+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Best line of the night (from Cochran to Jeff): "Talking with Brandon about strategy is like talking to you about shirts that are not the color blue". Even Jeff had a good chuckle over that. I hope he comes to TC in a red shirt next time...
    ITA Loved it!!!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so happy that Cochran was voted out! I was sure he was going to be kept around because everyone would want to take him to the finals, knowing he wouldn't get any votes from jury members. I know Cochran's not totally out of the game yet but I don't see him beating Ozzy at a Redemption Island challenge unless it's a mental challenge, a quiz to remember who did what, which Survivor was most likely to say what, Survivor/South Pacific trivia, etc.

Cochran played the same "poor pitiful me" card as he did to get in good graces with Coach's tribe. Telling Jeff he had been used. Heck, Cochran, you were the one who went to their tribe, offering to throw your own tribe under the bus. They didn't come to you with the offer of keeping you around in exchange for you eliminating your tribe. Why should they owe you anything now???

Sorry, but I don't see Cochran as the victim he wants to portray himself as. He's really just a failed villain. He wants to make power moves but lacks the finesse to pull it off and when it blows up in his face, he blames the people he was trying to dupe, trying to make them the aggressors and himself the duped innocent.

I hope Ozzy wipes the floor with Cochran so there's no chance in him coming back into the game. Or, if by some incredible chance Cochran gets back in the game, I hope he's voted out again right away.

I find it amazing that at the beginning of this season, Coach's tribe didn't seem too keen on him joining them but now, he's probably the most secure person in the game! His name hasn't come up at tribal council as far as I remember. He's in a very good spot to go all the way to the end.

I'm not sure who to root for yet. I like Sophie. I liked Albert better before this last episode. Him laying around doing nothing at camp and extinguishing their campfire certainly didn't show him in his best light. I would be ok with Coach winning. I don't want Rick to win because he hasn't seemed to do much this season. He's riding coattails and staying in the shadows rather than influencing the course of the game. I think contestants should work harder than that to earn the prize. Brandon is the person I least want to win. He's so squirrely, he might just use the prize money to fund some wacko group's activities, like a society to attack women who tempt men with their bodies (even when they're really not).

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm so happy that Cochran was voted out! I don't see him beating Ozzy at a Redemption Island challenge unless it's a mental challenge
    He utterly failed the last mental challenged because he overthought it.
    I liked Albert better before this last episode. Him laying around doing nothing at camp
    He said how important it was to do well at challenges, which was a big reason he was avoiding any scut work at camp. I was impressed at how buff he seemed, followed by a shot of the terribly gaunt Coach.
    I don't want Rick to win because he hasn't seemed to do much this season. He's riding coattails and staying in the shadows rather than influencing the course of the game.
    I think Rick has been so edited out of the game there is no chance that he made it to F3. And if he did, then shame on the production staff.
    Brandon is the person I least want to win. He's so squirrely, he might just use the prize money to fund some wacko group's activities, like a society to attack women who tempt men with their bodies (even when they're really not).
    LOLOL

I cringed when Cochran talked (repeatedly) about the tribe 'owing him' for saving them. This, from a student of the game? Surely he knows that when it comes right down to it, nobody owes anybody when playing this game. They used you, but you also used them to get revenge on your tribe. And then to play the "it's my birthday so please be nice and keep me" card was absolutely a desperate last move that got him a massage but that's about it.

I agree with Pikachu - Cochran is so desperate to make the power move, he didn't think about long-term and how it could backfire on him. Sure, he didn't have to pull a rock, but he also went out in a worse position than if he had stuck with his own tribe. I know many think he would have been out 6th anyway so 7th isn't that bad, but I still firmly believe that if he had thought about it and put his disgust at his tribe's behaviour aside, he could have worked with Jim and Dawn to take out Ozzy and possibly get to the end. There was room to move, he just didn't sit back, keep his mouth shut to Coach, and try to figure out all the angles, IMO.
    luvlady345 and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So, much like Ozzy ,Sophie doesnt play a social game then? she may just win by default.Rick ( too boring) Prince Albert.( too much laying around) Brandon no chance.Coach had his chance. Edna next to leave they said.

Hmm I just hope Cochran kicks butt on RI.I am finding this part very boring, the cast of characters left are zzzzzzzzzzz
    Well, I do think she is playing a social game, to an extent. I know I couldn't - I would have completely blown up at people by now. That being said, I definitely hear what you are saying. While not always, I do think by the end of the game, everyone has shown some of their faults and the person we want to win is kind of the lesser of the evils left. At least that has been true for me. Maybe I like Sophie because I relate to her and I think I would handle things very similarly. She strikes me as the type of person I would be friends with in the real world. Coach, Brandon, Albert - not so much. Cochran, I probably would, because I know people like him. He is the nice, a bit dorky, guy who has been overlooked his whole life. This is his chance to shine and it is going to his head a bit. I have seen it happen before to other very nice people. So as to him, I blame the game much more than I think it says anything about who he really is.

Well they got rid of Cochran, so when Brandon and Ozzy leave( if they leave) .There won't be many left to like or dislike .I think Sophie ( who did nothing, nor did she say anything for weeks) is boring.

Not the type I would hang with , too dull imo. But, who knows if she will last. My GF calls her the lump, for her seemingly lack of oomph! but she believes she will end up in the final 3.zzzzzzzz.I dont blame the game for anything, editing, yes, very crafty as to manipulate as to how we think. They all know the game and what they might be portrayed as when they sign up.

I mentioned the above players as they get more camera time, the reason being they have something to say (can you imagine a survivor full of Ricks? )

Last night when Brandon was crying and going on and on about how he struggles with good and evil...I swear that kid is a serial killer in the making. He is so unbalanced. For most of us, being good isn't a challenge. We have our moments, but the good wins out more often than not. He's so conflicted and has something dark in him, obviously. Honestly, I'd be a little bit afraid of him. If (when) he snaps, it won't be pretty.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I really think Brandon has been taught to believe any little error in judgement puts his moral soul at risk. He is just struggling too hard with what is basically human nature (to make mistakes, to have lapses in judgement, to screw up). He seems so very young to me, when I see him get so worked up at TC. I wish he weren't on this show, and I am really irritated at the producers for putting him on basically because of his troll Uncle.

In his weekly Q&A, Dalton Ross (EW blogger) asked Jeff about Brandon's, um, shall we say, seeming instability. Jeff said:

"There was never any concern about Brandon becoming violent to himself or others."

Jeff Probst on episode 12 of 'Survivor: South Pacific' | Inside TV | EW.com

I guess it worked out in Survivor world, but it would not surprise me at all to hear about an "ex-survivor contestant" snapping in the real world. That young man needs serious help.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well they got rid of Cochran, so when Brandon and Ozzy leave( if they leave) .There won't be many left to like or dislike .I think Sophie ( who did nothing, nor did she say anything for weeks) is boring.

Not the type I would hang with , too dull imo. But, who knows if she will last. My GF calls her the lump, for her seemingly lack of oomph! but she believes she will end up in the final 3.zzzzzzzz.I dont blame the game for anything, editing, yes, very crafty as to manipulate as to how we think. They all know the game and what they might be portrayed as when they sign up.

I mentioned the above players as they get more camera time, the reason being they have something to say (can you imagine a survivor full of Ricks? )
    Definitely understood. We might have to agree to disagree. For me, I see someone who is succeeding at challenges and helping at camp. She is on the inside of the alliance, which means she must be playing some strategic and social game. I also point to when she told Albert not to flip a few weeks ago, because it was too soon (I think she was right), and her sticking up for Edna over Cochran to Coach, which shows she is not a doormat. And I agree with her on that decision as well. Edna has remained loyal to her tribe. Cochran, even with his "you owe me" speech made his decision for himself and himself alone. The tribe did not owe him anything. She is sticking with the people who are loyal to her until it is time to start picking each other off. I actually think she is playing a decent game, because she has flown under the radar while not being a doormat. Seeing what we have seen so far (and yes, everything is edited), I can totally see her winning. Who doesn't like her on her own tribe? Is there anyone else on that entire tribe who can say they have not ticked off at least one person? And at least as far as we know, she hasn't ticked off any of the outcasts from Savaii either. There aren't many left who can say that as well. Honestly, looking at it right now, if they had to vote today and she was one of the F3, I'm not sure how she doesn't win, unless they get together and decide that even though someone else backstabbed them, they played a good game, KWIM?
    Tribal Speak likes this.

+ Reply to Thread