+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Call me naive or something but, I still think it's stupid to put Coach as the Almighty Boss. I wish they could've followed Christine's lead and voted him out. Heck, I wish she could've stayed in the game longer.
    sweetpea likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I believe that Sofie said that Rick would have the most support at the end because she also was in jeopardy and basically manipulated Coach for her own advantage. I don't believe that Rick had any chance of winning Survivor regardless of who he was up against. When her interview comes out on Reality TV, I hope someone asks her about her manipulations with Coach. I can think of a few more where she definitely tried and succeeded in changing Coaches mind.

So... how was this season of Survivor? I skipped the whole season after the previous one (mentor vs mentor) left me with a rather stank taste in my mouth. Super condensed recap anybody!? Or even just you thoughts compared to season 22?
    Last edited by Endit; 12-19-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought it was a good season! I looked forward to seeing the new episode each week, which is a good sign. Some seasons of Survivor I lost interest partway through and stopped watching, tuning back in closer to the end. The season Eliza was on comes to mind as one that lost my interest.

This season was semi-predictable but there was always a chance things could change. If the contestants hadn't been such sheep, blindly following Coach, it would have been more exciting but there were still enough thrills.

I am glad in a way that a returning player didn't win this season, too. It would have been odd following Boston Rob's win last season.

Personally, I found what was happening on Redemption Island more interesting this season than what was happening on the two tribes! Away from the pack, individuals' fighting instincts came out.

I was happy with the winner. Nothing leaves a sour taste in your mouth more than seeing someone who you feel didn't deserve the win take home the money. Sophie was a deserving winner who didn't get to the end by riding someone's coattails or through sheer trickery. She won her share of challenges and was a major strategic player on her tribe so she made it to the end on her own merits.

The finale was good, but not the reunion. Seriously why does Jeff have to give his mancrushes (ozzy/coach) so much screen time? I think he allowed Ozzy to talk more than Sophie who is the freaking winner.

Can you say rigged when the last RI challenge was a pole to stand on for as long as you can? That Challange was made for Ozzy, they even did it in his original season Cook Islands. I was hoping Brandon would win pulling an upset. If he did, I wonder what Probst would have done to keep Ozzy in. The stacking cards was a hard challenge, I laughed when Sophie started yelling at Albert, I really didn't want Ozzy to win, but he did. At this point, I didn't understand why they voted Rick off, he maybe likeable, but there was no way (if he made it) the jury would have rewarded him the money. The last immunity was the best Ozzy was so cocky going in, and I'm soooooooo glad /happy that it was Sophie who beat him.

Sophie - From the beginning of the season and up until last week, she was always there for me. Not until last night, did I started liking Sophie. Is it weird that when she had her breakdown I began to like her? I guess it showed that she was more "human". But I liked her even more, when she beat Ozzy's ass in the final immunity challenge. I loved her epic saying when she voted out Ozzy 'Cause I'm the new Dragonslayer' <3<3<3 Soo good. I would have given her my vote, just for that. I think her speech and answers to the jury was the best from the final three. Although I was very surprised that she recieved Ozzy's vote. IMO, she wasn't the best player of the game, only up until the last few days to me, was when she really started playing the best, she played a quiet game, but she wasn't a coat tail rider. I felt bad for Sophie, when Probst gave more time to talk to Ozzy than her, what's up with that? Oh well, she won!!! So that's good.

Coach - I actually liked Coach this season, he wasn't weird from the previous ones. IMO, I believed that Coach was playing the best game, until the last few days. Instead of thinking of taking the 'strongest' people till the end, he should have brought people like Cochran, Edna and Brandon to the end. His downfall was his talk of 'honour', 'integrity' and such. His answers were so-so he got many chances to explained himself, but I guess he didn't do such a great job. I was hoping he would have won, but I'm fine with Sophie's win But I'm very surprised that he did not get Ozzy's vote.

Albert - He didn't really do much, and I was thinking 'WTF?' with his opening speech. It's not only a social game, but it's a strategic one and physical one as well. Albert lost when he did not give Brandon his immunity necklace back, but he lost even more when he couldn't answer Brandon's yes or no question.

Ozzy - Where do I begin? I don't like Ozzy I think he's cocky and arrogant. I loved that he did not win the final immunity, if he did this season would have turned out bad. Except, last season was way worse, almost all the cast were recruits and the game was rigged for Boston Rob to win. He was a challenge beast (I give him that) he won all the RI duels (btw, which were built for him) ....but that's about it. I don't believe he played a great social game, cause if he did there was no way Cochran would have flipped. He did not play a good strategic game, although I'll give him credit for voting himself out to go on RI for Cochran's behalf, he only got as far as he did because of RI, that's it. He would have won if he had made it to the final 3, but for what? Because he won the duels and was a physical threat? That's only ONE aspect of the game of survivor, so I'm really really glad he didn't win the FI at all. His cockiness was his downfall as well, he couldn't even man up and say it was his fault that he couldn't win. From what I was hearing he was blaming the puzzle....wow. xD From his jury question it looked like he was leaning to vote Coach, but he voted for Sophie. I don't really understand why. Most likely because he was bitter or he did not want Coach to get the glory to win survivor. And I don't understand the attraction of him, I mean yes in his first season when he had short hair, he was cute. I hate his long hair cut it off, I'll even go as far and say that Coach looks better in long hair than he does.....did I really type that?

Rick - I liked Rick, too bad they didn't show him that much on the show. I liked angry Rick, wish we could have seen this side more in the game. I was surprised that Rick was bitter, because from what I read, he was a fan since it started and applied 14 times. But then again, if Coach didn't lie to him before TC and when Rick heard about Coach's promise to Ozzy, that sealed the deal. It would have been awesome if Rick pulled a Boston Rob, when Coach was going to hug him. It would have been great to hear him say "You're a little man" in his accent. LOL. And probst what's with the snub in the reunion? We didn't hear him speak!!

Brandon - I liked Brandon on and off during the season, but I really felt bad for him when he talked about his gang and in the reunion. I couldn't belive his family didn't show up (well the ones who didn't have a legitimate excuse) I don't understand why his family would be ashame the way he played. Yes, Russell made a huge impact in the game, but just because they are related doesn't mean Brandon will do the same. I think most people are forgetting that they are different people. Brandon is Brandon and Russell is Russell. End of story. I'm going to say this, I'm a Russell fan, when I watched him play, I began to watch survivor again, but he seriously has to be less cocky, I didn't like the way he talked to Brandon last night. Russell's actions are making me lose respect for him slowly and slowly. I can understand now, why a lot of people don't like him. The Hantz should be more welcoming of Brandon's play, I find it sad that they can't accept their own flesh and blood. But anyways, good for Brandon for being proud of the way he played, his opinion should be the only one that matters. I wish him luck in the future.

Reunion wasn't that good IMO, Probst is an ass, why does he snub some of the cast? I really wanted Papa Bear to speak, he looked so excited. Jeff and his obvious favourtism are really getting on my nerves, I wonder if he is sexist because I know all his favourites are males. His mancrushes are getting to extreme just stop with the testoterone already.
    Last edited by Daisoo; 12-19-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    SugarMama likes this.

I enjoyed this season as well, a lot of people of the cast were fans who applied so I was very happy to hear that. I hate recruits, they bring nothing to the game, as they don't really know how the game works.

The cast was very colourful and fun, I hope next season there are no more returning players.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    She may be demanding, but I took it a slightly different way (and Ozzy basically admitted it at the reunion show) - reality was that Sophie was the only one who was realistically going to beat Ozzy in the challenges. I think Sophie was more looking at it as it was the three of them again Ozzy and since she was the one most likely to beat Albert, he should be doing what he can to help her win. Based on what we had seen, I think she (and Ozzy) were right that she was his only competition at the challenges - at least given what the challenges were. So right or wrong, I really think that was her motivation and she wanted Albert to "take one for the team".
    In an interview, here is what Sophie had to say about that challenge:

Speaking of Albert, that was a pretty bold move ordering him to pick up your pieces for you during the house of cards challenge.

