Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    What I don't get about the Alpha Male alliance is -- there are only four of them, right? In what math equation does a 4 person alliance control a 9 person tribe? It looks like maybe the men have two 4-person alliances, and Colton as the swing vote. Seems like Colton is controlling the men's tribe right now. And Colton is getting in with the women also. The men had better sit up and take notice. But the big dumb apes can't get over themselves long enough to realize that.

Chelsea looks like she's going to kick some ass this season. She gave me my favorite quote of the night in the first few minutes, but I didn't record it so I don't have the words right. Something about bringing on all the badassedness. Maybe somebody on the west coast can get the exact words. It was awesome.

Looks like a really good season ahead of us. I'm excited.
    I am not offended by how quickly the males and females made alliances. I have a problem with the attitude coming off the men. They automatically think "we will win over the females" and they kept saying it over and over and over again to the point I wanted to get some poison mushrooms and throw them into their morning porridge. (Yes, I know they don't have any porridge.)
    sparklete likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Colton is in the worst position in the game IMO, a ticking time bomb. He fraternizes with the enemy TOO MUCH... you are on the guy's team. Win them over first or you're gonna be completely transparent in your actions when you talk with the girls! And he's trying to work both angles too (informant AND with the girls), which is never a good sign (just more people to piss off). The added idol makes him even more unpredictable. The fact that in the previews he's called "a virus" by the black girl (I forget names) is just more proof.

And also, that banker who said "I stole everything from them. It was just too easy, it was like I had to go get it." who stole the women's supplies... am I the only one reminded of greedy **** like bailouts? It's the same exact attitude and he IS a banker after all. Disgusting!
    I bet that if the opportunity was there again those disgusting bankers would do it all over again. Trouble is sooner or later they will find the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    I also did not like the immunity challenge. That they have to give it now to someone from the other tribe. Maybe I hated it because I knew what was going to happen. It was going to go to the gay guy and thanks to that he will manage to get one of the stronger hard working guys off). I do not like that cause this guy, sorry forgot his name is so lazy and is also acting a bit ridiculous. Because you are gay you do not like men? Maybe because they do not treat you as one of the girls? grrr
    I'm not quite sure how to respond.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed with what someone wrote above about Christina. Trading skills for skills was very smart. Funny that Alicia thought that was wrong, but then had no problem strutting over in her booty shorts and trying to entice them into giving her something. Seriously, as a woman, she should be ashamed of her positions.

Also, someone suggested about the idol that they hold on to it or re-hide it. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but when Sabrina was reading the note in the idol, I thought it said that now that it was found, it had to be given to a member of the other tribe and it had to be given to someone before the next immunity challenge/tribal council. So I don't think hiding it or waiting were options.
    Those were the instructions with the idol. It seemed odd( set up) to me, that just before that we see Colton asking the women for help, and that he needed an idol .I don't care if he's gay, he's a bit over the top, but he's lazy ! I hope he's gone soon. I also agree up thread with someone who posted about the way they threw 'I love you around" that was stupid .
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

I have never seen in a first episode so many whiny, pouty, immature people. They are acting like junior high children (sorry to offend those in junior high). This could be a great season to watch, unless the women continue to fight among themselves and continue to lose. I think the men will lose their testestrone smell soon and they will settle down, at least enough to win at challenges. As for Colton, he is not helping himself, just putting a huge target on his back. He may have immunity but that will not last long, and I think he will have problems getting any of the other males to work with him.
    cablejockey and Fanny Mare like this.
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Survivor is a cut throat game, so personally, I no problem with all the stealing (supplies, fire, etc.) that either tribe did. It's somewhat annoying that both tribes got so upset about the other tribe's 'dirty play' when both tribes showed the are quite capable of doing it. Whatever though. There will always be whiners and complainers. I can tell you one thing though, if I caught both of those chickens with my bare hands, I wouldn't be giving them up either. Good for her! Not an easy feat.

I think Kim and Christina are by far my favourites of the women. Christina, because she is being targeted by Alicia, and that puts her behind the eight-ball. Hopefully, she can keep her head down and not let Alicia goad her into outbursts. She should put on the sad face about how Alicia targeted her, and hopefully the other women will take up her cause. Kim, I like because she seems to be fairly intelligent and I don't think much is going to get her worked up. She seems to have a fairly good sense of humour.
    Sabrina, I'm on the fence about. I think finding that idol put her in an AWFUL position. Such a gamble having to give an idol to someone when you have no idea who any of them are. The only way she can twist it in her favour is to say she gave it to the weakest guy so she could weaken their tribe and help her own tribe in challenges.
    I hate Alicia already. *sighs* She's the ugly version of NaOnka. She targetted Christina because of her cutie-patotieness. That's all. Christina could arrange with the guys what Alicia could not. Pure jealousy.
    Kat is as dumb as a sack of rocks. First, kind of snapping at the girls fighting in tribal, but really? Ambience? For heaven's sake, girl. And she looks like a thug with that hoodie on.

Blond dude of the guys, don't know his name and I don't care... I like him least. I'm not crazy about the buff-boy alliance, particularly because Leif is as buff as any of them, but was left on the sidelines, and he could have been their number five. What, is he too short for your 'we're tall and gorgeous' alliance? Oh, go away, all of you.
    I can't think of any of the guys I like right now.

One note about the chickens and I'm afraid I'm going to tick people off, but here we go. When I saw the girl holding the chicken down when they were sitting on the beach, I didn't like it. I was thinking, get that chicken out of the sun and into a dang cage! The way the Chelsea was holding the chickens she caught didn't bother me... how else is she supposed to hold two chickens she just caught with two hands? If this was a food challenge and they offered up fried chicken to the survivors, no one would have said anything, even though those friers weren't handled any differently. Those wild chickens have had great lives, and now they're going to be a tasty meal for some hungry people. I'd say those chickens were the lucky ones.
    pikachu, rfromp, KatesMom and 1 others like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, one note on Colton. Try, you fool, TRY. I'm a woman and I can be as cozy with men as I can with women. Not because I can entice them, but because I'm a human being who, with a little effort and kindness, can get along with people if I try. Not having everything in common doesn't mean much... as time goes by, you let some other idiot's arrogance or stupidity get them voted out. Eventually, the guys will see you as an asset and a non-threat to their physical game. Don't be so one-note, Colton!
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ... I think Kim and Christina are by far my favourites of the women. Christina, because she is being targeted by Alicia, and that puts her behind the eight-ball. Hopefully, she can keep her head down and not let Alicia goad her into outbursts. She should put on the sad face about how Alicia targeted her, and hopefully the other women will take up her cause....

...I hate Alicia already. *sighs* She's the ugly version of NaOnka. She targetted Christina because of her cutie-patotieness. That's all. Christina could arrange with the guys what Alicia could not. Pure jealousy....
    I totally agree with these two statements! Last night I wanted to jump into the tv screen and slap Alicia upside her haid...she's a thug.
    jucamer likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Alicia seems to be bitchy just because she can be. Do not like her. Otherwise, I don't actively dislike any of the other women (yet!). Sabrina is my favorite, but perhaps only because we've seen the most of her so far. But even though she says she can do/be "the angry black woman", what I'm not seeing is the SNOTTY black woman. Of all the black women they've had on this show, they've drawn far too many from the Snot Pool (which, of course, is really a larger pool of Snotty Women Regardless of Race or Ethnicity). I have hopes that Sabrina will not turn out to be from that pool.

Of the men .... well, I did take against them for stealing from the women's pile of equipment. Yah yah, this is Survivor, blah blah blah. I can't really peg why that bothered me so much, but I think it was largely because of their later whining about not sharing the chickens (dishonorable!) without acknowledging that they had already shown themselves to be dishonorable. I have a REAL problem with hypocrisy. Embrace the spirit of the game, but don't get all self-righteous and wounded when it comes back to bite YOU on the butt.

So I am a bit against ALL the men for their participation in that (active or passive), but I acknowledge that there might be things we weren't shown, and also, if you're stuck on the tribe with the hypocritical thieves, making a fuss about it isn't smart (even if you privately thinking they're a bunch of jackasses).

Troyzan and Greg-Tarzan have my eyes rolling, and I actively cringe because they're in my age group. Bleah! Plus, if those two, plus Leif and Jonas are the default "other four" (with Colton as a swing vote between the two groups of four), I'm not sure I see those two subsuming their egos enough to form an effective group. OTOH, I really like the idea of Colton getting rid of one of the "young fit" four men (take Michael or Matt, I don't care, hopefully BOTH), and making the rest of them scramble to realign. They might be able to pull Bill out of the "young fit" group. In fact, if I were Bill, I'd be looking at having a secret alliance with the "other group" within their tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I'm not quite sure how to respond.
    hahahaha OMG I now see why.

Closed Thread