Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Kourtney - One World

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Kourtney - One World

Ditto. Totally bummed.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Kourtney - we had such high hopes for you! So cute and seemed so nice. Sorry bad luck fell you way

Hope to see you on another Survivor season someday
    It wasn't bad luck. She totally didn't follow the directions on how to land. Most of the contestants disregarded those directions. Luckily for them, they didn't suffer game-ending injuries.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Exactly! I am sorry she got hurt and I hope it heals with no complications. That being said, Jeff specifically told them how to jump before the challenge started. How many of them didn't listen. Man oh man, wasn't that one of our biggest complaints last season? Seriously, JUST LISTEN!! Not that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    It wasn't bad luck. She totally didn't follow the directions on how to land. Most of the contestants disregarded those directions. Luckily for them, they didn't suffer game-ending injuries.
    I thought about that, too. As you said, most didn't do it as Jeff advised either - I think it's just a natural inclination to try to break your fall with your hands (which wasn't the right thing to do here). I still say it was just bad luck.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I had the same thing happen when I fell cross country skiing. My first instinct was to put my hands back to break my fall, and I wound up with frozen shoulder for a year as a result. I knew what they had told me to do, to let my butt take the impact, but it's like my body didn't do what it was supposed to. I'll cut her some slack here, as a lot of others did the same thing.

I'm kind of irritated though with the producers for having that be the first challenge. It's a given the teams were pumped to do a challenge, pumped to get going, chomping at the bit. And the first thing they ask them to do is jump from a really high height in a very specific way in order to avoid injury. Sure, some did do it right but lots didn't even when Probst was yelling at them. People were very lucky there weren't more serious injuries.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm kind of irritated though with the producers for having that be the first challenge. It's a given the teams were pumped to do a challenge, pumped to get going, chomping at the bit. And the first thing they ask them to do is jump from a really high height in a very specific way in order to avoid injury. Sure, some did do it right but lots didn't even when Probst was yelling at them. People were very lucky there weren't more serious injuries.
    I think you're right. They have all of that adrenaline pumping through their systems and even if they try to listen and follow directions, instinct is going to take over.

Oh, I read on a spoiler site that Kourtney had to have her wrist re-broken and another operation after she got back to the states.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I think you're right. They have all of that adrenaline pumping through their systems and even if they try to listen and follow directions, instinct is going to take over.

Oh, I read on a spoiler site that Kourtney had to have her wrist re-broken and another operation after she got back to the states.
    Oh no! That's terrible! I hope Mark Burnette gives her another shot at Survivor after she heals. I feel that challenge was a bit much...watching how some of them landed on that net, I was expecting that someone could have gotten seriously hurt - a worse landing than Kourtney's could have resulted in back/neck injuries.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Exactly. In the heat of the moment, just as you're about to jump while you're watching the other team and filled with adrenalin...not a given that you'll follow the instructions to a tee, and they probably didn't realize how high it really was or what the impact could be if you jumped wrong. Stupid challenge for the first one on the show. I feel for her, going out that way, that soon.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I thought about that, too. As you said, most didn't do it as Jeff advised either - I think it's just a natural inclination to try to break your fall with your hands (which wasn't the right thing to do here). I still say it was just bad luck.
    . . . or to break your hand with your fall . . .

Really was a shame. I liked her. Can't say that about most of the competitors we've seen so far.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Events like these are why I think we should have a Second Chances season of some kind. People medevaced due to injury (like her and Michael from Australia) rather than those out due to heart problems (like Mike from Samoa).
    SugarMama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast