+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 12/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm thinking Christmas at the Hantzs' may be part of the reason Brandon is so desperate to find a supportive peer group.

Christmas with the Hantzes....sounds like one of those old Andy Williams Christmas specials gone horribly, horribly wrong.
    Or perhaps a National Lampoon movie?
    waywyrd likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I'm sick to death of religion being the (not so) silent player in this game. It's like they are playing for their very souls. And I'll say it, I think it was a total cop-out for Coach to say his vote for Brandon was God's Will. If you said that every time, nothing would be your fault - you could get away with anything!

This show isn't fun this season.

Loved that Ozzy kept his focus (again) while everyone in the audience was helping his competitor. Everyone vocally helping someone else would suck to have to listen to while you're trying to win to survive in the game. I respect that he doesn't seem overly upset about it and just keeps on doing what he does to win. Hope he makes it back in the game, as Brandon is right - he is not cut out for this game.

I wonder how tonight's TC influenced the jury votes?

I just saw Albert lose Survivor. That was the biggest load of BS he tried to unload during tribal about bonding with Brandon and giving back the Immunity Necklace if Brandon needed. If Albert was truly the strategic genius he thinks he is he should have given back the Immunity Necklace back to Brandon right before Jeff revealed the vote and Sophie would have been going to Redemption Island and Albert would have earned mucho kudos from the jury from doing a huge strategic move in front of them. I seriously doubt anyone on the jury believed a thing he said tonight.

Brandon also lost the game tonight by giving up the Immunity Necklace. He story about his loyalty and his pathos just reveals what a truly troubled childman he really is.

Rick, Sophie and Coach please, please try to keep control of the game as you three are the only ones who have any kind of sense.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm sick to death of religion being the (not so) silent player in this game. It's like they are playing for their very souls. And I'll say it, I think it was a total cop-out for Coach to say his vote for Brandon was God's Will. If you said that every time, nothing would be your fault - you could get away with anything!

Loved that Ozzy kept his focus (again) while everyone in the audience was helping his competitor. Everyone vocally helping someone else would suck to have to listen to while you're trying to win to survive in the game. I respect that he doesn't seem overly upset about it and just keeps on doing what he does to win. Hope he makes it back in the game, as Brandon is right - he is not cut out for this game.

It is especially disturbing when people use religion and the "God's Will" excuse to absolve themselves of all personal responsibility.
    Lil Bit, sweetpea, Hyper and 3 others like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Albert could have given up the necklace at that point. I think after the votes one can play the immunity idol, but that the option of giving up the necklace is pre-vote, as it is after he asks the holder if s/he wants to give it up that Jeff says, OK, you can't vote for XX, but anyone else is fair game. Let's vote....

FORT Fogey

Brandon also lost the game tonight by giving up the Immunity Necklace. He story about his loyalty and his pathos just reveals what a truly troubled childman he really is.
    Stamp this big time. The poor guy is looking everywhere he can for affirmation except inward - which is precisely where it needs to come from. I feel bad for him but hope he learns that lesson.

I think it was a total cop-out for Coach to say his vote for Brandon was God's Will. If you said that every time, nothing would be your fault - you could get away with anything!
    Same here. I don't get this line of reasoning. It's one thing to accept who one is - both strenghts and shortcomings - but it's a completely different thing to chalk all of life's journeys and experiences (including choices made in life - and their consequences) up to God's will. Assuming there is a God, and perhaps I'm mistaken, but...it appears he gave people both brains and the power to choose. Afterall, those are the only things separating humans from rocks.

And, I don't believe for on minute Coach took Brandon out because it was "God's will". Nope. It was simply Coach choosing to stay in the game himself, i.e. Coach wanting to win and doing what he felt he needed to - regardless of consequence - to do so

I'm sick to death of religion being the (not so) silent player in this game. It's like they are playing for their very souls.
    At first, it was a little irritating, but I'm kind of into it at this point. And I am not at all relgious. What I like about this season, and why I'm actually enjoying it, is that this year, the contestants are elevating the game to a spiritual level - which, at the end of the day, is a big reason why many go on the show. Sure money matters, and the tv experience has got to be loads of fun, but....it's the challenge that attracts people the most, I think.

Questions about how to play it...honestly or deceiptfully, etc. are raised season after season. I love that Brandon and Coach, however ever misguided and insincere (which they often are), are at least addressing the morality comoponent of this game.

In addition, I like the spiritual nature of people challenging themselves. Cochrane, for example. His love for the game gave him the confidence to make a big move - with big implications. He will be stronger and a more enriched human being as a result.

Each of these people will grow as people as a result of playing this game - and mostly on a spiritual level.
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-15-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Brooks, spockwhat and LovesAmber like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    It is especially disturbing when people use religion and the "God's Will" excuse to absolve themselves of all personal responsibility.
    Exactly.

I actually felt sorry for Brandon tonight, especially hearing about his past with his gang "friends" - I knew it was highly likely Coach would turn his back on Brandon, but the sad thing is I think Brandon will still give Coach his vote because God told Coach to vote Brandon off, and that's the hook right there when it comes to 'little Hantz.' He's such a messed up kid, but I really believe he means what he says when he talks about trying to be a better person and do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I actually felt sorry for Brandon tonight, especially hearing about his past with his gang "friends" - I knew it was highly likely Coach would turn his back on Brandon, but the sad thing is I think Brandon will still give Coach his vote because God told Coach to vote Brandon off, and that's the hook right there when it comes to 'little Hantz.' He's such a messed up kid, but I really believe he means what he says when he talks about trying to be a better person and do the right thing.
    I told my husband that Coach was playing smart by putting the decision in "God's hands" because Brandon will see these episodes. I just didn't get a lot of sincerity from Coach...I thought it was good acting. (And it also means that Brandon won't hold Coach responsible for the vote.)

I like Brandon, if anything I feel sorry for him. He seems happy now he's out of the game( jmho) I doubt I would stand up to the ridicule about my family...I dont think he's remotely like his Uncle. I think Coach is a total idiot, he's not outwitting ,anyone. He might get to the F3 but he wont win .Everyone can see him for what he is. Rick is THE most boring of players Sophie is a close second in the boring dept.Lousy at puzzles as well.LOL , for whatever reason she gives me the heebie jeebies(sp) ..I don't like any of then. I dont care who wins or loses, can we have the finale and next season NOT pray at all.Also dont shout out help for anyone thats on RI!! sheesh!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4404175[B
    ]I'm sick to death of religion being the (not so) silent player in this game. It's like they are playing for their very souls.[/B] And I'll say it, I think it was a total cop-out for Coach to say his vote for Brandon was God's Will. If you said that every time, nothing would be your fault - you could get away with anything!

My one request would be for an all Atheist cast, or at least one that doesn't trot out God every five minutes. Albert played to Brandon and Coach's fervor; Sophie is playing it cool, as is Rick...Ozzie would climb a tree and consider himself a god. Whatever - please, a cast not so devoted to the ethereal, and more to the practical.
    sweetpea, Rattus and babyfat101 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread