+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

Re: 11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

I still don't get why Coach would care one whit where Ozzy or anyone else sleeps? Unless they were kicking him out of a plum spot, then let them sleep on the ground with the bugs! Just weird, how he seemed so incensed by the whole idea.

I *do* like Ozzy. Well, let me clarify...I like Ozzy v.1 from the first season. This one? Not that much. He's not the brightest bulb in the box, but he's so awesome at actual 'surviving' and in challenges that I enjoy watching him for that reason. He's not great at playing the game though.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    True - you can watch it at cbs.com also

Yeah, I read about the plane crash...at that time they didn't know the size of the plane or any details, just a lot of fire! any more news? How tragic!
    All I've been able to find so far is that it was a twin-engine plane and that there were multiple fatalities. It flew out of Falcon Field in Mesa, and was owned by an Arizona company.

Update: 3 adults and 3 children on board. Very sad.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 11-24-2011 at 12:15 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think Coach was upset that they didn't have a "real" shelter, like his group had. He didn't think Ozzy, the experienced one, had been a good leader, that Oz hadn't realized that not everyone had his beach bum experience in sand sleeping/tolerance of bugs, etc. I think it was meant to be that 3 people slept in each shelter, but K and W basically pushed Cochran out with their antics.
    I thought Coach's use of God to rein Brandon in was a great idea....use what works for that person... for someone else he might have said, think how this will look to your children or your parents. For Brandon, who is currently so into God and using God to restrain himself in other ways, it was a perfect fit (I say currently as apparently that wasn't the case in Brandon's past). Plus they share some kind of spiritual thing so it made sense to Brandon for Coach to invoke God's help in keeping Brandon's mouth shut at TC. I guess if you are religious yourself it might seem like taking God's name in vain (by Coach), but I think Brandon at least was quite sincere. He needs all the help he can get from any source... And if Coach isn't traditionally religious he does profess to believe in some higher power of some kind.
    Cochran gives great one on ones, and looks like he'd be amusing to have on your team.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Fair enough, SugarMama. I don't care for Coach (can you tell? ) so that is also colouring my view of the incident. I didn't think he behaved "honourably" there, but then again I think Coach cherry picks what 'Honour' means, depending on how it suits him.
    OMG!! You've TOTALLY nailed Coach! He cherry picks his honor and disregards that same honor on his conveniences! I was knocked out when he was behaving like that. And we all know good and well that if anyone did that to him he'd be spouting out his dragon breath all over the place!
    captain, sweetpea and Moontat like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    OMG!! You've TOTALLY nailed Coach! ...
    that if anyone did that to him he'd be spouting out his dragon breath all over the place!
    I feel I must defend Dragons . due to my name here.
    Coach is "The DragonSlayer" not a Dragon. And not a very sucessful one, at that!
    Every self-respecting Dragon does not like Coach....including me.
    No one cares to be slayed!
    sweetpea likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I thought BOTH Coach and Ozzy were kind of disgusting at times.

Coach, with his treatment of Mikayla... yes, he could have found a more mature way to handle his annoyance.

Ozzy, forcing Cochran to hold the bird. I'm sure everyone knows how much Cochran loves animals, and then to make Cochran hold it and then laugh because it looked 'sexual' is so stupid and childish and so OZZY. I'm learning to hate the guy pretty strongly.

Funny to me how people (and myself included) are saying I didn't like the Coach of two seasons ago, but I like him better now, or I did like Ozzy before, but less now.
    It occured to me that, essentially, they are the same people. Ozzy is still a guy who lives in his own little world and I don't think will ever figure out the social game. Coach has reined the idiocy in, but he's still the same idiot... he's always talked out of both sides of his mouth. Ozzy is guilty of the same by promising Coach final two, but lying through his teeth.
    sweetpea and sparklete like this.

Those are good points. The whole chicken thing was so ridiculous and childish on Ozzy's part. I too liked him a lot better on his first season. Now he just seems full of himself and takes it all too seriously, IMO. Coach on the other hand, I liked him much better during HvV and was completely charmed by him at Pondorosa. But I definitely believe he is the same idiot, and he's completely full of it. Would love to point out his hypocrisies to him, but those kinds of people always have a way to spinning things so they believe their own crap. I'll be glad when this season ends.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Those are good points. The whole chicken thing was so ridiculous and childish on Ozzy's part. I too liked him a lot better on his first season. Now he just seems full of himself and takes it all too seriously, IMO. Coach on the other hand, I liked him much better during HvV and was completely charmed by him at Pondorosa. But I definitely believe he is the same idiot, and he's completely full of it. Would love to point out his hypocrisies to him, but those kinds of people always have a way to spinning things so they believe their own crap. I'll be glad when this season ends.
    Despite all these things... or maybe partly because of them... I'm loving this season!
    sparklete likes this.

It's funny, because yes the tribe did blame Cochran later and were absolutely rude, but the footage of him with the tribe early on showed them really enjoying him. The girls, Whitney and Elyse, seemed to enjoy laughing with him and found his stories amusing. I realize I'm probably in the minority but I really didn't see terrible, horrifying behaviour on their part towards Cochran, at least at the beginning. And the stuff they said after he betrayed them, while over the top, I can understand because they were genuinely upset at the inevitable pagonging to follow.

And why was Coach so OTT irritated that Ozzy likes to sleep in the sand? Who the heck cares where people sleep? Ozzy wasn't demanding the best sleeping space, he was saying he didn't mind sleeping on the ground. Am I missing something here, that this put coach in a rage?
    I agree with you, sweetpea. I think that Cochran got along with the tribe members in the beginning, but once they started losing the challenges, they naturally started looking at who they perceived as the weakest in the challenges, and that was usually Cochran.

I did not understand either why Coach was so upset with Ozzy - in regards to where the Savaii tribe members ended up sleeping after the merge. Did they all go to Upolo's shelter once the tribes merged? To me Coach made it sound like Ozzy and the Savaii tribe never built a good shelter of their own and had been sleeping in the sand the whole time, but how would he know that? I just didn't get what Coach was trying to say.

Cochran pretty much confirmed the rumor about Keith and Whitney and what they had been "doing" on the show. YUCK!! No wonder Cochran had to move out of the shelter. And when exactly did she get her divorce? I bet that sure made her parents proud....not!!
    sweetpea likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Cochran felt left out of his tribe no matter how they treated him. I don't think it was THEIR fault for him feeling like odd man out. He didn't like being left behind with the women while the other guys went fishing but then he complained when they included him in killing the chicken. Honestly, I just don't see where Cochran got the idea that his tribe was being so mean to him.

He was plotting behind their backs trying to break up alliances between the stronger people in his tribe. When they came out, Cochran was treated differently but I can understand why! Who would want to trust him after that? I could understand his tribe shutting him out.
    babyfat101 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast