+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 11/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I did not understand Brandon's comment about his tribe being excluded. Excluded from what? They have been on opposing teams. Neither side really merged together as one. There has always been 2 separate teams. This would have been an ideal opportunity for Albert and Sophie to switch things up and have blindsided Coach, not Cochran. That is where Jim screwed up. Cochran is no threat to Albert or Sophie so why would they switch to vote him out.
    I don't think Brandon meant "excluded" per se, but perhaps meant right after the merge and also when Savaii seemed to have the edge due to the double immunity. Brandon may have seen it all as Cochran "including" them (Upolu) ... while the rest of Savaii excluded them ? Brandon always tries to sound intelligent and one of the reasons his TC talk is frequently included is because he has an apparent cognizant deficit and most of what he says is odd. For example, Brandon said what Dawn said at TC about the eating was contradictory to what she said at the challenge, and it absolutely was not.

As an aside, this season they are really trying to show some contrasts in personalities and also the way the repeaters are playing the game this time around.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Newbie

Wasnt Jim the one that orchestrated the move to get rid of Elise and save Cochran? Karma's a bitch isnt it Jim?

Cochran is supposed to be some smart Harvard guy - but his play was pretty stupid. If they draw rocks he has only a 10% chance of going home - And even if his one of his tribe does pull the rock he probably goes out 7th from the end because hes not a threat in challenges. Now he will go out 7th and he is despised by his tribe. But if they draw rocks and the other tribe member goes home - Cochran is respected by his tribe and finishes at worst 6th from the end, and possibly wins it.

Why would you do something that would give you a 10% chance of going home that day when you can make a move that would give you a 0% chance of going home that day? As for Cochrane getting any kind of respect if he had drawn a rock - Never going to happen. They would have dropped him like a hot potato at the first chance they would have gotten.

I tend to believe that both tribes would drop Cochran like a hot potato when they were done using him for whatever vote they needed him for. He doesn't seem to have developed any really close ties in the game. The closest is Dawn I suppose and even she didn't defect with him and cautioned him to really think it through before he jumped. I wonder what happened to his 'secret' alliance with Jim and Dawn that orchestrated the Elyse vote out? It seemed he and Jim were in cahoots and I fully expected that alliance to last, as Jim seemed to dislike Ozzy. Suddenly, Jim is aligned with Ozzy and Keith and Cochran is on the outs with everyone on the tribe (rightly or wrongly, perceived or real, I think we've beaten that horse to death so regardless of whether it was born out of reality, completely in Cochran's admittedly paranoid mind, or a combination of the two, it's moot at this point in the game). I just wonder why that alliance died. Did Jim suddenly turn on Cochran or was it a one-time only arrangement? Was there ever a conversation between them where either one tried to keep the alliance strong? We never saw it, did we?

Say what you will about how Coach is running things, but I don't believe for a minute that their sudden inclusion of Cochran into their ranks indicates they truly accept him or are his real friends. They are using him like the other tribe did, only they are smart enough to deceive him into thinking the opposite, IMO. They know when to bite their tongues. I think if Cochran had been on Coach's team from the start, and had been a big part of why they lost the Immunity Challenges through physical weakness or what have you, he would have been treated just like Mikayla was when she didn't listen to Coach and cost them a loss.

Then again, Edna has done squat for them in challenges but she's still there because she's a good little soldier.

FORT Newbie

Why would you do something that would give you a 10% chance of going home that day when you can make a move that would give you a 0% chance of going home that day? As for Cochrane getting any kind of respect if he had drawn a rock - Never going to happen. They would have dropped him like a hot potato at the first chance they would have gotten.

90% chance of staying and possibly winning it all? - or 100% chance of staying, being despised by my tribe and finishing no better than 7th to the end. I'd take the 90%
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-11-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ... I just wonder why that alliance died. Did Jim suddenly turn on Cochran or was it a one-time only arrangement? Was there ever a conversation between them where either one tried to keep the alliance strong? We never saw it, did we? ...
    nope - There is so much we do NOT see, and it leaves holes like the ones we've mentioned lately. Give us another hour, Burnette!

To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    though yes, we did have that one guy in Thailand try to choke Clay
    Robb. He was a scary man. I am surprised they kept him in the game.

I think Cochran was right in flipping. He wanted control of his own game, whether or not he leaves next. Good for him. I am glad he didn't fight back when people were saying mean things to him. If he makes it to the final two, people will remember him talking back but not so much what was said to him first. Bitter Betties are always on the jury.
    march, AZChristian and SugarMama like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    The Upolo banquet was one of those funny survivor moments, especially the rick icing beard and Brandon's sugar blowout. I think Coach ate food because he didnt want to be the person who was left out...as the unofficial leader.
    My absolute favorite bit during the show was when Jeff interrupted his narration of the immunity challenge to ask Coach if he still wanted to be competing. The way Coach just snickered after not being able to come up with a one-liner and then Jeff's response of "Yeah, that's what I thought" was just hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post

90% chance of staying and possibly winning it all? - or 100% chance of staying, being despised by my tribe and finishing no better than 7th to the end. I'd take the 90%
    But you are assuming that Cochran will be voted out 7th to the end based on that decision? That is a possibility it is not predetermined.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Cochran will make it to F3. This is assuming a jury of 9. Albert and Sophie will want him next to them.

Regarding the timing of the returning player....unless they are changing it from last season, not sure that's going to happen anytime soon. Was it not until late that Andrea returned last season? I seem to remember her still being there as late as F5. Just don't remember how soon they had 3 at RI.

Longhorn - I think you have the tribes mixed up. It is Savaii that are down to 2. Upolu is the tribe with the numbers + Cochran.

Happy viewing everyone! Cheers.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 11-11-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Grammar

+ Reply to Thread