Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Colton, if you need a HII this early in the game you're in serious trouble.

If anything, he seems to have alienated himself from the men tribe.

The theft thing was pretty stupid. As was the women who caught the chickens and then tried to "barter". Only to get BURNED (pun intended) when they couldnt make a fire. LOL.

These men vs women things always seem to turn into Women feeling like they have something to prove (which usually galvanizes them as a tribe) while the guys are busy scheming on eachother.

First show - so far, so not impressed. I didn't see a single person I felt like I could root for. Ugh. I hope the show gets better soon, because right now, I don't really care if I watch any further or not. I love watching Survivor too. This cast just seems awful so far.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I agree.The problem is that I don't see any strategic players so far.Everyone seems to either want camera time and/or be a character.No one seems to be a good scheming and smart player.Episode 1 of last season already had Jim,Sophie and Albert as potential good players.I just don't see that at all with this cast.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Hi there. I am still watching it right now but I am so disgusted by how the chickens were treated. I am sick of how animals are used for reality TV. I think of I am a Celebrity get me out of here. Yes it is survivor but come one. You can be humane.
    I thought there was 'something not right' with the NFL mom, but the way she treated the chickens sealed the deal for me. Secure the chickens humanely then sit around and chat you insensitive *****. Disgusting!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Also, someone suggested about the idol that they hold on to it or re-hide it. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but when Sabrina was reading the note in the idol, I thought it said that now that it was found, it had to be given to a member of the other tribe and it had to be given to someone before the next immunity challenge/tribal council. So I don't think hiding it or waiting were options.
    You are correct! Here is what was written on the note...

"If you are not a Manono tribe member you must give this to someone from the Manono tribe before the next tribal council"

Good call Katesmom, but I still think it would have been good strategy had it been allowed.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

It bothers me... I've read a lot of criticism of the guys. YET they had a fire going early on. What's that old saying? "You can't argue with success"?

It's all too soon to make too strong judgments after one episode (except for Alicia-NaOnka's-lost-twin ) - we'll see how it shakes out. Remember last season those whom we never heard from until near the end (Rick, for example?). We just don't see everything, and here in the beginning, we're especially at the mercy of the editors!

The only two I'm totally down on right now are Alicia and Colton (over the top). Everyone else, I'm taking a wait-n-see.
    Uncle David and Midol like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I guess the issue I have with the guys stealing the stuff from the girls is...why didn't some of the guys grab the stuff before the girls did? The girls were working together and the men weren't. But everything on the truck was fair game..so why didn't the guys think strategic and smart and grab the tools? And while the guy was busy stealing, he could have been busy getting more items from the truck for his team.
    Midol likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I guess the issue I have with the guys stealing the stuff from the girls is...why didn't some of the guys grab the stuff before the girls did? The girls were working together and the men weren't. But everything on the truck was fair game..so why didn't the guys think strategic and smart and grab the tools? And while the guy was busy stealing, he could have been busy getting more items from the truck for his team.
    I dunno, I just didn't see it as that big of a sin. It was "there" - nobody was stopping it - no rule said he couldn't - so he went for it. I just don't fault the guys (or what's his name ) for doing it - it was a good try to gain leverage in the game. It's about winning, not being fair.

And I'll add...this thinking is NOT strictly limited to the game Survivor, but to everyday life in our society as well - we can think about that as a separate issue, worth pondering!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

well it was certanily an interesting beginning more so than the last previous seasons but the men stealing from the women yea yea I know its survivor but that was just rude and crude and probably a mistake they will end up regretting....I see the men having some advantages in the challenges as for strength and stuff so I sort of see it as unmatched but I don't think they wil stay men vs women for very long I think they will intergrate soon and mix things up and thats where the fun will begin do you stay with the ones you started with or do you make new alliances....as for the gay guy they should have brought another man on board he belongs with the women
    Midol likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I wonder when the Frat Pack realizes that an alliance of 4 cannot control a group of 9 people? I guess when guys wax their body hair they also lose any math skills they possess. That begs the question if they wax their chests do they wax their butts?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thinking of a nickname for Alicia and all I can think of is the "Bitch of the Beach" but it sounds kinda nice when you say it fast enough.
    rfromp likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Closed Thread