+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I like Sophie. I've noticed her every week, so I can't say she's been flying under the radar, otherwise I wouldn't notice her. I think she's been very much apart of discussions and she certainly has been paying attention. I think she's as aware of reality as any player out there. Trick is whether she figured out how to play with what she knows.

Coach was okay for a couple of weeks this season, but man he has shown himself to still be full of himself and delusional. His fellow castmates are really being stupid when it comes to taking advantage of the opportunity to rid themselves of him.

Cochran would have made me totally nuts! At first I felt for him, but I honestly think he enjoyed playing the helpless, hapless, very intellectual nerd. I was not a fan of the way his original tribe treated him, but I am certainly not a Cochran fan. I wanted to smack him upside his head last night. He was annoying and obnoxious!! No one owed him anything. He didn't have to make the choice he made. No one forced him. I really don't want him to beat Ozzy, but only because I have come to find him to be my "fingernails on a chalkboard" for this season.

Brandon does seem unstable and really fragile.
    captain, sweetpea, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

I can honestly say Katesmom for the first few weeks and then some, I didnt know she or Rick even existed. No camera time( expect to bash Brandon) that was all she said and she did nothing around camp then.. But who knows, like I said take out who's left and she is probably in the final 3. A very boring final three for me, I will be glad for next season when no old players return. I think the reason she stands out now, is she is making moves, oh and talking .If she continued on the path she was on, she would be like Edna, disposable.
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Last night when Brandon was crying and going on and on about how he struggles with good and evil...I swear that kid is a serial killer in the making. He is so unbalanced. For most of us, being good isn't a challenge. We have our moments, but the good wins out more often than not. He's so conflicted and has something dark in him, obviously. Honestly, I'd be a little bit afraid of him. If (when) he snaps, it won't be pretty.
    I am not a Brandon fan but from what I saw last night his struggles come from within the game, in whether to decieve or not.........That would be hard for anyone who saids they have a personal relationship Christ, thats why imo if you go onto these show religion should be left out of the game.

NCLurker you posted my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I am not a Brandon fan but from what I saw last night his struggles come from within the game, in whether to decieve or not.........That would be hard for anyone who saids they have a personal relationship Christ, thats why imo if you go onto these show religion should be left out of the game.
    Well said, I agree. Same with the amazing race, the surfers can get silly imho

I did have to laugh that Cochran used a Johnny Fairplay tatic, even though it did not work..............let me stay because it is my birthday in 2 days, but in actuality it had passed months ago.I thought it was a dumb ploy and was glad to see it did not work. I think that Albert would have sent someone else on the massage and he could have then discussed getting rid of Coach, but with Brandon still there he was not able to bring up the subject.
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Ok. I'm going on a limb here. The nonsense with Mikayla aside, I don't actually mind Brandon that much. I want to add again, I'm glad he apologized to Mikayla, and I think he owes her another big apology for the nonsense with blaming her earlier for his desire of her.

Otherwise, I find the guy refreshing. He is NOT someone I would want to be in an alliance with, nor is he someone I would want to be even playing the game with. But as a viewer, (and if I were a jury member), I would be loving the heck out of how he lays everything out on the line everytime he's at tribal. The tears over his insecurity regarding his own "goodness" are annoying, but his blatant honesty about how he sees the game is GREAT, in my opinion. I would LOVE for Brandon to make it to the final, if only to see how he would argue for the win.
    Coach is a bullcrap master, with his integrity and honesty claims, but Brandon is actually trying to play that way! I think if anyone called Brandon on anything he has done in the game that lacked integrity (eg. his treatment of Mikayla) he would be reduced to a soggy puddle of his own remorse and tears.
    Coach would simply explain it away, and do one of those trademark shrugs of his.
    I guess what I'm trying to say here is I appreciate someone more that talks honesty and integrity and it's heartfelt. Coach is just a liar.

Not that I think Brandon's way is the way to play the game... like I said before, "there are no villians in a game of monopoly, Jeff!"
    I just find it refreshing to see someone really try to play the game that way... earnestly.

I find the bunch of people they have left to be so diverse in their playing strategies and personalities that the season remains quite interesting to me... and is bound to become more so as the break away from the similar purpose as part of the 'family' and play their own individual games.
    NCLurker, march, KatesMom and 1 others like this.

Let's go back a few episodes with Coach and the immunity idol. I thought that Albert and Edna knew he had the idol to begin with, if so why did they play along when he said it was the prayer that helped him find it and not call him out. If Coach gets to the finals then he deserves to win. They can only blame themselves for not taking him out earlier.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I cringed when Cochran talked (repeatedly) about the tribe 'owing him' for saving them. This, from a student of the game? Surely he knows that when it comes right down to it, nobody owes anybody when playing this game. They used you, but you also used them to get revenge on your tribe. And then to play the "it's my birthday so please be nice and keep me" card was absolutely a desperate last move that got him a massage but that's about it.

I agree with Pikachu - Cochran is so desperate to make the power move, he didn't think about long-term and how it could backfire on him. Sure, he didn't have to pull a rock, but he also went out in a worse position than if he had stuck with his own tribe. I know many think he would have been out 6th anyway so 7th isn't that bad, but I still firmly believe that if he had thought about it and put his disgust at his tribe's behaviour aside, he could have worked with Jim and Dawn to take out Ozzy and possibly get to the end. There was room to move, he just didn't sit back, keep his mouth shut to Coach, and try to figure out all the angles, IMO.
    Cochran would have gone much farther if had had stuck with his original tribe. They would have gotten rid of Ozzy first, then one of the other strong guys, or even Dawn way before they ever thought of getting rid of Cochran. He wanted to make a big move and make his mark on the game, but I doubt this was the mark he was wanting to make, which will go down as one of the worst moves ever made. And I also am not completely buying into this 'bullying' treatment from his tribe mates. I just tend to think all of that would have been shown, especially with how much Jeff seems to love him. All I remember seeing is after he turned on them, they were pretty angry, and why wouldn't they be? He screwed their game as well as his own, with that move. And it isn't like the other tribe treated him that great. They used him, and dumped him as soon as they no longer needed him. He should have seen that coming a mile away. They did make it clear at the merge, they were tight and nothing was going to change that.

I hope they let Brandon fade back into obscurity. I don't want to see a Hantz vs. Hantz season, if they decide to do returning players again.

I too am finding Cochran a little too grating this episode, he is playing the too over the top. Still it would have been terrific to see Rick voted off one of the few times we have heard him speak. It is also terrifying to see Cochran use what Rick said about Prince Albert to get him voted off. Seriously, did Albert really buy what Cochran said that Rick said? Did Albert really think that other people would not be commenting on his laziness? and try to use it against him? They are not stupid and are not going to just sit there and let him walk away with the money. Pretty, able people are so delusional that way.

Most creepy, terrifying scene: watching Sophie stab the wood after commenting about Cochran.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread