+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #51
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,558

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Coach was definitely doing some yoga moves. He mentioned the name of some poses, and I believe he said "Warrior" which was one of the poses in my yoga class. It was where he looked like he was doing a lunge and drawing back a bow. But, I bet he mixed yoga with his own form of Tai chi. He will probably be selling a dvd workout video after the show! LOL!

    But, all that aside, I have liked Coach better this season than any other season he has been on. And, Brandon - well that boy is just dumb as dirt, but has a good heart. He would be someone to take to the end because he will be completely faithful, but won't have the ability to make a good case for himself in front of the jury.
    JavaJo, Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

  2. #52
    FORT Fanatic Stump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    627

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think this season and last season are really good examples of why they shouldn't mix past survivors in with a largely new cast. It just gets boringly predictable.
    I think the unfortunate part is that bringing back former survivors increases viewship in the short run but in the long run it seems to be making the show less interesting. This seems to be an exact recap of last season. Except this time they were smart enough to keep their past survivor in the game.

  3. #53
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    He would be someone to take to the end because he will be completely faithful, but won't have the ability to make a good case for himself in front of the jury.
    I think this is Coach's plan, actually. He knows what a loose cannon Brandon is, and also knows he's pretty much an idiot. He also knows he's loyal and too stupid to pull a fast one and blindside Coach. He's alienated a lot of people there, so he's the perfect goat for the ftc.

  4. #54
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    You know, a lot has been said about Brandon being stupid, an idiot..... perhaps that's true, perhaps not.

    It is usually used in the context of Brandon's playing the game of Survivor ... a loose cannon, blurting things out, acting on his emotions at the moment... but that's not necessarily being an idiot or stupid. That could be interpreted as playing an honesty card unfamiliar to the game of Survivor, which in itself (if true) could be an intriguing strategy. Just something to consider.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  5. #55
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I'm sorry. I think my post about open hands in martial art forms wasn't very clear. I can understand why it would be disputed because I didn't explain it correctly.

    yes, in Tai Chi the hands are "open" as opposed to closed in a fist. Lots of martial art forms have open hands, not just fists. I meant his fingers were separated. When this happens the focus of power is difussed. The fingers should be close together (not counting the thumb). It is, as some corrected me, a grabbing, grasping, pulling, pushing and deflecting motion but done correctly the fingers should be close to each other. It is not just for self defense, or a complete-body exercise but also a fighting form.

    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I start typing and know what I mean in my head but didn't state it correctly. I must have sounded like a completely ignorant person.

  6. #56
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    You know, a lot has been said about Brandon being stupid, an idiot..... perhaps that's true, perhaps not.

    It is usually used in the context of Brandon's playing the game of Survivor ... a loose cannon, blurting things out, acting on his emotions at the moment... but that's not necessarily being an idiot or stupid. That could be interpreted as playing an honesty card unfamiliar to the game of Survivor, which in itself (if true) could be an intriguing strategy. Just something to consider.
    I think you are giving Brandon too much credit. He may be playing better than Edna and maybe Rick, but that's about it. But they are lucky that they have the majority, thanks to Cochran. I really think Brandon is clueless. Coach's strategy is to bring Edna and Cochran. Edna because she just rode his coattails and she really has no other strategy. Cochran because he is hated most by the jury. If i'm in the jury I would definitely not give the million to Edna. And if I am from Savaii, I would give my vote to Coach. Of course if I am from Upolu I will give my vote to Cochran. However the majority of the jury will be from Savaii, so in this case, Coach wins Survivor.

    If there was a chance to get rid of Coach, it was last night. I don't know why they didn't do it. Are these people becoming Coach's minions? Are we having Robfather part II? It's deja vu all over again.

    BTW, Ozzy played his HII. Didn't jeff put it back in the camp? Or maybe not because noone is looking for it.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-18-2011 at 04:04 AM.

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey Tribal Speak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    880

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I think you are giving Brandon too much credit. He may be playing better than Edna and maybe Rick, but that's about it. But they are lucky that they have the majority, thanks to Cochran. I really think Brandon is clueless. Coach's strategy is to bring Edna and Cochran. Edna because she just rode his coattails and she really has no other strategy. Cochran because he is hated most by the jury. If i'm in the jury I would definitely not give the million to Edna. And if I am from Savaii, I would give my vote to Coach. Of course if I am from Upolu I will give my vote to Cochran. However the majority of the jury will be from Savaii, so in this case, Coach wins Survivor.

    If there was a chance to get rid of Coach, it was last night. I don't know why they didn't do it. Are these people becoming Coach's minions? Are we having Robfather part II? It's deja vu all over again.

    BTW, Ozzy played his HII. Didn't jeff put it back in the camp? Or maybe not because noone is looking for it.
    Deja vu on this too. Same thing happened last season. An HII was played (I forget by who. Not Rob's. The other one.) and that was the last we heard of it.

  8. #58
    FORT Fogey lilcountriegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I suppose that's true, but they have shown them in the past, and I wish they would again. Surely they could cut some of the shots of Coach on the beach or Ozzy up a tree, because we've seen those shots multiple times now. We already know about their personalities. Let's see the personalities of some of the others. Cowboy can't be that quiet all the time. He must say or do something occasionally.
    I think with the new RI twist, they have less to edit into the show, so the extra curricular games/fun is edited out. With RI, they now have to take up so much more time with the challenge, the before challenge chat, the buff snuff, etc. Personally, I liked seeing more of the interactions at camp, you had a better idea of interpersonal relationships.
    sparklete likes this.

  9. #59
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,858

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    I think with the new RI twist, they have less to edit into the show, so the extra curricular games/fun is edited out. With RI, they now have to take up so much more time with the challenge, the before challenge chat, the buff snuff, etc. Personally, I liked seeing more of the interactions at camp, you had a better idea of interpersonal relationships.
    It also gave you a better idea of who each contestant was. I swear, last season it took me until the last weeks of the season to remember the names of those two girls who trotted after Rob, because they seemed to be exactly alike. It's more interesting if you have some idea of who everyone is and how they connect with everyone else.

    For me, the additional RI competitions aren't that interesting, because they're just another version of the reward and immunity challenges. It's like they've switched more to a plot-point based construction for the choice, and if you don't care about the people/characters on Survivor, it's harder to care who wins what.

  10. #60
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I think Albert and Sophie totally blew a great opportunity! Coach making his threat would have just pushed me to do it! Think about it, if they have enough to vote against Coach, they have enough to keep retaliation from being any more of an issue than staying on his side and letting him call the shots.
    sweetpea likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.