+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think Sophie is very much playing a strategic game. Just as much as anyone, if not more. She just holds her cards close to her chest. Seems that way to me, anyway. Anytime Albert has wanted to make a big move, she has said no, not yet, too soon. That's been twice, I think, no?Seems to me she has Albert under her thumb. Albert just doesn't know that. Smart gameplay on Sophie's part. I totally see her in F3, and would not be surprised at all to see her win.
    Arielflies, spockwhat and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OK, OK, it was Jim, I just can't remember most of the names this season.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Cochran was fun to watch, even as he crashed and burned. I wanted to like him, or just root for the underdog, or something. Not sure, because he's not really like-able! Who was it that wrote his full name on the card - that was good!
    That was Sophie. I think she was thoroughly irritated by him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, one thing Cochran gained by his switch was pretty much guarenteeing that the "cool kids" would not be winning this Survivor. Currently Ozzy is the only one left from that team with a chance...or Cochran himself. Maybe that revenge will satisfy him.
    It was mentioned above that Brandon has apologized to Mikayla for his behavior. I assume that was post game?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, one thing Cochran gained by his switch was pretty much guarenteeing that the "cool kids" would not be winning this Survivor. Currently Ozzy is the only one left from that team with a chance...or Cochran himself. Maybe that revenge will satisfy him.
    It was mentioned above that Brandon has apologized to Mikayla for his behavior. I assume that was post game?
    I think that the motivation of making sure that his former tribe did not win was definitely a motivation for Cochran. It's a valuable lesson for all Survivors... every person is a vote, so don't alienate anyone too early. Or ever. I'm not a huge fan of Boston Rob, but he had that figured out beautifully. Even when the rest of his tribe alienated 'saggy undies-whatever his name was', he was pulling him back into the fold and even using it to his advantage.
    Everyone on Savaii can try to blame Cochran but it comes down to the fact that they made their tribe weak and left that opening there. Maybe they're too proud to kiss a nerd's butt to insure that he is theirs come merge, but that's their own fault. On the other hand, Coach did a great job keeping his tribe tight (Edna included) and quickly saw the weakness in Savaii and used it to his advantage. I can't stand Coach really, but he's playing a great game... he also got rid of Cochran when he should have, Savaii will love it.

As for the apology... there was a scene where Brandon apologized to Mikayla for his "blow-up" in front of the other tribemates during the game. He hasn't apologized for the rest yet.
    march, Shoepie and sparklete like this.

I think the game was lost for Savaii when they voted out Elyse. It was too soon. She would have been loyal. Jim's ego was just as big as Cochran's in wanting to make a big move, Dawn of course was happy to go along with it. The couple while not voting knew about it and was in fact complicit in the vote when they did nothing to stop it. Throwing away their votes assured that Elyse was still going home.

Cochran for how smart he claims to be certainly isn't. It should have been obvious to him that they were a strong tribe and weren't going to keep him around. But perhaps he's happy with his 'big' moves.
    Shoepie likes this.

I think Cochran enjoyed his time on survivor He's been fan of the show( as have I) I just wouldnt want to be on it.He's part of that family now, and I am sure he's happy with it. I have seen photos of him with other players and he looks happy. I think everyone takes away something from their experience , hopefully he did as well. Thats why I really enjoy after the show when they all reunite
    Shoepie likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think that the motivation of making sure that his former tribe did not win was definitely a motivation for Cochran. It's a valuable lesson for all Survivors... every person is a vote, so don't alienate anyone too early. Or ever. I'm not a huge fan of Boston Rob, but he had that figured out beautifully. Even when the rest of his tribe alienated 'saggy undies-whatever his name was', he was pulling him back into the fold and even using it to his advantage.
    Everyone on Savaii can try to blame Cochran but it comes down to the fact that they made their tribe weak and left that opening there. Maybe they're too proud to kiss a nerd's butt to insure that he is theirs come merge, but that's their own fault. On the other hand, Coach did a great job keeping his tribe tight (Edna included) and quickly saw the weakness in Savaii and used it to his advantage. I can't stand Coach really, but he's playing a great game... he also got rid of Cochran when he should have, Savaii will love it.

As for the apology... there was a scene where Brandon apologized to Mikayla for his "blow-up" in front of the other tribemates during the game. He hasn't apologized for the rest yet.
    Thanks, spockwhat---I've missed several episodes due to travel, and (sniff!) FORT doesn't seem to be doing recaps this season so I just go on the comments people post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Most creepy, terrifying scene: watching Sophie stab the wood after commenting about Cochran.
    I don't remember that scene, but could it have been an editing job? Or could you clearly see her stabbing the wood right after she discussed Cochran on camera? Could it have been spliced together? That image of Sophie does not jive with my impression of her based on what I have seen, but maybe there was more to it that wasn't shown. Anyway, I don't even remember it.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I don't remember that scene, but could it have been an editing job? Or could you clearly see her stabbing the wood right after she discussed Cochran on camera? Could it have been spliced together? That image of Sophie does not jive with my impression of her based on what I have seen, but maybe there was more to it that wasn't shown. Anyway, I don't even remember it.
    It was at the beginning of the episode during one of Sophie's confessionals. Anyway who cares if it was editing it was fun creepy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread