+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Whitney is wrong and there IS time yet to make a move... she's was just saying it because she wanted her butt saved.
    Albert and Sophie had two options. They could have broken loyalty at this point, but they would have risked ticking off the Upolu's who will also be on the jury. Or they can go the loyalty route, and attempt a move following the pagonging. I suspect that is what will happen next.
    I would never go to the final five with three Savaii's and only two Upolu's...
    I'm really hoping at this point that Rick, Sophie, Albert and Cochran make a move on Coach and his leeches.
    Even coach made the statement that Albert was either talking to the Savaii tribe members to pull off a "big move" or was trying to garner jury votes. So, I think that you are correct. Neither Albert nor Sophie felt like it was a good time to make a move against Coach. So, they better hope that Coach does not win the next immunity challenge - if they are considering a blindside next week. When is the last TC that Coach can use the HII?

Also, didn't Brandon ask Coach why their tribe was not allowed to talk to the Savaii tribe members until right before tribal council? I am thinking that Coach told Brandon that because he is such a loose cannon and tends to spill secrets at tribal council. They are probably keeping Brandon out of all of the strategizing and just telling him who to vote for.

I did think that it was odd that Brandon was rooting for Jim to win at RI. But, it was a no-brainer that Whitney was rooting for Keith, and no one was pulling for Ozzy. But who knows what goes on in Brandon's head?
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I did think that it was odd that Brandon was rooting for Jim to win at RI. But, it was a no-brainer that Whitney was rooting for Keith, and no one was pulling for Ozzy.
    I think it's a major tactical mistake to indicate who you support in a situation like that. So some may have been pulling for Ozzy but knew enough to keep their mouths shut.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this statement. Tai Chi uses more open hand techniques than not. Tai Chi is primarily a grappling art, not a striking art. Kung fu also uses open hand techniques to name another martial art that uses open hand.

Now, what Coach is doing is still a mystery to me
    There is a lot of dissention among practitioners of yoga. More fitness-based forms of yoga are very popular now, because people use them as a workout. It pisses off the purists, who think "yoga" should be more meditation-based. A combination of yoga and martial arts is not really that strange when you take that into account. The individual uses whatever form works best for them.

And frankly...better to engage in movement/meditation than to lay around, scratch your bug bites and bitch about how much you miss chocolate and your hair dryer. I'm pretty tired of watching Survivors do that.
    Rattus, sclilred1, JavaJo and 2 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Now that you mention it, doesn't it seem like Survivor contestants used to come up with better things to do with their time when they weren't actively involved in doing the necessary camp work or doing challenges? We don't even hear them having very many interesting conversations, and they must talk about something other than the game from time to time.

In earlier seasons, they talked, played cards, made up entire imaginary morning radio programs...now they sit around waiting for something to happen.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Albert and Cochran were playing chess or checkers with painted shells, so that is at least something.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Albert and Cochran were playing chess or checkers with painted shells, so that is at least something.
    Yes, that was pretty cool. And certainly better than bowling.

I think I'd be drawing with the sand, or making sand sculptures a lot.

FORT Fogey

I missed the chess/checkers thing. But the sandcastle idea is a good one--how come they don't do that? Heaven knows they have plenty of sand and water. You could actually draw a lot of simple game boards in the sand. Or play twenty questions. Make up songs. Race sand crabs. Anything to break the boredom for them and us.

Haven't people also used rocks, shells etc. to make jewelry before too?

How do we know they don't do those things? They all said last season that they would have long chats around the fire at night....even though we were led to believe that Rob forbid his tribe from mingling with the other tribe. I'm sure they do fun stuf but it's going to get edited out because there isn't enough time to show us everything.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I suppose that's true, but they have shown them in the past, and I wish they would again. Surely they could cut some of the shots of Coach on the beach or Ozzy up a tree, because we've seen those shots multiple times now. We already know about their personalities. Let's see the personalities of some of the others. Cowboy can't be that quiet all the time. He must say or do something occasionally.
    sweetpea and Tribal Speak like this.

Last season Rob organized a beach bowling day, if I recall correctly. Of course, it was all an excuse to look for and find the HII

I'm sure there is a LOT of stuff they do that we don't see. Didn't Rick give Sophie a big hug after her win? I seem to recall that, so they must feel relatively close to him. I wonder if maybe he just doesn't give good sound bytes and isn't all that much of a character to be shown very much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast