+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 12/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    My one request would be for an all Atheist cast, or at least one that doesn't trot out God every five minutes. Albert played to Brandon and Coach's fervor; Sophie is playing it cool, as is Rick...Ozzie would climb a tree and consider himself a god. Whatever - please, a cast not so devoted to the ethereal, and more to the practical.
    Yup! and this season is way way too boring, and very predictable
    sweetpea likes this.

I do just find it fascinating that these people think God gives a flying fig who wins Survivor. Really? I'm thinking it's pretty low on his priority list...

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Haven't watched any of this season but in my ever-changing-channel surfing I heard this kid wanting to give his immunity away. The nephew of Hantz would give away immunity? Really? I don't think so. The only divine intervention in this awful decision must be cold hard cash or future opportunities somewhere in showbiz. Yeah, I'm that cynical about so-called "reality TV"

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Brandon's closing comment on the show...as he speaks to Ozzy: "This game's not made for me, bro." Ya think, Brandon?
    Brandon, at least, got that one right! I think the problem stems from Brandon's family encouraging him to try out for the game. The Hantz brothers, although they don't look that much alike, sure do thing alike. Brandon is cut from a whole different cloth. He's very young, immature, confused, looking for a lot of things that he probably hasn't found in his family.
    As for all the religion/praying etc in this season, I'd rather it wasn't there at all. I'm not religious but a big believer in God and morals but I hate it when people misuse all this praying stuff. Coach is practically sacriligious about it, using it for his own good, whenever he thinks it'll get him farther in the game. I got pretty fed up with ol' Whitney praying to God about the game, while breaking the Adultery commandment.

A lot of boat missing

- There are people truly suffering out there. God does not care who wins survivor.

- just vote for the person with the idol early on. Otherwise you are voting for yourself and everyone else. They are going to play you.

- this game must feed their inner bully deciding who to gang up on next

I do hope Brandon gets to the finals. I do not really care for the others. Brandon is just misguided. He could have said I forgive you. We willbe friends after this. This is a money game. It has nothing to do with friendship.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    You can do it!

The panel should get together and give coach some payback. He is orchestrating all the vote offs yes. Knock him out. Vote for brAndon if he is there. Otherwise vote for Sophie.
    You can do it!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    My one request would be for an all Atheist cast, or at least one that doesn't trot out God every five minutes. Albert played to Brandon and Coach's fervor; Sophie is playing it cool, as is Rick...Ozzie would climb a tree and consider himself a god. Whatever - please, a cast not so devoted to the ethereal, and more to the practical.
    at the Ozzy mention.

I think we have had plenty of religious contestants in the past who have been quite sane about their religion. Whether Christian, Jewish or Muslim or whatever, it's fine by me. I think it's a real part of who people are, and I find it interesting when there's a cross-section.
    But you're right, God does not need to be hauled out every five minutes, and it's even worse when his name is used in the glory of someone else... (cough, Coach). There is something so insidious in the way Coach has used his religion to satisfy his glory and greed. It's about as ugly as ugly Christianity can get.
    I'm a Christian, and I tell you, I've never fallen on my knees during a game of Monopoly to beseech God's will concerning a certain piece of property. If a Survivor contestant, I would be sure pray for strength out there, and perhaps to conduct myself in a gracious manner... all while I played the game just as hard as anyone ever has. Brandon's got it twisted, unfortunately for the kid, and if Coach wasn't so nuts, I would say he's bordering on evil.
    As always, it's just my opinion on the matter, but without some religion we wouldn't have gotten such great one-liners like:
    "I'm a wandering Jew without a tribe" (J. Penner)

I've never been a big Brandon fan, but I have to say over the season I have changed my mind about him a bit. He just seems like a confused kid (mostly) trying to do the right thing. He is right- Survivor isn't the place to figure all that out. Now I am sort-of hoping he wins- just to fry his Uncle's butt. Russell couldn't win in 3 attempts with his sneaky ways, so it would be sort-of interesting to see Brandon win on his first attempt by playing honestly (to a fault sometimes). You just know Russell will be in the audience at the finale and Jeff will pour salt all over that open wound...and rub it all around!

I also loved Sophie's line last night about how everyone had to go through "Ozzie's Pleasure Dome" before hitting the jury. That conjured up all kinds of visuals....some of which I wish hadn't made their way into my head...
    dagwood, Brooks, sweetpea and 2 others like this.

My 2 cents. I do not for one minute believe that this show is spontaneous. I think that this has all been scripted. On 2 seasons (luckily did not watch much) have Russell Hantz the bad guy and who would do anything to win and now we have his nephew playing the dumbest game and cannot keep his mouth shut.
    babyfat101 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread