+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I like what Jeff Probst said in a TV Guide interview, that Colton is a compelling character because he is a bigot.
    Speaking to Jeff Probst, not Bearcata...

I don't find bigots to be compelling. I find them to be bigots, and I have no use for them.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Speaking to Jeff Probst, not Bearcata...

I don't find bigots to be compelling. I find them to be bigots, and I have no use for them.
    Yes. It seems they are scraping the bottom of the barrel if that is the case.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah. Colton said Bill should "kill himself" and even called him "ghetto trash", which made me hate Colton more. Not the first time the latter term has been used on Survivor.
    sweetpea, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes. It seems they are scraping the bottom of the barrel if that is the case.
    I'm glad you said that. Leads into what I wanted to say about this season. As I've said before, I've seen every season since #1, and only once did I quit watching midway through a season. Now, I almost quit watching during the NaOnka season - watching mean, vile people ceases to become entertainment for me. The ONLY reason I continued to watch that season was because there was a good spoiler list out there, and I knew that she was going to quit, and I wanted to relish that moment. Glad I did

This season, as far as I know, there are no spoilers out there (if there are, PM me ). That being said, I feel the same way about Alicia as I did NaOnka, not as much but almost - but COLTON makes up for it, and I loathe him as much as I did NaOnka! He's just a nasty, bitter person, and between him and Alicia...it's NaOnka times two!

Since I don't know how long those two are going to hang around, and I don't need THAT much negativity in my life, as I said last Wednesday I'm not going to watch again until Colton's gone. Just don't want to do it. Life's too short. He's nasty, mean, bitter, etc. And he's so lucky to even be there - if it weren't for that stupid idol Sabrina gave him, he'd be gone already.

Again, it's obvious the Survivor PTB have salivated over having Queen Colton on the men's team while living on the same beach as the women's team. I don't want to be played like that by the producers. Two NaOnka's is more than enough for me. Would this qualify as "jumping the shark?"

Love(d) Survivor. Might rejoin this season, might not. Will be checking in to see how things are going.

Love my fellow Survivor Junkies
    Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I bring up Jane from NaOnka's season, again. She was pretty bad too but nobody mentions her. She judged Marty as a father (among other things), and for what?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I bring up Jane from NaOnka's season, again. She was pretty bad too but nobody mentions her. She judged Marty as a father (among other things), and for what?
    I think she was considered mild compared to NaOnka - who pushed over a girl with a prosthetic leg and then later threatened to rip it off and throw it in the fire (not thinking that it was metal, but she wasn't that bright to begin with - it was the thought that counted).
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Originally Posted by spockwhat

However, I think it could have been smart for the girls to steal from the guys. They needed to find everything they could for their camp to help them stay strong in the game. For them, one social faux pas may have been a wise decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavid
    Thank you spockwhat for proving my point.
    I'm sorry, but my comment didn't really prove your point.

You were talking about viewers applauding the women by evening the playing field by stealing their stuff.
    I do think it would be a better move for the women than the men but it's not a double standard. I'm basing my opinion on how I think the people on the show will react to the other tribe stealing. Like I said, Survivor is a social game, and whether you are doing the right thing or the wrong thing doesn't matter... all that matters is how the other people in the game view you.

I think the men were doomed not to get away with stealing from women because the women will hold it against them. I doesn't matter one lick if I think it was ok for the men to steal. (As I said, and this is important, I think the precedent was set in an earlier season of Survivor and it was up to the women to guard their stuff. Their bad. That is my own personal opinion of stealing from the other tribe.) But what matters is, not what I think, but what the women on the other tribe think. The men blew it socially! Whether it is right or wrong, who cares? It's all about how others view you.

It's not a double standard, because even though the men would also hold it against them, the stuff was far more valuable to the women. They needed it far more. Socially, it would hurt the women... but it's better than starving and freezing to death.

I'm saying it's worse for the men to do it, because they gain little to nothing from it. All they got was sour grapes from the other tribe. At least the women would gain something... not a double standard there at all.

I agree with those who think we are seeing a really bad social game by most of the contestants. My belief is they came into the game with pre-conceived ideas about how they were going to play, never expecting to share a beach. These people don't think on their feet well....
    I think they should be playing as though the other tribe isn't even there... ignore them as much as possible, and focus on doing what you need to do to be right with your own tribe. Try to survive like you can't go beg from the tribe next door, that kind of thing. Also, playing the game with one tribe in the beginning is what these Survivors know (if any actually watched previous seasons) so play it that way. Then, keep you eyes open for anything suspicious. Period.

SugarMama, I couldn't agree more. Love my fellow Survivor Junkies!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Love(d) Survivor. Might rejoin this season, might not. Will be checking in to see how things are going.

Love my fellow Survivor Junkies
    Oh, SugarMama, please don't leave us. Just think about how satisfying it will be to share all the joy when Colton gets the boot!

And hopefully soon.

Up until One World, who was the biggest villain/most hated contestant that built up their reputation only to get an early pre-merge boot?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Oh, SugarMama, please don't leave us. Just think about how satisfying it will be to share all the joy when Colton gets the boot!
    thanks - it's set to record the series on DVR, so if it happens, I'll watch it over and over and over again
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread