+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Ok...minority here...but I sorta liked Cochran in that nerdy underdog way and I kind of wanted to see him outsmart all 'the family'. I also do not think his "you owe me" speeches helped him at all. I think they missed their opportunity to break up the fam when it was Cochran, Dawn, Whitney, Albert and Sophie and A & S decided not to rock the boat at that time.

If Cochran by some miracle happens to beat Ozzie on RI, to him it will be like he won Survivor. I'd love to see that just for the pure fun of it.

Sophie bugs me- not sure why, she just does.

Best line of the night (from Cochran to Jeff): "Talking with Brandon about strategy is like talking to you about shirts that are not the color blue". Even Jeff had a good chuckle over that. I hope he comes to TC in a red shirt next time...

I liked Cochran, but then I enjoy different. He was very articulate, I loved his analogy with Jeff and his blue shirts as well, hilarious. I was sorry to see him leave.Sophie bugs me( too much eye rolling)
    cablejockey likes this.

Cochran's "You owe me" speech didn't help him, but it didn't hurt him either. He had nothing to lose at that point, IMO. It didn't matter either way. Last Savaii standing. Voted out by the numbers. Survivor formula over and over again. Looking forward to next season.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think Cochran made one of the dumbest moves in Survivor history, ...
    If he had picked a purple rock (a very good chance) you would have said the same thing of his other move. Truth is he was done either way and likely to go 7th regardless of what he did. At least this way he had a chance and a hope that someone would do something to keep him in longer.

If there was no purple rock I'd agree with you but the fact that by sticking with his tribe he was giving himself a decent chance to go home himself or to be on the smaller tribe. Yes, the odds were in his favor but that's a lot to risk.
    march and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

I like Sophie, very much. I don't find her sullen at all. She is solid, smart and playing hard. She is putting out bush fires and measuring her position every minute. You can see her wheels turning.

Brandon is the one I have a difficult time tolerating. He appears unstable is a creepy way. And keep your faith to yourself; it is a personal journey. Enough. You too Coach.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-01-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL!! I was thinking the same thing.It would be way way too funny if Cochran beat Ozzy.Ozzy would never live that down
    I am hoping that the previews showing Ozzy saying Cochran has no chance at winning was major foreshadowing. I so want to see Cochran beat Ozzy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I like Sophie as well. I think she's playing a good game and thinking things through. she's good at challenges too.

I too would like to see Cochran beat Ozzy at RI. I don't care for Ozzy at all. After all of the crap Cochran has had to put up with from day one I'd like to see him win it all. Grant you the "you owe me" speach didn't help him, but he was destined to be the underdog. I will always root for the underdog.

I truly wish they would have blindsided Coach. He's such a tool. I hope I never have to see him on this show again. Enough already!

Brandon's an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like Sophie, very much. I don't find her sullen at all. She is solid, smart and playing hard. She is putting out bush fires and measuring her position every minute. You can see her wheels turning.
    I totally agree with you on this. Sophie does seem smart and thinks things through - and rather than going along with everything Coach or Albert says, she speaks her mind. She has done that several times....like last night she said that she had more loyalty to Edna than to Cochran. She could see through Cochran and even said that she could see why the Savaii tribe members got tired of him and his antics. And Sophie is good at the physical challenges as well, so I could see her winning the million dollars at the end. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Considering the fact that everyone but Edna voted for Cochran, I think that Coach went to Albert to verify what Cochran had said to him about Albert wanting to vote off Rick. Cochran was desperate, and Coach knew that turning on his own tribe at that time would be a mistake. They obviously left Edna out of the loop though. Cochran didn't help himself either by stating that he deserved to stay three more days. I hope that he loses to Ozzy at RI and has to join his tribe members at the Ponderosa.

Do they give the tribemates sunscreen at all? Cause I would be seriously worried about Cocrhan due to how white his skin is, and being in the tropical sun for a month.

Brandon is unstable and completely unable to handle the strategy part of this game. I wish he had never been cast. As much as he bugs me, I also am starting to feel sorry for him because I really think he spends all day, every day, struggling with right/wrong and black/white.

I still like Sophie. I agree with Longhornfan and Shoepie. She's constantly thinking but doesn't feel the need to go off on people or reveal all of her thoughts, which is rather refreshing this time around. I disliked Cochran's reference to the Manson "family" when he seemed to put himself in the shoes of Sharon Tate in relation to the family...I thought it was in very poor taste and another example of him talking, and talking, and TALKING in the hopes (I believe) of getting the "Survivor quote of the week." Normally I am all about the underdog, but he just bugs me too much to root for him. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in real life, but on the show, he's not a favourite of mine at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I truly wish they would have blindsided Coach.
    I think it goes to Jeff's comments that whoever was 7th, 6th, 5th and 4th should have turned on the likely F3. But I'll bet after Cochran and Edna everyone else thinks they are F3, thanks to Coach.

+ Reply to Thread