Albert is the worst challenge player in the history of Survivor. I feel confident saying that. Even like, Courtney Yates won a challenge, right? I mean, whatever, he won one challenge. We all agreed that none of us would win the million if Ozzy got to the end. The main thing was to beat Ozzy. I didnít know if Jeff was going to let us do it, but might as well try. And you hear Albert, ďOh, Iím almost there.Ē He had what, two pieces on his thing?!? And then at the final challenge you saw him just kind of follow me wherever I would go, and he would do that at camp too. I think he got a reality check last night, so that was good.
    I'll post the entire interview in Sophie's thread. I'd be interested to hear others' impressions of it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Cramming all of that footage into a one hour weekly show? Seriously? No wonder none of us heard much of anything from Rick or Sophie - it was probably there, but it wasn't "show worthy" because they had to make a script for us viewers. Really? NOT....Mark Burnett, pay attention, puhleeeeeez!

Survivor needs to be a 2-hour show each week. I'm feeling more and more manipulated. I actually LIKED Rick and Sophie once I had the chance to hear them! There are more holes in a Survivor episode than there are holes in my head! If Survivor doesn't become a 2-hour show, I'm not going to watch anymore

Well, not really, but I won't like it as much.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Really good discussion, y'all, even though I disagree with parts of course (since not everyone agrees ). Looking forward to seeing what else Sophie had to say. I could kind of understand her saying that during the challenge...it really was the 3 of them against Ozzy. I thought maybe she couldn't reach the dropped pieces without knocking down the whole rest of the stack... but it definitely wasn't said tactfully!
    Re the person who said that med students are tough and Sophie therefore must have been faking her crying, once again, she's NOT yet a med student, just someone who got into med school. As was mentioned, she's barely older than Brandon. That means she did well in science courses...she might not even have been a science major---these days med schools like students who've taken the basic classes (they have a list) but are better rounded... either double majors in a non-science and science major, or just a non-science major. Yes, the pre-med classes are tough and very competitive, but they don't involve personal insults....no one calls you a brat or condescending. So many people do badly in the pre-med classes no one even calls you stupid if you do poorly...just not a science person. So I think it's very likely those were real tears... she's tired, hungry, sick of hanging out with people whom she dislikes for the most part (it sounds like she did like Rick though, and I liked him, too, so that's a plus), and then suddenly finds out everyone hates her supposedly (not sure why she'd take Ozzy's word for it, but then she was tired and blindsided)...I'd cry, too. You might think, why would she care if they all hate her if she dislikes most of them (e.g., Coach for what he did to Brandon and all the fake praying, or Whitney for the oh so overt cheating on her husband), but she did like some, like Dawn, and even if you don't like people it isn't pleasant to find out they've been saying bad things about you. So...sorry for the ramble, I think those tears were real.
    The final TC was great I thought, and as so many said, we saw much better sides of many quiet people like Rick and Edna. I also did feel badly for Brandon as many did, even though I still hold him accountable for the Mikayle comments, but you can see what desperate shape he's in and what a terrible environment he came from. I do detect signs he's wising up....and he needs to learn that one can forgive without forgetting and unwisely trusting someone again.
    Finally, Tilden commented during the show, how come these people don't toss their cookies after that F3 pig out breakfast the way they did in the old days? I wondered the same thing at the time. Either there's more censorship or these folks are just not as starved as the people in earlier Survivor. I mean Ozzy was saying he wasn't planning to share coconuts with the other 3, but they were planning not to share something else...plantains I think, with him. So clearly even though Ozzy may have been eating better than the others they weren't starving....Sophie certainly wasn't skin and bones even at the end.
    See you next season, looks good, and hopefully Hantz free!
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick View Post
    This is the Survivor prize scale, unchanged since season one except for all-star seasons when it is considerable higher.

Winner, $1,000,000
    Runner-up, $100,000
    3rd, $85,000
    4th, $70,000
    5th, $55,000
    6th, $45,000
    7th, $35,000
    8th, $27,500
    9th, $20,000
    10th, $15,000
    11th, $10,000
    12th, $7,500
    13th, $5,500
    14th, $4,500
    15th, $3,500
    16th, $2,500
    Thanks for bringing that over! So the two returning players made out pretty well. Coach won $100,000 and Ozzy took home $170,000!
    Not bad for 39 days work.

+ Reply to Thread