+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Tarzan - One World

  1. #61
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,515

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    OMG I would have completely freaked if he had thrown his poopy pants into the water just as I added my stuff. What, can't each person take care of their own laundry, just refilling and warming the water each time? That was so rude, I would have slugged him. Ugh.
    I know, right? At least ask if it's OK to throw your stuff in first!
    sweetpea likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    His pants were dirty from sitting on the ground. He said this many times and that makes sense to me. They have an outhouse and toilet paper available to them.

  3. #63
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,882

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Do they really, Shoepie?? I didn't know that! I seem to remember one reward was an outhouse/tp, can't remember the season, but I thought every other season had them going in the woods??

    Still, whether it was dirt, or something else, it was the way he just tossed the drawers in there from a few feet away, without asking, like it was his right to have someone else do his laundry for him...that's primarily what bugged me. If they were indeed poopy, that goes over the top rude IMO. He had obviously asked Sabrina to do them earlier, as they were having the discussion about it and she was saying she didn't want to look at them much less touch them. THEN he throws them in when another girl is doing her clothes... for pity's sake man, you're a surgeon! do your own laundry, and nobody has to have that discussion!
    jucamer likes this.

  4. #64
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,691

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Do they really, Shoepie?? I didn't know that! I seem to remember one reward was an outhouse/tp, can't remember the season, but I thought every other season had them going in the woods??

    Still, whether it was dirt, or something else, it was the way he just tossed the drawers in there from a few feet away, without asking, like it was his right to have someone else do his laundry for him...that's primarily what bugged me. If they were indeed poopy, that goes over the top rude IMO. He had obviously asked Sabrina to do them earlier, as they were having the discussion about it and she was saying she didn't want to look at them much less touch them. THEN he throws them in when another girl is doing her clothes... for pity's sake man, you're a surgeon! do your own laundry, and nobody has to have that discussion!
    That's just the point--he's a surgeon! He doesn't do laundry! If he's like many surgeons he doesn't even do any clean up of the stuff he's dropped on the floor during the operation once it's over. Clean up is someone else's work, someone lower.

  5. #65
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,882

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Sadly, you're exactly right PWS.

    From the sounds of the last TC, he's rubbed pretty much everyone on the tribe the wrong way, which means he's the perfect goat to take to the end.

  6. #66
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,633

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    His pants were dirty from sitting on the ground. He said this many times and that makes sense to me. They have an outhouse and toilet paper available to them.
    In the past, toilet seats, toilet paper, and outhouses have been awarded for winning teams in challenges. There have been multiple references over the years to digging holes for toilets, or setting up areas that were acceptably far enough from camp for this purpose.

    Jeff - in an interview this week - is of the opinion that what was on Tarzan's underwear was probably NOT dirt. And Tarzan himself said, "Even if it is poop, the boiling water will kill the microbes." Sounds to me like he at least conceded that it possibly wasn't dirt.

    I think the "surgeon attitude" is a likely possibility. "I'll throw bloody rags on the floor and someone else will have to clean it up."

    Which reminds me of an old joke. "What's the difference between a surgeon and God? God doesn't think He's a surgeon . . . "
    Shoepie likes this.

  7. #67
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,882

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Yeah, I thought BRob said something about having to go in the woods when he was faking his stomach bug to look for the HII. I don't remember them having an outhouse before, except during one show where it was a reward.

    Funny that Jeff too thought it wasn't dirt on the undies. Like I said before though, if there were poop on the undies and he was washing them himself, then whatever. Gross, but things happen. It was the fact that he was told earlier (apparently) by Sabrina that she didn't want to touch his undies, so then he decides to throw them into Chelsea's stuff without asking first. Kind of like he thought at that point what could she say about it, and he'd get his undies cleaned for him. I agree, it's probably the surgeon mentality, but it's not going to win him many friends obviously because it's rude and unnecessary.
    jucamer likes this.

  8. #68
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I know, right? At least ask if it's OK to throw your stuff in first!
    I actually found that scene to be funny.

  9. #69
    Breast Cancer Awareness! Passepartout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Loving, Godly Person!
    Age
    40
    Posts
    493

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Also Crazy Tarzan!
    Breast Cancer Awareness!

  10. #70
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,882

    Re: Tarzan - One World

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I actually found that scene to be funny.
    If by funny, you mean "OMG his feces is boiling around with my only pair of underwear!" ... then, yeah, that was pretty funny!!

    In all seriousness, I thought it was polite of him to ask first, throw later. Really, these people barely know each other so to expect someone else to have their skivvies co-mingle with yours in that way is a little much. I mean really, what else do they have to do all day? Each person takes a turn with the pot and some salt water!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.