+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    When Coach was telling Edna that he was planning on NOT using his immunity idol (but he wouldn't give it to her) I sort-of thought Edna's wheels were turning and she would go back and tell the tribe and try and get them to vote Coach out. I'm not sure they would've bought it, but I suppose it was worth a try. I think all the 4 left are trying to not rock the boat because they know that Brandon is a loose cannon so they are hoping he is the next to go and as long as it's not them they are keeping quiet and hoping to make it another day.
    I see the same thing. I believe Coach, Sophie and Albert will then vote out Rick. I don't see a lot of drama happening. We don't know when the RI person will return so there is that to figure. The returning player will be voted out.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-08-2011 at 08:03 AM.

[QUOTE=Shoepie;4402366]Edna made sense and I was rooting for her to stay but I knew it was folly.

The preview was misleading; they always do this. Yawn.

Go Sophie![/QUOTE]

Yeah, go Sophie!!!! She is the only player making sense to me these days. I'm pulling for a Sophie win.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Edna Edna Edna. I forgot who told her a few episodes back that she was number 6 of the tribe. Was it Brandon? So she had ample time to try and play the game, but nooo, she kept on ,like the good girl she is, voting the other tribe out, hoping that is she worked hard and was nice to coach they would not vote her out first.

So I am not feeling sorry for her. Not really liking this season much. Hardly any one seems to play the game and when someone did (Cochran) it was such a stupid move. Sophie and the older guy, geez i do not even know his name are also just following coach. it is boring. That is why I really want Ozzy to get to the finals.

Oh and yes The end speech of Cochran and there was Jeff putting a feather in his (Cochran's) behind about him making such a big move. (Jeff forgot to mention yes it was big but it was also very stupid) I could not help giggle thinking of Cochran coming home feeling the hero then reading all the message boards talking about him playing such a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post
    These people act like they havent seen their loved ones in 3 years - not 30 days. i mean seriously, cant we lose this part of the show?
    I think contestants are screened for this quality. I'm so glad Coach had a real visitor. I believe his only other family visit challenge was his first season when an assistant coach showed up. Later we found out how much his parents disrespected him. His brother looks like a good egg. He said their parents were proud of Coach too, which I'm not so sure about.

Brandon's father inserting himself into the game is one of the funniest segments I have seen on Survivor, and I don't recall it has ever happened before, at least not involving other contestants. I hope Brandon gets real life support later that it would have been ok to really play the game, but it is also ok to do it to the individual's perception of highest moral character. He hasn't learned how to do that yet, but it's not a bad goal. With so little chance anyone has of winning this game might as well take it as a life lesson.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I have not been a fan of Ozzy this season, but I did feel bad that he wasn't given the opportunity to see a family member.
    I didn't like that, either. Yes, technically he's been voted out since he's on Redemption Island, he could get back in the game so he should have had a loved one there, too.

I also don't feel sorry for Edna. She's angry with Brandon for reminding her where she is on the totem pole in her tribe but she should be grateful he let her know about it weeks ago! Instead of storming around, acting like a child, Edna should have kept her cool. Her plan to get Brandon out instead of her this week made sense but not for the reasons she stated. Brandon DOES have honor! He told her where she was in the pecking order when he could have just kept it quiet and waited for her to be blindsided. He IS loyal, just not to her. His loyalty is to Coach. Edna called Brandon emotional. Hello! Pot...meet kettle. Then, to top it all off, at tribal council Edna reveals her plan to oust Brandon. She had to realize that was a sensitive issue for the tribe. Nobody wanted to set crazy Brandon off because it doesn't take much, given his track record at tribal council! I think anyone who was considering voting to save Edna probably changed their minds once Edna put the cards on the table.

I really hope Edna doesn't beat Ozzy at the Redemption Island challenge as the previews imply. I'm still rooting for my boy. Go, Ozzy!

BTW, how weird was it that Brandon called his dad "bro"? Is that something men do, seriously? My male relatives always call their father "dad". I thought bro was more what a guy would call his male friends, or his actual brothers.
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Minney likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post
    These people act like they havent seen their loved ones in 3 years - not 30 days. i mean seriously, cant we lose this part of the show?

Brandon is such a cry baby - i was so hoping he would go home tonite.

It looks like they found a non athletic challenge so Ozzy is in big trouble.
    To be fair - add in sleep deprivation overall general lack of good nutrition (they may have lots of food but you have to take in calories, protein, fats and the like), you will have people who think anything is manna from heaven, including a visit from relatives. I personally like these too because they do tend to show the other side of the picture (good or bad), and would miss these. I do wish however they'd do this closer to 5 or so and have the others get care packages as they did in "Australia."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like the relatives visit. It's even better when the relatives have to compete in a challenge! I was disappointed we didn't get that this time.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I wish we would have seen last nights Edna all through the season. That Edna I could root for, but the quiet, sub-serviant, roll over and take it Edna that we've had all season... I was glad to see her go. IMO there is no way she beats Ozzy at RI next week. Gotta be misleading, please, please, please...
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Edna Edna Edna. I forgot who told her a few episodes back that she was number 6 of the tribe. Was it Brandon? So she had ample time to try and play the game, but nooo, she kept on ,like the good girl she is, voting the other tribe out, hoping that is she worked hard and was nice to coach they would not vote her out first...
    I've thought several times how hilarious it would have been back when Cochran made his "big move" and switched to vote out Keith if Edna had had the same thought and switched her vote, too - they'd still have drawn rocks! That would have been priceless
    Oh well.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I see the same thing. I believe Coach, Sophie and Albert will then vote out Rick. I don't see a lot of drama happening. We don't know when the RI person will return so there is that to figure. The returning player will be voted out.
    I think this sums it up. Pretty boring imo , I just hope the final tribal council will be good, I dont holdout though
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread