+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

Re: 11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

I don't like the way they acted with the chicken. It was obvious he was uncomfortable and Ozzy and Keith were macho jerks about the whole thing. But I also recognize that Cochran had a big part also in how they perceive him in this game, and he should own up to the repercussions of his game decisions. He did play the game right from the start. He seemed to get along great with Elyse when he was telling his story and she was swinging in the hammock. Then he plotted to get her voted out, and succeeded, because he thought it would weaken his rival, Ozzy. Good gameplay, but also comes with consequences. It's not like Cochran was the loyal sidekick who was blindsided and screwed over. He participated in the plotting and the backstabbing within his tribe. They were harsh with him at times, and stupidly so since it caused him to be taken in so completely by Coach's crap about right and wrong and honour and thus caused him to flip, but he has to own some of the blame, IMO.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Well, if you don't want a headless chicken running all over the camp, someone has to hold the body. I've seen that macabre sight and it's not pretty. Too bad city boy Cochran had to be the one to do it - but then, it was for Ozzy's amusement. He knew what would happen if he chopped off the head with no restraints. He should have wrung it's neck to kill it, then take care of the chopping. I'm just saying.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just finished watching this episode...finally a "filler" episode of Survivor that was interesting and not the same ol', same ol'.
    Anyway, here's my thoughts after reading all these posts.

I think Cochran is just following the plan he's had all along. He's been treated badly for the way he looks + his high intelligence for most of his life. He's smart enough to not let it get under his skin...I think he's using it for his own good. Like I've stated before, I can't strategize well so I don't try to figure out what his plan is.
    Just watching him, while Coach ponitificated about mythology, showed me, he's aware of what Coach is doing and he's just playing his part. At least, he remembered about the Zeus connection of eating children, although it was Zeus' father, Cronus who ate all his children, except hidden Zeus.

I also think Coach spent his time before this Survivor season studying human psychology to better his chances. He's always spouted off stuff but this time, he's playing differently...much more involved in people's emotions and how he can use that for his betterment.

I really suspected a bunch of baloney when Coach started quoting Nietzsche about "more arrogance, the less the wisdom" which cannot be found among his quotes. But we've all seen people who make such declarations in such a way that you assume they know what they're saying. Yep, Coach postures a lot. ( I studied Psychology also, Mr. Benjamin Coach and you're a lousy liar.)

I think Ozzy has behaved dispictably, esp with Cochran and the Chicken. Then let's throw in Coach's behavior with Mickayla and the pork fat. Such a child and quite a departure from the All-Loving Father figure he's been playing. A good father, as someone else pointed out, would maturely discuss the problem of taking too much sugar..it wasn't a situation that deserved punishment.

I didn't want to see Coach and Ozzy return this season but it sure has been an interesting one.

FORT Fogey

This had a lot of information that explained some things to me. And I also see how the edit creates a story in a much bigger way than I had considered.

It makes it clearer why Cochran defected. I bet there is a lot more footage of berating Cochran. The chicken was not an isolated incident.

Coach eating the fat to screw with Mikaela didn't bother me; I thought it amusing. Coach was understandabley irritated at her talking more than her share. He vented privately to Albert and then played with his anger. Let's not forget they are reduced to behave many ways in this situation where they would not otherwise. To me this was not a big deal and showed Coach to be more human than his edit.

Ozzy said a shelter was no big deal and led them to play on the first day at camp. Then piece meal sleeping huts were built by individuals who wanted them. I understood Coaches dissmay because they are clearly merged at that camp. Coach and his tribe had to build their own. All those eliminated must have been sleeping on the ground, as well.

It made sense as to why Keith was the first voted out at the merge too. They had to get a strong player out and he was in a couple which was double trouble.

Best filler show to date.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-25-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    SugarMama and sparklete like this.

I don't know. I think Coach talks out of both sides of his mouth. Perhaps it makes him more human, as suggested, but it also makes him a hypocrite IMO when he spouts off about playing with honour and then behaves less-than-honourably himself (at least in my eyes). Yes, his scene with Mikayla may have been funny to some, but it was unnecessary and childish and certainly didn't show us a wise "coach" benevolent father-figure, etc, it showed us a man being petty and not handling the situation as a mature person. He tells us what he is all about but shows us differently, and to me that is hypocritical. But, that's Coach and he's so far down the rabbit-hole he's not about to change.

Likewise, Ozzy's bathroom humour was stupid and childish and also unnecessary. It was typical locker-room stuff at the weakest male's expense. I don't excuse it any more than I excuse Coach's deliberately trying to make Mikayla vomit, which was also trying to prey on her at a very weak moment, IMO.
    spockwhat, mushybrain and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't know. I think Coach talks out of both sides of his mouth. Perhaps it makes him more human, as suggested, but it also makes him a hypocrite IMO when he spouts off about playing with honour and then behaves less-than-honourably himself (at least in my eyes). Yes, his scene with Mikayla may have been funny to some, but it was unnecessary and childish and certainly didn't show us a wise "coach" benevolent father-figure, etc, it showed us a man being petty and not handling the situation as a mature person.
    Yeah, I actually kind of like the goofball, but I found that scene repellent, though still not as bad as The Ozzy and the Chicken Show. That was one of the most mean-spirited things I have ever seen, though in all fairness I am a huge animal lover and would be absolutely horrified if someone did that to me.
    sweetpea likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yeah, I actually kind of like the goofball, but I found that scene repellent, though still not as bad as The Ozzy and the Chicken Show. That was one of the most mean-spirited things I have ever seen, though in all fairness I am a huge animal lover and would be absolutely horrified if someone did that to me.[
    Me too. I hate that 'locker room' humour and to include a poor animal like that was tasteless and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Me too. I hate that 'locker room' humour and to include a poor animal like that was tasteless and stupid.
    Actually, I should have said that I would be horrified if someone did that to me and to the poor chicken. I despise people who torment animals for the purpose of entertainment.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well, technically they were killing it for food, but I think there must have been a more humane way to do so.
    Can you imagine the vegetarian Kimmi from many seasons ago being there for that? Yikes.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yeah, I actually kind of like the goofball, but I found that scene repellent, though still not as bad as The Ozzy and the Chicken Show. That was one of the most mean-spirited things I have ever seen, though in all fairness I am a huge animal lover and would be absolutely horrified if someone did that to me.
    I found "Ozzy and the chicken Show" (lol) horrific too, and I wouldn't even really compare it to Coach's "Mikayla and the pig show". You're right, by comparison, the Mikayla show was tame.
    Coach's most horrific moment came earlier this season. Keeping in mind Coach is a pastor of a Christian church and constantly talks about honour... when he prayed with his tribe to find the idol that day, (knowing he had it in his pocket), and then produced it as an answer to his prayer... Coach was just as horrific in my mind. I found Coach to be absolutely disgusting in that moment.
    I wonder what Brandon thinks now that he knows the truth? Forget that, I wonder what his church thinks?? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast