+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Interview by Albert who thinks Ozzy played the worst game ever.

'Survivor: South Pacific's' Albert Destrade: 'Ozzy played one of the worst games ever in the history of 'Survivor'' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Are you glad you did "Survivor"? Was it everything you hoped it would be?

"I'm extremely glad I did 'Survivor.' I love this game, I love the show. I don't know if it was anything I expected it to be because I really expected to come home with the million dollar check. I felt like I played a really, really solid game. But I have no regrets. I know I gave it my all. I made the best decisions that were available for me."

Did you feel like you had a chance going into the final Tribal? Did it surprise you not to get any votes?

"I wasn't surprised I didn't get any votes given the way the final Tribal played out. Going into it, I could have had an opportunity. I really had a lot of reasons why I had a claim to the prize. But I didn't really have an opportunity to speak my case. There's not a day that goes by taht I don't think about literally the dozens of reasons I had why I should've won the game. I created this five-person alliance, I brought Coach in. I handled Brandon Hantz in a scenario when I had one foot out the door and was able to get him to give me his necklace. There were so many things I could've done and said if I had been given more than three questions, or given an opportunity to comment. It's cool, though, I'm resigned to my fate and I'm not embarrassed about my game."

Were you surprised Sophie won?

"Given the way the jury operated, I wasn't surprised that she won. I felt like they were looking for reasons not to give me the win, or not to give Coach the win. And Sophie was on the winning end of that. She played a pretty awful social game ... if you look at her body of work, it paled in comparison to mine and Coach's by a pretty large margin. But I'm not surprised she won. We have nine emotional human beings [on the jury] who are voting on their own criteria and how much their feelings were hurt. I could foresee it coming and I warned Coach."

If you could do it over, would you do anything differently?

"I would definitely try to position myself with a couple different opponents in the end. I probably would've brought Mikayla in earlier on in our alliance. That would've been a big key. I unfortunately bought into the Brandon-Hantz-Mikayla-lies train early on. But yeah, there's so many scenarios that I could replay I would do a little differently. But I feel like overall I made the best play in each and every scenario that was available to me."

If you hadn't been in the final three, who would've gotten your vote out the last few players?

"I probably would've voted for Sophie, just because I thought she played a slightly better game than Coach. Coach made a couple more missteps than she did. Brandon Hantz would never in a million years have gotten my vote, he played an atrocious game."

What about Ozzy?

"Ozzy played one of the worst games ever in the history of 'Survivor.' Not only did he get voted out three times in one season, which is hard to do, but he was berating members of his own tribe. He was kicking walls after challenges, he got one of his alliance members voted out. It's really disappointing as a fan of 'Survivor.' I thought he would've brought more to the table. I thought Ozzy played a really, really poor game. Clearly the Savaii members were supportive of him, but not all the people who were there were voting on the 'best' person there."
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, I find it very hypocritical of Whitney to lambast Sophie during the final tribal council while she was committing adultery on the island with Keith.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

at Albert. Sounds a little like sour grapes to me. He probably thought he was a strategic mastermind and a powerful physical player and would win tons of challenges and be the bestest Survivor player EVER. He was neither. Ozzy may have been voted out 3 x but he also got the jury to CLAP for him the last time he left, which to my recollection has never happened before, he was assured at the reunion that had he made it to the end he would have won, and he won the fan favourite prize by the biggest landslide ever.

Albert got roasted by the jury and ignored at the reunion.

Oh, and Albert, sometimes people get voted out because they are too big of a threat to WIN because they are such tough competition. And sometimes they get to the end because the other finalists know they don't have a hope in heck of ever getting a single vote (ie. a goat).

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, I find it very hypocritical of Whitney to lambast Sophie during the final tribal council while she was committing adultery on the island with Keith.
    I read somewhere today that Whitney and Sophie are actually friends now, so must be water under the bridge.

I have to say, as well....while I do understand people's abhorrence to adultery, and I too think it is reprehensible, we really truly have heard only one side to the story. I'm really not trying to defend her, she's not the brightest girl in the world and some of the mannerisms she took on during the show were annoying and stupid, but I honestly believe everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. I'm hoping she will, and I wish her well as she (hopefully) grows and matures.

I understand, of course, if other people feel differently!

I'm not a fan of Brandon's by any means but I don't like the way his family is acting...all over a stupid game. He made it really far, did very well in challenges and seemed to pull his weight around camp. That's more than most players can say. I actually feel bad for him. Especially since he's so young. Russel is much older and has lived more. I have to give kudo's to the kid for saying HE'S still proud of the way he played. That can't be easy in that family.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Not sure why Jeff thought that Christine and Stacey wouldn't have been friends if they were never on Survivor. To me, their personalities are very similar, just a matter of geography really.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Whatís up with the sprinting out of Tribal Council every time? I love that!

OZZY: I have no idea. Tribal Council is always taking too long in my opinion. So I kind of like to speed it up a little bit, like when you need to walk from your seat to go vote. Iím just trying to hurry things up a tiny little bit. I understand that thereís a solemness to the whole occasion, but I donít know, itís kind of my thing in a way.

We talked before the game about you going to Redemption Island on purpose, which you ended up doing, and we talked about you collecting all the jury votes there and then coming back to win, which you were so close to doing as well. Dude, our pregame strategy sessions rock!

Yeah, man. It was the one time my strategy really almost paid off. I tried to stick with that plan and was very, very close. But one thing I didnít count on was how incredibly weighty the pressure would be at the end. Itís one thing to be going to the duels, where of course if you lose youíre out. But to know youíre at the very end and this puzzle is a million dollar puzzle ó it was just so hard. My mind went blank, pretty much. It was really difficult.

Well, the mental exhaustion of having to perform in your eighth win-or-go-home contest must have been immense by that point.
    Coming so close and having it slip right through is tough. Compare this to the two other times you played. In general, you seemed to be having a ball this time out.

Oh, yeah. This time I wanted to really just enjoy the experience and embrace everything about the experience as it went on. And I think I did it. I wanted to play the game to show people that you donít need to play the game from a place of fear. I think fear really ruins Survivor a lot of times. The game could be so interesting if people would just embrace the fact that theyíre out the in the elements and donít need to be afraid of things. Yeah, you might go home, but at least you played a cool, really awesome game, and thatís something to be proud of. I just think itís so annoying when people go out there and play from a standpoint of fear. They make really weak moves because of it. So you might as well go out there and give it everything you got. And if you fail, you fail knowing that you played as hard as you possibly could, and thatís exactly the way that I wanted to do it.

In the so-close department, which one is more painful, this one where you knew youíd win if you took that last challenge, or Cook Islands where you lost by one measly vote?

Cook Islands, because this is all my own doing, if that makes any sense. It was all up to me and I just have to take some solace that there is some grand master plan that is bigger than myself that I canít quite perceive at this moment. Maybe I just donít need that million dollars. Iíll just have to make my million dollars the old fashioned way. Walking away with $100,000 plus is not too bad either. I didnít get first place but I basically got second if you look at it monetarily. And in my opinion I really did win the game in terms of how people saw it play out at home.

You called Sophie a spoiled brat and then wrote her name down for a million dollars. Why?

Because you got to respect. I thought she played like a spoiled brat with me, but at the same time we both have very strong personalities and we werenít able to jibe out there. All of a sudden when the cameras turn off and the game is over you find that the people that you despised end up being the people that you like the most. Eliza is a perfect example. I could not stand her in Fans vs. Favorites, and once the game was over and we were hanging out, I was like, ďDamn. This girl is really, really cool.Ē

You and Sophie have clearly kissed and made up. What about you and Coach?

I think Coach is going to take this hard for a while. At final Tribal, I gave him a chance to win my vote. I lobbed him a softball and I just wanted him to come out and say, ďLook, I know I didnít play honorably. I may have tried to but I didnít. And the fact is, I still played a damn good game.Ē I just wanted to hear some more honesty. I would have voted for him, but the fact is, he didnít do that for me and own up to the way he played.

Any regrets besides losing that last puzzle challenge?

One thing I wish is that I had told Coach ó it probably still wouldnít have changed anything ó is that I wish I would have said, ďHey, man. Do you want to lose to me or do you want to lose to Sophie? Because youíre not going to win this game. So who do you want to lose to?Ē

Sophie, Coach, and Albert all called you arrogant. Are you arrogant, Ozzy?

I donít think so, There might be a little bit of that. But when it comes to playing the game, and being out there and surviving ó yeah, I know what the hell Iím doing. I really do. And I love it and I have a lot of fun. Maybe a little bit of that arrogance is just confidence and comes across the wrong way.
    LOL, an Eliza reference, I love it!!

Dare I say Christine's sourpuss actually looked hot at the reunion? Just goes to show what a shower and some makeup will do.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Notice that Albert is taking credit for the 5 person alliance that Coach usually takes credit for....interesting.... I'd be curious who Stacie thinks "started" that alliance. From what we saw it seemd to be Coach.
    Re Christine and Stacey, I thought Jeff was just thinking geography, and non overlapping work/friend circles, so unlikely to ever meet....obviously that's no the way they took the question though. I mean Christine is a teacher in NY, and not in NYC, while Stacey is a mortician in a small town in Texas. True, Christine says she likes to travel, but still not likely they'd ever cross paths. They are around the same age though, and Stacey sounds like the kind of parent a teacher loves to have parenting the kids in her classroom (no gumpopping!!!), so I can see how they'd get along once they did.
    Last edited by PWS; 12-21-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I read somewhere today that Whitney and Sophie are actually friends now, so must be water under the bridge...

My very first thought was, "Well of course Whitney's friends with Sophie, Sophie just won a million dollars."
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread