+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Colton - One World

Re: Colton - One World

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yes. As mentioned above the part about it all that really bothers me is that he is PROUD of it in his interview. He admits to bullying people like it is some badge of honor.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if his admission of being a bully isn't more of a front of false bravado than a matter of him being a genuine bully. I have to admit that as a youngster I was picked on (moved a lot, foreign accent, smartest in class) and I upon occasion responded by making someone 'weaker" than me feel bad about themself. I am certainly not proud of this response, but kids are often vicious little creeps when it comes to dealing with someone who is different and the knee-jerk reponse of the "odd" youngster is generally a little less mature than that of a rational adult. I would have to think that Colton being gay was apparent from an early age. That really couldn't have made his life easy. So at this point I going to allow him some slack and to see how he deals with other people, and I may cut him a little slack there as he is barely out of his teens - not the most emotionally stable period of one's life.
    sweetpea likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I'm actually starting to wonder if his admission of being a bully isn't more of a front of false bravado than a matter of him being a genuine bully. I have to admit that as a youngster I was picked on (moved a lot, foreign accent, smartest in class) and I upon occasion responded by making someone 'weaker" than me feel bad about themself. I am certainly not proud of this response, but kids are often vicious little creeps when it comes to dealing with someone who is different and the knee-jerk reponse of the "odd" youngster is generally a little less mature than that of a rational adult. I would have to think that Colton being gay was apparent from an early age. That really couldn't have made his life easy. So at this point I going to allow him some slack and to see how he deals with other people, and I may cut him a little slack there as he is barely out of his teens - not the most emotionally stable period of one's life.
    I could see that - and I actually had a similar experience to what you have described. Maybe it is his immaturity. If so, I hope he grows out of it. Because it is not attractive and it will not serve him as he goes further in the "adult" world. Whether it serves him in Survivor world remains to be seen.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

What a stuck up, snobbish, holier than thou, little SNOT! Colton, I hope you get squashed like a bug at the next tribal council!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I could see him being on the jury and acting really hateful towards the Final 3 at FTC, or being in the Final 3 and being a smartass towards the jury. Which is why he has to go pre-jury so we won't ever have to see him or his face again once he gtho's.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow.. reading the early comments over now...none of us predicted his current power. He certainly seems to be right that he can bend people to his will.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Wow.. reading the early comments over now...none of us predicted his current power. He certainly seems to be right that he can bend people to his will.
    I was thinking this exactly, PWS! He basically said in his pre-show interview this is how he was and this was how he was going to act. Amazing!

I'm actually starting to wonder if his admission of being a bully isn't more of a front of false bravado than a matter of him being a genuine bully...
    Well, it turns out I was wrong. I do like to give people an opportunity to prove that they are not the massive d-bag they appear to be on first impression, but he has chosen not to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Well, he's getting eaten alive in the forums, FB & Twitter. There's being a "villain" and then there's being racist and a bigot and PROUD of it.

I was ok with Colton until he started calling Lief an "Oompa Loompa" and calling Bill "ghetto trash". Now, I just want him GONE.

This guy doesn't have a clue, does he?

From Colton's Twitter Page: "I am far from racist, and I have a Beyonce poster to prove it.. "

Twitter
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Well, it turns out I was wrong. I do like to give people an opportunity to prove that they are not the massive d-bag they appear to be on first impression, but he has chosen not to.
    Yep

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Well, he's getting eaten alive in the forums, FB & Twitter. There's being a "villain" and then there's being racist and a bigot and PROUD of it.

I was ok with Colton until he started calling Lief an "Oompa Loompa" and calling Bill "ghetto trash". Now, I just want him GONE.

This guy doesn't have a clue, does he?

From Colton's Twitter Page: "I am far from racist, and I have a Beyonce poster to prove it.. "

Twitter
    Wow... right up there with the housekeeper who's like a member of the family... Give that man a copy of The Help... Maybe his housekeeper is already writing the sequel.
    march, Longhornfan and nanaslbkp like this.

+ Reply to Thread