+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Tarzan - One World

FORT Fogey

Re: Tarzan - One World

I really loved his reply to Jeff..... "the game is afoot". Gosh, I haven't heard that in years!!! And it was an EXCELLENT answer!
    RBmumsie, nanaslbkp and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

I love this man!
    nanaslbkp and Fanny Mare like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    The thing that I find most disturbing was the shot of his hairy body spread out in a reclined position while wearing a Speedo..Shudder!
    Sights like this are the primary reason my husband and I try to NEVER go near the swimming pool on a cruise ship. A 60-year-old overweight woman in a 2-piece bathing suit, laying on a deck lounge chair next to a man with a "hairy body spread out in a reclined position while wearing a Speedo" . . . my EYES, my EYES!!!!
    sweetpea and Fanny Mare like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I don't think it would affect his ability to perform surgery - he probably has nurses or assistants to keep track of who is supposed to have a tummy tuck and who is getting a new nose. Nominal aphasia is like the "name on the tip of my tongue" feeling you get, but his is more severe. It shouldn't affect his comprehension, reading, writing, etc. And, it's probably one of the reasons that he has a such an extensive vocabulary - it's a coping mechanism to deal with his aphasia.

Fascinating - and it explains some of his perceived "quirkiness".
    It also explains why Colton thought he was so dumb---not to know the names of his teammates. Colton was getting really exasperated and worried he'd write down the wrong name, and I couldn't blame him (for once!), but then it all became clear. Not too nice of Jeff to make him display his problem that way though....
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It also explains why Colton thought he was so dumb---not to know the names of his teammates. Colton was getting really exasperated and worried he'd write down the wrong name, and I couldn't blame him (for once!), but then it all became clear. Not too nice of Jeff to make him display his problem that way though....
    I thought he did that for a reason, given what Colton kept saying. I am sort of glad its been exposed( if thats the right word) maybe now Colton will shut up about it!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Thanks, Fanny Mare - I wasn't sure if you were serious or not.

Well, some of the other tribemates knew about the aphasia - they are the ones that brought it up. So, unless Colton doesn't give a hoot about his other tribemates, he OUGHT to have been aware of Tarzan's difficulty with names. But, perhaps Colton is just clueless when it comes to other people's feelings - ya think?
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I think he has selective hearing!
    -Andy Rooney-

Colton knew. He told Tarzan they were voting off the girl in the pink bikini.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Colton knew. He told Tarzan they were voting off the girl in the pink bikini.
    Arielflies, didnt Colton say he had trouble with names ( Tarzan) . I am confused, even at TC he mouthed her name. Or so I thought
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Colton said, the one in the pink bikini, when Tarzan said, which one is she? And in an aside to the camera that seemed to be right after that he really sounded off about how dense Tarzan was. I think he thought the name issue was a reflection of general mental failing, although he was certainly well aware that Tarzan might have trouble remembering whom to vote off--but I think he thought Tarzan was as likely to forget pink bikini as her name.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast