+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 11/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

first of all, I think Brandon is as dumb as a rock and he continues to prove that when he pontificates at TC. I could sort of see his point but it wasn't something to really get upset about. Dawn looked pathetic at the challenge, telling the others that she was staying as long as she could just so they could eat for a long time. Yeah, that was the reason she tried hard.

I think Whitney had a thing for Keith and that's why she really told off Cochran. A while ago, I posted that a good friend of mine is friends w/Dawn's mom. Dawn had told her mother that there was a lot of hanky-panky going on at night that no one watching would have suspected and I mean, REAL hanky panky.
    Knowing that and the vehemence she showed in her words to Cochran tells me something else.

Sometimes I think Dawn should have stuck with Cochran because of their original alliance with each other and then I remember, this is a game and loyalty doesn't always play a part in winning. She needs to do what she thinks will help her win.

I so dislike Ozzy this season. The ego on that man has grown immensely. He's extremely good at many things here but I still see the God-like personna.
    And I'm totally confused about the rules of RI. When Ozzy beat Christine at RI, how come he got to go back to the tribe? I know they then merged and supposedly that's the reason why he returned??? I still smell a rat, when it comes to Ozzy and TPTB.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Whitney had a thing for Keith and that's why she really told off Cochran. A while ago, I posted that a good friend of mine is friends w/Dawn's mom. Dawn had told her mother that there was a lot of hanky-panky going on at night that no one watching would have suspected and I mean, REAL hanky panky.
    Knowing that and the vehemence she showed in her words to Cochran tells me something else.
    Interesting article online regarding Whitney and Keith. If this is true, it kind of makes me want to get in HER face and say, "You disgust me."

==========

Oh, resumes and their pesky details. How easy it is to say you worked at a company for five years instead of three, or to call yourself single instead of married...

Wait, what?

"Survivor: South Pacific "castaway Whitney Duncan — whose show bio lists her as single and who certainly acted available for a romantic alliance with Keith Tollefson before he was sent to Redemption Island — actually got married before she left to tape the hit CBS show, People reported Friday.

So, who's the other guy, (meaning, her husband)?

A source close to musician Donny Fallgatter tells People that Duncan and Fallgatter met in June 2010 at the CMA Music Festival in Nashville, and they announced their engagement to friends and family before Duncan left to shoot "Survivor" this past May.

"Donny was totally faithful while she was gone," a friend of Fallgatter's told the magazine. "He even went to help out at her parents' house in west Tennessee a couple times."

Only after Fallgatter got a call from Duncan informing him that she was in a relationship with Tollefson did he tell people that they had been married since last summer, the friend said.

Since returning to the United States, Duncan and Tollefson have been spotted together in Nashville.

"Nice rainy day in Nashville...wish I could lay on the couch &watch movies all day w my bf...too busy for that tho have a great day!" Duncan tweeted on Nov. 3, while on Nov. 5 she wrote, "After I burnt the slice n bake cookies, my bf kicked me out of the kitchen &took over the next batch. He's such a 'bully'. Ha."

Meanwhile, the tribe hasn't spoken yet about what really went on with Fallgatter, what Tollefson knew and what Duncan's current status is: married, single or none of the above.

I feel validated in not liking Whitney or maybe it was just "gameplay"
    AZChristian likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

So how can she say she wasted 6 weeks of her life on Survivor when she was actually road testing her new boyfriend?
    Brooks, spockwhat and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    So how can she say she wasted 6 weeks of her life on Survivor when she was actually road testing her new boyfriend?
    Did he pass? Apparently she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think in a way it was. She said at the challenge that she was going to stay in as long as possible so they could eat (Brandon took this as sincere.) At tribal she said if she were in their shoes she would have never sat out the challenge. On one hand, she says it's fine to eat, go ahead, and then she says it's not for people in that position. So it's on the road to contradictory.

I tire of contestants saying, "I would have done this if I was in their position, I would have done that..." I feel like it makes the person lose some credibility. Brandon bullied Mikayla... his tribe 'allowed' it. I'm glad they are nice with Cochran, but it does feel like a lie.
    And Dawn can say she wouldn't have eaten at that immunity, but with seven people strong and no chance of getting voted out? Well, I think she would have eaten. lol
    During the challenge she said she would stay on as long as she could so those who had made the choice to eat could keep eating. I thought at TC she said "although I don't know if I would have eaten" ... and she kept saying it would have been hard for her, indicating that to eat would not necessarily have been her choice.

I think what Brandon reacted to was that during the challenge Dawn was coming off as nice and supportive of their choice to eat ... yet at Tribal she was subtly suggesting that she was either too nice to eat ... or signalling that it might not be wise to assume your safe enough to eat instead of compete.

I just didn't see that as contradictory ... more in the realm of backhanded and manipulative.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

And also let's remember, Brandon has a habit of going off about something at TC when he thinks it's a criticism directed towards him, or when he sees a wrong he feels compelled to right. He has no poker face whatsoever, and pretty much all you would need to do to get him to spill is to agitate him at TC.

I hated what Dawn said both at the challenge and then later at TC. Not that she said it maybe wouldn't have been her choice to eat and it was hard to watch, because she had to participate, because I believe that statement was close to the truth. No, I was ticked off at her blatant suck up during the challenge ("Oh, don't worry about little old me, I'll just fight for my life here and try my best to stay in long enough for all of you to fill your bellies as you watch! *smooches*") and then her backing down at the TC when Brandon went off on her ("Oh, it was just a misunderstanding! I apologize! I apologize!") Just once I'd love to have someone finally have enough and tell Brandon to shut it and stop APOLOGIZING to the little toad!!

Honestly, I almost can't wait until this tribe has to eat it's own. I want Sophie to finally lay it down with Brandon, because I would be a large sum of money that she's barely putting up with him from day to day. Coach at least has his moments where he is sane, lucid, charming even. I think Brandon lives in a strange world of his own making, and I don't think I could stand having to tiptoe around not knowing if it was his crazy day or not.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 11-13-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks for posting that article, AZChristian, about Whitney and Keith.
    I honestly hadn't heard anything about the two of them, not even while they were playing the game. It was her tirade against Cochran, that held too much vengence in it to be just about him turning against his tribe. She was mad cause her man was gone!
    When I saw her berating him, I remembered Dawn's mother's tales to my friend.
    AZChristian likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Echo226 and sweetpea, I think you're right, and I think what really got Brandon going was Dawn suggesting she was a better person than him. I was reading elsewhere and someone mentioned that if there is anything Brandon can't take... it's someone else's possible ethical superiority. lol He went off more because his 'goodness' was on the line, more than the actual "contradiction" Dawn was making.
    I think Dawn really realized where she stands with Upolu now that this tribal council has happened. Albert wanting her gone may not have got her voted out but it did make the tribe take notice of her. Good for Albert.

Whitney is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Echo226 and sweetpea, I think you're right, and I think what really got Brandon going was Dawn suggesting she was a better person than him. I was reading elsewhere and someone mentioned that if there is anything Brandon can't take... it's someone else's possible ethical superiority. lol He went off more because his 'goodness' was on the line, more than the actual "contradiction" Dawn was making.
    I think Dawn really realized where she stands with Upolu now that this tribal council has happened. Albert wanting her gone may not have got her voted out but it did make the tribe take notice of her. Good for Albert.

Whitney is disgusting.
    Don't you just love it when the good looking, good at physical challenges and in a strong alliance person who looks down on the less physically gifted people in their tribe and who screamed tribe loyalty over all else has such high moral (double) standards.

I can just see in now at the show reunion when Jeff asks her about her hookup and both Keith and Whitney use the LOVE word to excuse their behavior. Hopefully at that point they both get royally booed. A few rotten tomatoes throw in their direction would help too.

Oh, I just remembered she is a "good person".
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-13-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    AZChristian, jucamer and sparklete like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread