thought. It was really shortsighted on the girl's part not to let the guys use the boat, after they gave them an ember, etc. All the 'we need to vote' was lame. If they had offered to let them use it when they weren't using it, maybe in exchange for a share of what they caught, it would not only provide them with more food that they didn't actually have to catch themselves, BUT also work towards establishing some relationships for after the merge.

Is nobody thinking of the merge??

I get the guys were jerks at first. But at some point someone has to develop a plan and even if it kills you to look like you're giving in, maybe trying to manipulate subtly rather than dig your heels in and refuse to share is the best way to get further in the game.

There's just no gameplay happening.
    Your last sentence says it all.

The only person I recall mentioning the merge is Tarzan. I think he said something about keeping Colton around for "a little while", then cutting him loose when they no longer needed him. It's kind of scary when the 60-something dude in the speedo is making the most sense.
    Midol likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My least favs now are Colton and Kat, with Alicia as third. I hope we won't be losing any more guys before Colton now.
    KatesMom, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

These men are dumb as a bag of rocks! I'd write a list of the stupid moves they made in this show, but I have a date Friday night so I don't have enough time to list them all.
    Alexxxx and sparklete like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Bill had been working on it for several minutes, and the girls came along and saw what he'd done, communicated it to Sabrina, and then as Bill was doing it telling her the same? If the teams had been screened - as in not been able to see what the other team was doing - the girls would have lost.

I still cry "foul" except that the producers allowed it - maybe even set up with that hope in mind.

Survivor is losing its "edge" - once upon a time the puzzle solver would have had to "solve the puzzle on his/her own!" "sigh"
    I think it was set up. You are right, its losing its edge
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Colton's constant smirking at TC was really getting on my nerves. Glad to see the women getting their stuff together though.
    Midol likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I haven't watched yet but let me get this straight.....its ok for the boys to steal supplies from the girls but its not ok for the girls to peek at a puzzle? That doesn't really fly with me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I haven't watched yet but let me get this straight.....its ok for the boys to steal supplies from the girls but its not ok for the girls to peek at a puzzle? That doesn't really fly with me.
    From day one, everyone has access to view another teams puzzle. Always! You see people stealing glances all the time. Bill had a big lead and that puzzle did not look difficult. They were overly confident and Jeff didn't help by praising Bill for taking his time. I thought that odd.

Colton is playing well. He was the odd man out and now he is calling the shots. I don't know why he announced that he had an idol at TC, however. That made no sense to me. I like him but I get it why many don't.

I like Tarzan and Troyzan!

So glad to see arrogant Matt blindsided. Good job boys!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I'm in the minority, but I find Colton hilarious. I think he's out there trying to play a character. What he says isn't who he is IMHO. I think he's just trying to keep things interesting.

I was glad to see head rooster go. He was way too full of himself. I was also glad to see the women win. They were embarrassing themselves.

I don't have a favorite yet, but I don't really hate anyone which is good.
    Alexxxx, Photobabe, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It floors me that the women are so inadequate when it comes to making and maintaining fire or keeping a decent shelter (I'd be inside that canoe upside down to stay dry before I'd ask the guys for ANYthing.) The problem here is they have no problem skipping over to the men's camp to warm up or ask for embers, but they never want to give anything in return. It's natural that the ones that are begging have to give a little more in the trade... the guys don't need the canoe like the women need fire. It's as simple as that.

As for the puzzle, I'm not sure if it was a huge advantage to be able to see the guys. There was no colour or picture to make each piece stand out. Because each had somewhat complicated swirly edging, the main thing would be to figure out what piece you're holding onto. I guess seeing the men working was a bit of an advantage but not huge... like a regular puzzle might be.

I think the disagreement about feeling "ashamed" comes down to semantics. It's how you look at it.
    (from google definitions)
    a·shamed/əˈSHāmd/
    Adjective:
    1.Embarrassed or feeling guilt because of something one has done or a characteristic one has.
    2.Reluctant to do something through fear of embarrassment or humiliation: "I am not ashamed to be seen with them".
    I've always seen ashamed as something one would feel for one's own actions. I can't feel ashamed for another's actions, because I'm not responsible for those actions. Gays do not need to feel shame or guilt for another gay persons actions. I would feel shame if I hung out and supported someone like Alicia, but then I've associated myself with their behaviour.

Bill was a nutcase at tribal. Unfortunately, not in a good way. My first thought was, Bill licked a frog out there.

+ Reply to Thread