+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Which is why Rob won and I highly doubt Ozzy has a chance. Rob was great at challenges but he also knew how to play the game socially and strategically. Ozzy can do all the physical things but he often seems baffled or even bored by the social aspect. He seems so much more comfortable on his own at RI. I bet if the show paid him to just hang there, like the RI coach of the show, he'd do it happily and the million be damned.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Say what you will about Whitney and her personal life, her assessment of the players on the other tribe was bang on. Coach, you ARE the leader (excuse me, the "Don") of the tribe. GMAB saying you're not the one calling the shots. Rick indeed is not playing the game. Edna does indeed have her head so far up Coach's behind she's a complete hanger-on, and Brandon is totally unstable. She may be a lot of things, but Whitney got it all right in my eyes.

Oh I had wished so badly for things to be shaken up, but alas, it's going the way it did last year. I'll be totally honest, last season I loved it because BRob is my favourite Survivor ever. This season, I'll agree Coach is playing the game hard and he's definitely learned a thing or two from his previous attempts, but I still don't like him or his smug smirk. I totally understand now the people who felt the same way about Rob last time. It just grates.
    Hey! Maybe that's who Brandon meant when he voted for "Don". He DID try to turn the game around.
    sweetpea and Hyper like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh, and as much as I love Ozzy for his physical abilities, I wish he'd swim, climb trees, and NOT TALK.
    Yep, he reminds me of the Tarzan story....he's at his best living in the wild, all by himself because he surely has no social skills whatsoever. As previously noted here, Survivor challenges are far less about just physical abilities than it used to be...and rightly so.

Not sure what the editors are doing with the Ozzy-is-the-God-of-the-jungle storyline.
    Thank you. I've been talking about his God-complex for awhile now and how extremely annoying I find it. I appreciate that I'm not the only one.

Did anyone else simultaneously laugh hysterically and groan out loud at the sight of Cochran doing Coach's brand of tai chi? I laughed as well when Cochran said he was merely sipping at the Coach Koolaid.
    I'm not sure what the heck Coach is doing on the beach. It's not Tai Chi, nor yoga nor any kata in martial arts. I know I say this a lot but it's really annoying. You would never have an open hand in any martial art forms, and Tai Chi is a form of martial arts but used mostly for exercising the entire body if done correctly.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 11-17-2011 at 02:44 AM.
    sweetpea likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Whitney is wrong and there IS time yet to make a move... she's was just saying it because she wanted her butt saved.
    Albert and Sophie had two options. They could have broken loyalty at this point, but they would have risked ticking off the Upolu's who will also be on the jury. Or they can go the loyalty route, and attempt a move following the pagonging. I suspect that is what will happen next.
    I would never go to the final five with three Savaii's and only two Upolu's...
    I'm really hoping at this point that Rick, Sophie, Albert and Cochran make a move on Coach and his leeches.
    sweetpea likes this.

All I want to see next week is Dawn or Whitney, do not care which one, beat Ozzy in competition and he is off my screen for good. Are TPTB going to continue to bring back old/used up survivor contestants until each one wins.....sure seems that way. I do not want to see any more "reality" shows bringing back or swapping shows with former contestants. Bring back the newness to the games.
    Tribal Speak likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Yep, he reminds me of the Tarzan story....he's at his best living in the wild, all by himself because he surely has no social skills whatsoever. As previously noted here, Survivor challenges are far less about just physical abilities than it used to be...and rightly so.

Thank you. I've been talking about his God-complex for awhile now and how extremely annoying I find it. I appreciate that I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure what the heck Coach is doing on the beach. It's not Tai Chi, nor yoga nor any kata in martial arts
    . I know I say this a lot but it's really annoying. You would never have an open hand in any martial art forms, and Tai Chi is a form of martial arts but used mostly for exercising the entire body if done correctly.
    The first time Coach was on Survivor he mentioned that when he was in Nepal or was that the Himalayas, that he stayed at a monastery and the monks taught him this special type of meditation and that is what he is practicing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FYI tidbit, enjoy:

Jeff Probst on episode 10 of 'Survivor: South Pacific' | Inside TV | EW.com

Speaking of the instant immunity challenge, when you asked those trivia questions, were those things that were covered in the pre-game Survivor school info packet that the contestants get? Should future Survivor contestants make sure to pay extra attention to that info in the future? Or were they just random facts?

Yes, they were from the one day Survivor school that we put them through and the pamphlet they receive on local culture, plants and animals. People rarely read through them, but then again it’s also a rarity when someone practices making fire, so no big surprise! It’s human nature to believe “all will be fine.”

Another behind-the-scenes question for you. We’ve hardly heard a word from Rick — at least I think his name is Rick — all season, which mirrors some other recent invisible contestants like Purple Kelly (Nicaragua) and Brett (Samoa). This got me wondering: When you have contestants that clearly aren’t great at narrating the story or providing entertaining sound bites, do you guys at some point during filming start pulling them out less frequently for interviews, knowing the likelihood of them providing something usable is so miniscule? Do good talkers have more frequent or longer interview sessions? Or is that something that all comes together in editing?

Good question. We tend to interview everybody and ask the same questions regardless of how good they are at interviewing/storytelling. We have to do it to maintain a sense of fairness, otherwise contestants might figure out who is calling the shots if we only focused on a few. Plus, we do need everybody to share their point of view, even though we may only occasionally use it. But in editing it’s a different story. The best storytellers get the most time. Period. That’s why you hear from guys like Boston Rob and Coach so often. They’re fantastic storytellers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm not sure what the heck Coach is doing on the beach. It's not Tai Chi, nor yoga nor any kata in martial arts. I know I say this a lot but it's really annoying. You would never have an open hand in any martial art forms, and Tai Chi is a form of martial arts but used mostly for exercising the entire body if done correctly.
    I respectfully disagree with this statement. Tai Chi uses more open hand techniques than not. Tai Chi is primarily a grappling art, not a striking art. Kung fu also uses open hand techniques to name another martial art that uses open hand.

Now, what Coach is doing is still a mystery to me

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this statement. Tai Chi uses more open hand techniques than not. Tai Chi is primarily a grappling art, not a striking art. Kung fu also uses open hand techniques to name another martial art that uses open hand.
    I know nothing about martial arts, but I do see a number of groups doing tai chi on my way to work in the morning, and I do see a lot of open hand technique (I watch what they're doing because I'm interested in trying it). They are all Asian, so I will assume that they know what they're doing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Yes, they were from the one day Survivor school that we put them through and the pamphlet they receive on local culture, plants and animals. People rarely read through them”
    Cochran should have known to go through all those materials. And he made a stupid guess on the question he lost, overthinking it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast