+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thanks, sweetpea - I never liked Parvati (or those who preceded her) for flirting their way through Survivor. When I was 22, my body was more of the Parvati type, but my mind/behavior was a Sophie - perhaps that's why I identify with her... she's smart, tough, determined, but not going to play the fragile flower.
    sweetpea, Shoepie and KatesMom like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Parvati was sneaky as all get out and I admit I laughed and laughed at how she played Russell, but her giggling and flirting drove me BONKERS. Just remembering her hanging all over James' arm all the time makes me grit my teeth.

My favourite female players on Survivor are, hands down, Cirie and Sandra. So no young girly girls there!
    JohnnyK likes this.

My favorite was Tina Wesson. Just liked the way she played and didn't rely on her feminine appeal to win.
    I'm always fascinated by people like Parvati who even though very young, they are totally aware of how attractive they are and use that any way they can.
    I remember when I was young, attractive, great body, I had absolutely no awareness of it...actually, I didn't have much self confidence at all.
    Maybe that was for the best...who knows??
    spockwhat and SugarMama like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I thought Russell was a stinker at the reunion. I'll take Brandon over Russell any day. And, I'm sorry if the rest of the family is giving Brandon flack over his performance.
    Why don't THEY audition and try to spend 35+ days in that environment and see how THEY perform? Families should be supportive.
    ACK! No more Hantz! It crossed my mind that someone from his family (dad?) is on the next season and that is why they were not there.

Having thought about this some more, it would not be a bad idea. I would love to see Brandon's dad knocked down several pegs.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-20-2011 at 06:10 AM.

FORT Regular

well. the women in the jury were manipulated and duped by sophie whom I dont think deserved to win. She used the "hard to be a woman" card.

Coach should have exposed how useless those 2 were in his alliance. They never made a single bold move.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I don't like Sophie but how she made it to the end is how she made it to the end, the beauty of survivor is it's motto outwit, outplay an outlast....There is nothing that states that someone has to make a big move to win survivor or any of these reality competition shows, because usually those big moves are the ones that get you oust from the game, Sophie won because she did the least to the jury.......Getting back to my first sentence, the thing is all the female who have been mentioned that didn't use their feminine ways to get ahead in the game really couldn't, no I am not saying that Cirie, Sandra, Tina or Sophie are not beautiful women in their own rights, but they are not exactly the playboy type what male dreams are made of either, Parvati knew that men would find her attractive and used that to the best of her ability if those men fell for it, that's their spilled milk and btw not a Parvati fan but.......
    sweetpea and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I thought Papa Hantz's family visit was as big an 'audition' as we've ever seen by a family member. Shudder.
    I also shudder at the thought of another Hantz on Survivor, but I truly think that Brandon's dad could very likely be a contestant in the future - even on the show that will be airing in February. Since he had appeared on this season as Brandon's family member, you would have thought that he would be at the reunion as well - so Jeff could have asked him what he thought of Brandon's decision to give away his immunity necklace to Albert. It all seemed a little suspicious to me that he was not there, and we all know how enamored Jeff is with the Hantz family. It looks like Brandon's dad is a lot more like his brother Russell too.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I also shudder at the thought of another Hantz on Survivor, but I truly think that Brandon's dad could very likely be a contestant in the future - even on the show that will be airing in February. Since he had appeared on this season as Brandon's family member, you would have thought that he would be at the reunion as well - so Jeff could have asked him what he thought of Brandon's decision to give away his immunity necklace to Albert. It all seemed a little suspicious to me that he was not there, and we all know how enamored Jeff is with the Hantz family. It looks like Brandon's dad is a lot more like his brother Russell too.
    I've read a couple of interviews with Brandon and he's talking about the possibility of a Hantz season already.

FORT Fogey

Was any reason given as to why Brandon's wife was not there? I find that shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I've read a couple of interviews with Brandon and he's talking about the possibility of a Hantz season already.
    I hope not either, but not just for the reasons that people are saying - we DON'T want another Russell Hantz appearance. I'm sorry, but I feel that even John Fairplay would be seen in a more favorable light (and we ALL know that he's not liked by fans).

Brandon - faults and all (especially giving up individual immunity) played HIS game. Save the mentioned error in judgement, I have a HUGE respect for his gameplay because he played by HIS rules, and not his dad's or uncle's. Given that he also mentioned he was a Hantz, and yet made it to the final six, says enough in his own right.

I personally feel that this talking is more of a baiting by his uncle and dad so THEY can get on.

But let's face it - the only Hantz who even has a prayer of winning this game is Brandon. He's the only one who even attempts to do the social game.

Anyone and everyone knows that both Russell and then Brandon's dad would NEVER win this game because they REFUSE to play the social game. ALL the winners - including Sophie - at least played somewhat a social game with at least a few key players. Heck, Rich Hatch - seen as the god of the way to play this game, won by a SOCIAL game (even without Greg's choose a number vote, I think he could've won based on it). He was so secure in it he gave up his last chance at immunity by letting go of the pole, figuring that Rudy would take him no matter what and Kelly would wisely choose him over Rudy because NEITHER would win over Rudy.

Russell and his brother would be out well before the merge, turning this into a boring game short term. That's why the first RI season flopped (well besides Rob's side they were too enamored by him to see him as a threat).

Having another Hantz compete in this show will turn it into a show people hate. I'm sorry, but save Brandon I find this family rather detestable and fame whores. They need to stay out of the limelight.

Brandon - keep your head high. You are a good player. Ignore what your uncle and dad say - if they're disowning you because of a stupid game, then really? - They aren't worth your time and effort. It's DISGUSTING that they care more about a family name instead of being happy you did so well in spite of the curse that your last name is Hantz. There are people who respect your game play far more than Russell's (even with the bad judgement on II), and are proud that you played by YOUR rules.

+ Reply to Thread