+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Colton - One World

Re: Colton - One World

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    What mortified me most about Colton is the fact that being a gay, I could imagine a lot of abusive behavior and remarks that has been thrown his way, and yet he could go around inflicting the same hurt on others for no apparent reason (Bill, Christina, etc).

I thought he was still quite bearable, funny in fact, up to the point that he got the HI, which seems to have brought out the Mr. Hyde in him to the fullest. So yeah, I blame Sabrina in part for creating one of the vilest villians in Survivor history.
    I saw an interview with him where he said he really didn't encounter much of that growing up, because of who his family was. To me, that makes it even worse. Rather than building tolerance and appreciation for how lucky he was - he turned into an entitled little brat with no compassion for others. This is what drives me absolutely nuts with parents today (and no, not all parents, there are some good ones out there) - they think they are protecting their children, but really all they are doing is breeding a generation of self-entitled little punks!
    Photobabe likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So yeah, I blame Sabrina in part for creating one of the vilest villians in Survivor history.
    I might actually say the vilest villain in Survivor history. And not just villain, but overall person.

So yeah, I blame Sabrina in part for creating one of the vilest villians in Survivor history.
    I couldn't co-sign on this one. he's a grown man who is responsible for his actions and how he reacts to situations. No one else is responsible. The only way she's responsible is if she coerced him to become Mr. Hyde.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What mortified me most about Colton is the fact that being a gay, I could imagine a lot of abusive behavior and remarks that has been thrown his way, and yet he could go around inflicting the same hurt on others for no apparent reason (Bill, Christina, etc).

I thought he was still quite bearable, funny in fact, up to the point that he got the HI, which seems to have brought out the Mr. Hyde in him to the fullest. So yeah, I blame Sabrina in part for creating one of the vilest villians in Survivor history.
    Sadly in my experience having been picked on (as a group) does not make that group more sympathetic to other groups. Everyone's always looking for someone else to be the bottom of the heap. if experience with prejudice made people sympathetic to other groups that were discriminated against you'd see African Americans leading the gay rights parades or women's rights or immigrant rights. Not happening. And nothing unique to African Americans as a group. Of course there are individuals who are openminded about the problems of others in all cases, but as a group event, it doesn't seem to happen. Not sure why, but it seems to have always been the pattern to pull up the drawbridge after you get across it. Classic example...when Oberlin college, then a men's school, admitted African Americans they were among the strongest protesters against admitting women. More recently early 2nd wave feminists were criticized for trying to downplay lesbian issues. Go figure.
    Uncle David likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Okay, this may not be the best place to post a statement like this, but I have to get this off my chest.

I'm a gay man. (No, that isn't the statement I wanted to get off my chest.) I've been with my partner for 12 years; we're legally married here in Connecticut. We lead really ordinary lives... both employed and hard-working, homeowners, some community activites, etc. In short, a typical, boring American couple... except we're both of the same gender. And trust me when I say this: Neither of us are the butchest men on the planet.

The statement that I want to makes: Colton disgusts me.

Colton is a young, gay man who has fallen into a classic trap: In coming out (and gaining acceptance from external sources, probably for the first time in his life), he's let his sexual orientation overwhelm him, to the point where it dictates his every move, action and gesture. Colton isn't gay... Gay is Colton.

I've seen this happen before MANY times... guys like this somehow overly-embrace being gay. It starts off innocently enough, but then spirals out of control. They lose their identities and adopt this ultra-phony, snarky, narcissistic, comtemptuous air (which, in the end, has nothing to even do with being gay) because it makes them feel bitchy and empowered. It gives them a perceived sense of self when, in fact, they are just putting forth a caricature of themselves in tandem with an over-blown stereotype.

In short, I'm gay - been officially out and gay for over 30 years - and this guy's over-the-top, queeny affectations are off-putting to ME. I can only imagine the effect he has on people who already hate on gays.

I say all this because I think it's important for people to know that some of us want to divorce ourselves from this sort of image. I'm not saying that gay men need to be "straight-acting"... in fact, I hate that term. I AM saying that no one should use their sexual orientation like a baseball bat and club people with it. And Colton doesn't this.

I'm glad that Carson Cressley is mentioned in this thread. This is a man whose "queeny" behavior comes forth very naturally and organically, and not in a threatening way. He's just being himself. If you find yourself really threatened/put-off by Carson, it's your damage, not his.

I don't think this is the case with Colton. I find his behavior to be extremely forced, and I don't blame anyone for being offended by him. And if I'm wrong and he IS just being himself, then what were seeing are offensive personality traits that go way beyond being a big queen. I honestly don't think this is a good, decent person here, and that has nothing to do with his orientation.

So please... don't think for a second that all gay people are like this. More so, don't think that we have the solidarity to want this guy to win because he's a "member of the club."

The ONLY positive thing I'll say about this condescending little prick is that he's at least got his head in the game of Survivor. That said, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. He's quickly becoming a gay Russell Hantz... and if your read back on any posts I've written about him, you'll know how much of a tool I thought he was.

Then again, this is without a doubt the season that will go down as "Survivor - IQs less than 80"... so who knows?
    I'm late to the party with this thread but hawtdayum that was thee BEST synopsis of Colton ever...ev-ah!!!
    RBmumsie and Coco46 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He didnt have it removed.It was bacterial infection
    I hope he had it removed, that is the only way to treat appendicitis.

It was revealed that it wasn't appendicitis. It was a bowel infection that did not include the appendics.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

A bowel infection? I'm sorry and I apologize up front as this is not even remotely nice of me to say but it's seriously a case of karma for Colton's being such a nasty a$$ to others! I mean, his own a$$ got back at him.
    babyfat101 and AZChristian like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Really the guy was nasty. Seems to be that way as a person. But on the other hand, I do feel sorry for people like that. That bully people for no reason. Having had first-hand experience like that myself.
    Merry Christmas!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112