+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Well ok then, he did NOT say from the beginning there were no other rules.
    Typically, all conceivable rules that don't exist aren't mentioned at the beginning of any 'challenge', no matter where you are. Otherwise, reciting the list would leave you no time to perform the 'challenge'.

The bottom line is, the men were not told taking items thrown from the truck by women were off limits, and the women were warned, even though Jeff wasn't obligated to warn them. People can characterize it as stealing, but if it isn't against the rules it's just playing the game.
    JavaJo and Alexxxx like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Well, to be fair the "warning" from Jeff could have come with a whole 15 seconds left, as everyone is in a frenzy and most likely they a. didn't even hear him or b. didn't understand what he was referring to until it was too late.

I have to chime in again about the 'social' game. Do any of these fools have any kind of a plan for post-merge? Or the fact there might be a tribe switch-up? You don't have to bend over backwards for others but would it kill you to foster *some* goodwill? It might make all the difference in the world after the merge, but instead many of these people seem to think they will be in separate tribes until the FTC. Let the guys borrow the boat! Maybe if you need to borrow, ask to share in some of their catch so you can eat better. Let the girls sit for awhile by your warm fire! Maybe they will help you weave palm fronds or whatever to make both shelters better.

It's like Survivor 101 and the majority of them skipped for the day.
    jucamer likes this.

I think Troyzan is trying .Isn't he the one that offered the girls the mens camp, before the storm that is?
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Troyzan is trying .Isn't he the one that offered the girls the mens camp, before the storm that is?
    Yes, he did seem to be trying to make inroads. He's the smartest one playing the game on the boy's side, IMO. I like him, but wasn't fond of his earlier "pole dancing" comment, though. :/

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well, to be fair the "warning" from Jeff could have come with a whole 15 seconds left, as everyone is in a frenzy and most likely they a. didn't even hear him or b. didn't understand what he was referring to until it was too late.
    With editing what it is we'll never know. The 60 second 'challenge' was edited down to 45 seconds for the broadcast. What we do know is that the women broke the rules, ("Drop your items right out here in front!") and were stacking the last of their bounty next to the truck, not in front of it. Had they followed the stated rules they may have seen Michael taking items they had removed from the truck earlier.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    "I'm a Republican. I don't believe in handouts."

Said the guy who was handed an idol by Sabrina.
    Sabrina saved his ass in the game and gave him the power to kick out Matt. Short memory Colton.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wasn't fond of it at first either but then I thought back to some of his personal interview where he was saying that women shouldn't use their wiles to get what they want (paraphrasing). I think his pole dancing comment was a sarcastic comment on their behaviour- acting as if their sexuality enabled them to receive favours.
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

If you think about it, the women are using their "wiles" to get what they want. So far they have not had to give up anything for fire, some shelter....so maybe they are playing the right game. Time will tell.
    There's no place like home!

I have not read each post thoroughly and skimmed through it quickly. I want to thank KatesMom for saying what you did and to tell you that I totally agree with everything you have stated. This hits me personally as my son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren live in Chardon, OH where the shootings took place. My daughter-in-law is a teacher at the high school where the tragedy occurred and my son is a teacher right across the street. Both my grandchildren attend school right next door. I have visited this town and probably know these wonderful people better than I know my own neightborhood. I live in the north east and can not tell you the terror I felt as I heard the breaking news on my television and had no idea what was going on and if my family were safe. Until I received the phone call from my son saying they were all safe I know you can imagine what I was going through. This is the last place you would ever expect something like this to happen. I know my family is okay physically, but it will take a very long time before they go back to lives as they once knew it. News keeps coming out why this really happened and if it was due to bullying will probably forever be a mystery. Again, that you KatesMom for saying exactly how I feel about Colton. I can not stand what comes out of his mouth and can not wait until he is out of the game.

[QUOTE=KatesMom;4437232]Agreed with what some others have said. I would not be ashamed by Colton, because only he can be ashamed of his actions. I can be embarrassed, and I am. But not because I am gay - because I am human. I personally could care a less that he is gay and I don't like defining him that way. What I can't stand is that he is a bully. I'm sorry, I know it was for TV, but his comment about Bill or whoever it was that was basically "I can't stand you just go die" really ticked me off. Maybe it is because of the school shooting in Ohio that again has roots in someone being bullied. But it is not funny and it is not good TV. It is just mean - and based on other things we have seen about Colton (that he has said himself), that guy is a bully and I have a real problem with that.

This is the first day that I have even felt like getting on the site to make comments. At this point in the game I probably have more players that I dislike rather than like. I clearly have no favorite yet. I am not enjoying this season so far. I feel the same way that so many of you have stated about the woman's team. For them to play the part of weak woman when it suits them is just wrong. It is fine for them to take, but certainly not capable of being able to give. I found the challenges this week geared for the woman to win or possibly the men just threw it. There definitely seemed something not quite right about it. Unless something changes I don't see this to be a season that I consider to be a great one. Time will tell. Usually by this point I have someone I am favoring, but so far I don't.

I like what Jeff Probst said in a TV Guide interview, that Colton is a compelling character because he is a bigot. But Jeff also said that Colton may not realize that because that is how he grew up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread