+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Monica - One World

Monica - One World

Name (Age): Monica Culpepper (41)

Tribe Designation: Salani

Current Residence: Tampa, Fla.

Personal Claim to Fame: Homecoming Queen at University of Florida in 1991, University of Florida Outstanding Female Leader Graduate in 1991, Graduated with Honors from University of Minnesota Physical Therapy School, Wife of University of Florida and nine year NFL Defensive Tackle, Brad Culpepper, and mother of three straight "A" students.

Inspiration in Life: My husband without a doubt! He is the hardest working person I know. He was not only an All-American Football player at University of Florida, an Academic All-American, a Southeastern Conference Hall of Famer, and Vice President of the UF student body, but also finished with a Masters degree. He won the prestigious Campbell Award, making him the number one scholar athlete in the nation. Then he went on to the NFL where he played for nine seasons with the Vikings, Buccaneers, and Bears. He was All-Madden and the NFL’s Unsung Hero Award winner. While playing in the NFL, he earned his law degree in the "off- seasons." Now, he has his own law firm and truly is a role model and a coach to me and many kids in our community. Best part is… I helped build him!

Hobbies: Kickboxing, hiking, skeet shooting, riding four wheelers, snowboarding, wakeboarding, running, reading and volunteering in my community.

Pet Peeves: People who are two-faced, unappreciative and lazy. Also, messy cars!

3 Words to Describe You: Loyal, tenacious and gritty.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I can relate to Tina Wesson, the first female winner in 2001, because she was 40, had a career in the medical field and was happily married.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I gave up my medical school and career dreams when I met my husband in college and have devoted the rest of my time to my family as a mother and a supportive spouse. It is my time to “step out” and see what grit I am made of…I’m ready to show I’m a Survivor!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am enthusiastic, pleasant to be around and a great motivator. I’m like a chameleon; I can get along with all kinds of people. Being great at multi-tasking, I am able to process and calculate clearly under stress.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m never afraid to go out on a limb when it comes to getting something I want.

Survivor: One World Cast: Monica
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Monica - One World

I really want to like this girl, but something just doesn't seem right.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I really want to like this girl, but something just doesn't seem right.
    That's because her occupation is "ex-NFL player's wife".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Totally, Rattus. This is also not quite right about her: My kids have straight A's too, but it's too their credit, not my claim to fame in any way.

She's only 41? Sorry to be shallow, but she looks like someone older who has had work done.

And the veins in her arms are FREAKING ME OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Totally, Rattus. This is also not quite right about her: My kids have straight A's too, but it's too their credit, not my claim to fame in any way.

She's only 41? Sorry to be shallow, but she looks like someone older who has had work done.

And the veins in her arms are FREAKING ME OUT.
    My SIL actually has arms very similar. She is underweight but ripped from working out - that's where the veins come from. I agree, creepy!

Her pet peeve is she doesn't like people who are two-faced...doesn't she realize you have to be two-faced to last in a game like this...so I just don't see her getting very far at all

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Not sure about her. Gonna wait & see.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    That's because her occupation is "ex-NFL player's wife".
    I don't understand what is wrong with choosing to be a wife, homemaker, and mother. It was my choice and one I would make again if given the opportunity. I thought the idea was for women to have the right to choose and not to be the subject of disdain if they choose a more traditional role.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't understand what is wrong with choosing to be a wife, homemaker, and mother. It was my choice and one I would make again if given the opportunity. I thought the idea was for women to have the right to choose and not to be the subject of disdain if they choose a more traditional role.
    The emphasis is on "ex-NFL player's wife". As a job. Sort of like being a dictator's wife for a living.
    sweetpea and Uncle David like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    The emphasis is on "ex-NFL player's wife". As a job. Sort of like being a dictator's wife for a living.
    Agreed 100%. I think it is honorable that any woman would choose to stay home and take care of the kids and the home. I think it is a tougher job than any outside of the home. I wish I had had the financial luxury to be able to do it. If she has listed that, I would not have had a problem with it. But she is calling attention to the fact that her husband was a professional football player - THAT is how she defines herself, not as a wife, mother and homemaker.
    holly71 and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast