+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I was surprised (and yet not) at how vocal the rest were during the Ozzy/Cochran duel.
    I felt that everybody, including Jeff, realized that Cochran's chances of winning against Ozzy were slim to none so they were encouraging Cochran to keep him from giving up. I didn't get the impression they were doing it to root against Ozzy.

I, too, was worried he was going to impale himself with that hook!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I've always felt Sophie and Albert did not have a plan to go with Coach right up until the end... I'm starting to worry now.

The best place to get rid of him is final five or six. They could have scooped Edna, I think... (though she may have used it against them and gone squawking to Coach.) As many of you mentioned, they should have at least flushed the idol OR used the opportunity that he won't play it this early to get rid of him.
    And now final five is a slim option to get rid of him because of that idol. It's possible his arrogance will lead him to believe he doesn't need to use it yet, but getting this close to the end, chances are greater he will.
    It's a huge mistake for them to let him get to final four... he's just one or two away from the jury and I believe that this jury will want to give him the win (unless he totally blows it in the jury questions).
    Part of the reason I've been loving this season is I believed Sophie (at least) still had a huge card to play. I'm not sure of that now.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I felt that everybody, including Jeff, realized that Cochran's chances of winning against Ozzy were slim to none so they were encouraging Cochran to keep him from giving up. I didn't get the impression they were doing it to root against Ozzy.
    That's possible I guess. They have certainly rooted for anyone BUT Ozzy in every single RI challenge though, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that they would like to see him lose!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I've always felt Sophie and Albert did not have a plan to go with Coach right up until the end... I'm starting to worry now.

It's a huge mistake for them to let him get to final four... he's just one or two away from the jury and I believe that this jury will want to give him the win (unless he totally blows it in the jury questions).
    See, I just don't see the jury voting for Coach. I really think that the jury will vote for anyone BUT Coach at the end - if he makes it to the F3. The only chance that he might have is if he goes up against Brandon and Rick, since Brandon is a Hantz, and Rick has not done anything to stand out. If that is the F3, then maybe Coach would get the majority of the votes. But, if he goes up against either Albert or Sophie, I am not sure that he will win. I actually think that Sophie has a better chance than Albert, though, since we have seen some of the negative comments about Albert being lazy around camp and being called Prince Albert behind his back.
    KatesMom likes this.

So often pretty good players make it to final TC and then can't present a good case for themselves. I would really like to see three well-spoken finalists for a change. That excludes Rick and Brandon. On the other hand, I'd like to see Brandon give his uncle the finger in F3, although like Russell he probably would not get any votes. Not sure where Ozzy fits in.

Seriously what has any of those left done except drink the koolaid of Coach? This team has not made any big moves or blindsides. I would love to see either Brandon or Coach get voted out next.
    There's no place like home!

I don't understand how they shoulda/coulda flushed the HII from Coach. He won individual immunity and had no need to think about playing the idol; and he certainly wasn't going to give it to Edna, even though she asked.

They stuck to their final five deal and Edna was sixth and an add-on early on by Coach. His whole honor and integrity wouldn't let him vote out anyone other than Edna even though he does want Brandon gone.

Brandon should go preach on a street corner like his dad derisively suggested since this isn't about the money for him. It is about the money for dad as it was for brother, Russell. Brandon appears to be the white sheep in a flock of black sheep. He is so steeped in himself and his version of religion, that both Sophie and Edna were right in that asking forgiveness for him means it's been granted. His posture and eyes took on a fanatical look when he talked to his dad. Scary.

Too bad the previews always fake us out. I would love to see Edna beat Ozzie and then face who...Brandon or Rick?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Cochran's speech when leaving was very real and I actually liked it very much. I've not liked him but I've grown to appreciate how much he loves the show and when he said he even loved Jeff saying "C'mon in guys!" and had to realize "I'm one of the guys!" - it was sweet.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, he might as well play it at the last opportunity to do so. Maybe the jury would appreciate the gesture if Coach said "You know, I am never really sure of my place so I'm going to play the HII just to be safe" - they may not believe him necessarily but it is worth a shot!

I was surprised (and yet not) at how vocal the rest were during the Ozzy/Cochran duel. They were definitely not on Ozzy's side and he knows it. I guess because he's such a huge threat if he gets back in the game. It was great how he stayed so calm and cool despite their yelling out advice to Cochran to try and help him win. Poor Cochran, he almost hit himself in the face with that grappling hook at first, until Albert told him where to hold it when he tossed it. His spastic style with the maze was hilarious. I'd like to believe he meant to do that crazy first move that advanced him halfway around the board, but I honestly believe it was a total accident!
    I don't know, he did it a 2nd time when he had to start over, and it worked again...he actually seemed to know what he was doing.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I don't understand how they shoulda/coulda flushed the HII from Coach. He won individual immunity and had no need to think about playing the idol; and he certainly wasn't going to give it to Edna, even though she asked.

They stuck to their final five deal and Edna was sixth and an add-on early on by Coach. His whole honor and integrity wouldn't let him vote out anyone other than Edna even though he does want Brandon gone.

Brandon should go preach on a street corner like his dad derisively suggested since this isn't about the money for him. It is about the money for dad as it was for brother, Russell. Brandon appears to be the white sheep in a flock of black sheep. He is so steeped in himself and his version of religion, that both Sophie and Edna were right in that asking forgiveness for him means it's been granted. His posture and eyes took on a fanatical look when he talked to his dad. Scary.

Too bad the previews always fake us out. I would love to see Edna beat Ozzie and then face who...Brandon or Rick?
    Whoops, last week then, when they had Cochran AND Edna to make a move with. I'm just really concerned that if they let Coach slip through, he's going to win this thing. Not that that is an awful winner, but it is boring. I was hoping for a big move by his followers
    Regarding Ponderosa videos:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The jury keeps saying Coach is going to win unless Ozzy makes it to the final

+ Reply to Thread