+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was all for Sophie for the win and am so glad she did. However, after watching Brandon at the reunion, I felt so bad for him. I now wish Brandon would have won so he can take his wife and kids and get away of the rest of his pathetic family. Unfortunately I don't think he's mature enough to handle that much money.

I absolutely HATE bitter juries!
    They seem to have the attitude that the others are suppose to roll over, play dead & GIVE them the Million, or they hate those that don't & refuse them their vote.
    All but 3 have to leave. Of them, those who are lucky get to be on the jury & participate in the game with all the luxuries & comraderie of the Loser Lodge.
    If they wanted to make it to the end, they NEED to win immunity, or outsmart the others, not expect to stay based on a free ride, even at the last Tribal Councils. ESPECIALLY not at the last Tribal Councils!
    The 3 that are left obviously did something right & better. Admit that, don't hate them for it.

I was happy with the final 3. I like it when alliances stick together from the beginning. It does show character. At the end, in a larger alliance, someone does have to leave. It's unavoidable. Nothing to be angry about. For the ones who leave then, their luck unfortunately ran out. Nothing more than that.
    Ozzy knew he was odd man out if he didn't win immunity. The others were tight & loyal. No reason to be bitter.
    AmyKay, Shoepie, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Really Bad Ideas for Television Shows:

1)A Hantz Family Christmas
    2)Hantz Across the Water: The Hantz Family Vacations in Europe
    3)Extreme Family Makeovers: The Hantzes
    4)119 Hantzes and Counting: The Hantz Family Reunion
    5)THS: The Hantzes
    6)Brandon and Russell Take Texarkana
    7)To Tell The Truth...Or Not So Much, starring Brandon and Russell Hantz
    Tilden, you have such a good sense of humor, and you gave me some really good laughs. I grew up in Texarkana, so I was surprised to see #6 - Brandon and Russell Take Texarkana. Have you ever lived there? I also loved your comment about Albert the baseball/dating coach....teaching people how to make it to third base. Very funny.

As many above have said, Edna did not throw anyone under the bus at the FTC, but she sure seemed bitter when she was voted off her tribe and sent to RI. She didn't have a lot of nice things to say "in the moment" but must have been able to forgive them and vote absent of any bitterness there at the end. I remember her asking Ozzy "What do you want to know?" when she arrived on RI, and I would not be surprised if Edna was one of the people who told Ozzy that Sophie was not a nice person, slept a lot and didn't help around camp. JMO. Cochran did say that Sophie slept about 14 hours a day and didn't help around camp in one of the interviews he gave after he lost to Ozzy on RI.

I certainly hope that Brandon is able to find peace and true happiness in his life. I swung back and forth with how I felt about him, but it became so apparent that Brandon is indeed a lost soul who craves love and acceptance. He obviously does not get unconditional love from his own family and feels like he continually must do something to earn their love and respect. How very sad that not one member of his immediate family showed up to support him. I imagine that he could not afford to fly his wife to the reunion, but what about his mother and father? Or does Survivor pay to fly family members to the reunion show afterwards? Does anyone know?

Now for Russell. Jeff makes me want to throw up the way he fawns all over Russell. Russell was only there so he could talk about how great he was/is as a player on Survivor - just like he always does if he is given the chance. Why doesn't Jeff just give it up and accept the fact that Russell is never going to win Survivor unless it is rigged for him to win. But, that would mean that they would have to payoff the jury members in order for that to happen. Please, please do not bring anymore Hantz family members on the show in the future. However, I fully expect to see Brandon's dad there, and maybe he is going to be on the next season that airs in February. Could that be why he wasn't at the reunion show? I shudder to think that, but I would not rule it out.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 12-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

This is the Survivor prize scale, unchanged since season one except for all-star seasons when it is considerable higher.

Winner, $1,000,000
    Runner-up, $100,000
    3rd, $85,000
    4th, $70,000
    5th, $55,000
    6th, $45,000
    7th, $35,000
    8th, $27,500
    9th, $20,000
    10th, $15,000
    11th, $10,000
    12th, $7,500
    13th, $5,500
    14th, $4,500
    15th, $3,500
    16th, $2,500
    I support the right to arm bears.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Cochran's thesis on Survivor was apparently comparing the Survivor jury experience with that of a trial jury; but I think he can see the flaws now as, with the Survivor jury, they all are intimately acquainted with those "on trial" while a court room jury has no contact of a personal nature whatsoever with any of the other parties in the proceedings. For the Survivor jury, it can get real personal real fast.

Happy for a Sophie win and cheered when it came down to a "frozen" Ozzy and her for the million dollars. Coach wouldn't give Ozzy the chance to gain final three as he did not vote to tie, but stayed with his original alliance. I do agree that voting out Rick rather than Sophie, Coach lost the game as Ozzie would have won immunity and, at that point, it wouldn't have mattered if Rick or Albert had sat third. Savaii, the majority voting block, would have backed Ozzy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was actually impressed with a few people last night. Edna nailed it with her jury speech. She was absolutely right - it is a game about getting duped and everyone signs up for it. Just because you think it isn't going to happen to you - well, unfortunately the odds are not in favor of that.

Cochran - last night I finally saw the Harvard law student. He is very eloquent and well spoken. He is awkward socially - which of course makes this game terrible for him. But I liked him last night.

Brandon - I felt bad for him at the reunion. He has had a tough life and it has appeared as though he has a tough family. He is so desperate for a role model and some guidance, and unfortunately was easy prey for Coach because of that. I also have to say, his question to Albert at TC was the highlight for me.

Rick - I think Rick would have been a lot less bitter if when he went to Coach before TC and asked him about what Ozzy said if Coach had just been honest. Yes, it is a game and they all know that. When it is your time, it is your time. Why Coach had to lie point blank and say Ozzy was full of it, when he then turned around and admitted a few minutes later at TC that he had, in fact, made those promises to Ozzy, is what really ticked Rick off. For that, I can't say I blame him. I don't think it would have made a difference in the voting at that TC, but it might have made a difference later on.
    march, Photobabe and SugarMama like this.

FORT Regular

"Now that the legendary Coach's Survivor journey may be complete, I would love to see him again, on another show."

Oh my GOD, I hope that idiot never shows up on my TV ever again. If he does, I sure won't be watching. When I found out that he was going to be on this season's Survivor, I almost didn't watch it. I gave it a shot, and he wasn't QUITE an stupid and weird as in past seasons. But still did a LOT of fast-forwarding the DVR when he was talking.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I beg to differ. I voted for Ozzy as fan favorite because he's so good at the physical challenges. He didn't win just because he looks pretty. He earned that money through sheer skill. Island life agrees with him.
    Does it ever! he look well compared to the others. I am glad he was the fan fave
    cablejockey, Moontat and mesachick like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Tilden, you have such a good sense of humor, and you gave me some really good laughs. I grew up in Texarkana, so I was surprised to see #6 - Brandon and Russell Take Texarkana. Have you ever lived there? I also loved your comment about Albert the baseball/dating coach....teaching people how to make it to third base. Very funny.

As many above have said, Edna did not throw anyone under the bus at the FTC, but she sure seemed bitter when she was voted off her tribe and sent to RI. She didn't have a lot of nice things to say "in the moment" but must have been able to forgive them and vote absent of any bitterness there at the end. I remember her asking Ozzy "What do you want to know?" when she arrived on RI, and I would not be surprised if Edna was one of the people who told Ozzy that Sophie was not a nice person, slept a lot and didn't help around camp. JMO. Cochran did say that Sophie slept about 14 hours a day and didn't help around camp in one of the interviews he gave after he lost to Ozzy on RI.

I certainly hope that Brandon is able to find peace and true happiness in his life. I swung back and forth with how I felt about him, but it became so apparent that Brandon is indeed a lost soul who craves love and acceptance. He obviously does not get unconditional love from his own family and feels like he continually must do something to earn their love and respect. How very sad that not one member of his immediate family showed up to support him. I imagine that he could not afford to fly his wife to the reunion, but what about his mother and father? Or does Survivor pay to fly family members to the reunion show afterwards? Does anyone know?

Nope--I've never lived in or even been to Texarkana. I was just looking for something that didn't sound at all like New York, since I was playing off the title Kim and Kourtney Take New York, and I liked the sound of the alliteration with take and Texarkana. The name just popped into my head, I liked how it sounded, so I used it.

I hope Brandon manages to find what he's looking for as well. I suspect I might not agree with him on a lot of things, but he seems to be struggling to be sincere in a family that doesn't care. Really, they should care that he's pulled himself out of gangs, at the very least. To be fair, though, Brandon did say that some members of his family had legitimate reasons for not being able to be there too, and I can understand that. They might not have been able to get away from work or they might have had other obligations or even medical conditions that would have made it difficult to travel. But I really wish Jeff had left it up to Brandon, as Russell suggested, to decide whether he really wanted a public airing of Russell's opinion of his game play. I don't think Jeff pushing Russell to talk about how badly Brandon played served any purpose, and the audience seemed to feel the same way.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-19-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Everybody is a human. But Survivor and all reality shows is about lying, cheating, cunning, manipulation, hurting peoples' feelings, etc. Unfortunately, you can't play nice when $1M is on the line.

Love Edna as she is a class act all the way!
    I think the only person who won without completely cheating, lying, etc. was Sondra the first itme she won. I can't remember how her second game was. She mostly had a big mouth and gave the alphas what they wanted from her, her vote.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread