+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think the Ozzy move would have been ok if he didnt overact his bitterness and had more social tact with Cochran. To add to this he gave the idol to Whitney instead of the 2nd strongest Keith. Ozzy once again proved why hes not smart enough to win survivor.

Coach ups his game yet again, he was really quite understanding with cochran which was nice to see. Dawn may have cried about him but at the end of the day not telling the rest of them may come back to bite her.
    Brandon's little Coachesque hug to Cochran was very telling of the stronghold of the Upolo bonds.

I wonder whats going to happen to that idol.......
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

What bugs me the most about Cochran and the 'bullying' claim is that he has, from day one, been the first to proclaim his 'weakness' and his 'nerdiness.' He spent the first few days apologizing to his team for being so weak and useless and promising to get better. His view of himself as pasty and incapable and socially awkward is how he presented himself to the tribe. When he did in fact become the reason they lost more than one immunity challenge (at least that's what we've been shown) then yes, people were mad at him or really irritated with him and they showed it. I'm not saying they were right to berate him to his face, and heaven knows I didn't like Keith so good riddance, but honestly Cochran you facilitated their treatment of you by the way you treated yourself. And yet, through all that Cochran was indeed part of the big move to take out Elise. Jim and he seemed like a tight duo who had Dawn in their pocket as well. I really think Cochran had room to move within his own tribe. If he had given his tribe the numbers advantage, he must have realized there is no way Jim would allow Ozzy anywhere near the F3 especially after Rob's win last season. Jim would have turned on Ozzy and Keith in a heartbeat, and Cochran could have been there as the perfect F3 goat to take along. Then use your incredible intelligence to sway the jury and get the votes.

I understand not liking the odds of the PROD but I really believe Cochran didn't use his head with that vote. Sure, it guaranteed him 3 more days but I can't see him making it to the end at all. Before I could see a path if he stopped focusing on the 'poor me' long enough to secure his bond with Dawn and then work on Jim to form a solid F3 alliance.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Annnd of course, Ozzy the wonder boy wins immunity. Sigh.
    You just don't realize how hard I was rooting for Albert to win because I wanted Ozzy to realize that he's not the only guy who can win individual challenges.
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

For all of Cochran and Dawn's talk about how badly he was treated, I think he was treated pretty good by them! I certainly would have been nastier to him than they were. He cost them the win on several challenges but still felt entitled to stay in the game. His tribe offered him a chance to redeem himself by going to Redemption Island and knocking Christine out of the game but he balked at doing it. His tribe included him in their plans and treated him well even after the merge until he stabbed them in the back at Tribal Council. Does he really expect his tribe to have positive feelings toward him after all the turmoil he's caused?

I was pleasantly surprised that Cochran gave the immunity idol back to Ozzy after he returned from Redemption. I figured Ozzy was never going to see it again. I kind of think Cochran gave it back knowing he was going to flip on his tribe. He did one last good deed for them to assuage his guilt before turning on them. Or maybe he knew lunkhead Ozzy would lose the idol in short order and just wanted to get it out of play.

I think Cochran flipped for the simple reason that he wanted control of his own destiny, rather than leaving it to the chance of picking the wrong rock. He talked about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    I think Cochran flipped for the simple reason that he wanted control of his own destiny, rather than leaving it to the chance of picking the wrong rock. He talked about that.
    That's why Jim called him a coward. Cochran said he felt left out, but it appears he ultimately abandoned his tribe because, as he stated a few times, he was scared to pull a rock. Had it not been fear driving his intentions, he would have voted for Keith at the first vote.

But Cochran didn't think things through clearly. He let his fear and some hurt feelings cloud his judgment. The probability is that he actually bought himself less time in the game since he went from 6th position in his tribe to 7th position on Upolu. Had he been the strategic genius he claims to be, he would have become a double double agent. He could have told Savaii that he told Upolu they were giving the II to Whitney, and then Savaii could have simply given it to Keith (the bigger threat), and Rick would have gone on the first vote. This would have eliminated Cochran's fear of rocks.

Now certainly, we have the benefit of hindsight, so it is possible Upolu could have targeted Jim, but it would have been a good bet for Savaii to give it to Keith because he was more of a threat.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

I think it's hard to figure out positions within the tribe once the tribes merge. People may seem loyal to their original tribes, but if someone starts looking like too much of a threat to win a bunch of individual immunities and/or is popular enough to sway the jury, they may start feeling like it's in the best interest of their individual games to get rid of him/her. Last season's Rob worship was unusual. I don't think anyone this season is really going to want to go in front of the jury with someone like Ozzie or Coach or anyone else who can make a claim to having done well at any particular aspect of the game or any combination of those aspects.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    That's why Jim called him a coward. Cochran said he felt left out, but it appears he ultimately abandoned his tribe because, as he stated a few times, he was scared to pull a rock. Had it not been fear driving his intentions, he would have voted for Keith at the first vote.

But Cochran didn't think things through clearly. He let his fear and some hurt feelings cloud his judgment. The probability is that he actually bought himself less time in the game since he went from 6th position in his tribe to 7th position on Upolu. Had he been the strategic genius he claims to be, he would have become a double double agent. He could have told Savaii that he told Upolu they were giving the II to Whitney, and then Savaii could have simply given it to Keith (the bigger threat), and Rick would have gone on the first vote. This would have eliminated Cochran's fear of rocks.

Now certainly, we have the benefit of hindsight, so it is possible Upolu could have targeted Jim, but it would have been a good bet for Savaii to give it to Keith because he was more of a threat.
    I totally agree with you that had Cochran played a double agent for his own tribe, his tribe would have eliminated one of Upolo's tribe members. That was the perfect time to do that since Ozzy and Dawn had won immunity. And I must agree with the above poster when questioning why the Savaii tribe did not decide to take out either Coach or Albert right then and there. I wish that we could have heard a little more of the discussions so that I see what was behind their thinking on that one. That really didn't make sense to me either. Cochran did tell Upolo that Rick's name was going to be written down and Ozzy would probably play the HII to save Whitney. So, Upolo had a good idea what to expect, and if Rick's name had not been written down, then Cochran would have been exposed.

What happened was Ozzy and the rest of the tribe (except Dawn) felt like they could trust Cochran a little too much. It would have been a smart move on their part if at the very last minute someone on Savaii had thought the whole thing through a little better and decided to vote out Coach or Albert - but waited until right before the vote to tell Cochran that they had changed their plan. This would have been like a blindside as well as a test of Cochran's loyalty. If the Upolo tribe had all written down Whitney's name, then Savaii would have known that Cochran ratted them out.

The edit that Cochran is getting definitely is showing him as whiny and very thin-skinned (both literally and metaphorically). After all, a large part of competing on Survivor depends upon both physical strength and endurance, and let's be frank here....Cochran doesn't seem to have either. Cochran, being such a fan of the show, knew coming in that he had a huge disadvantage in that category. He knew from the beginning that he was the weak link in the challenges but hoped to use his brain to "outwit" them. I guess we will see how this decision works out for him. It might ultimately take him a little further in the game, but if the jury is made up of members of the Savaii tribe that he just stabbed in the back, well, it isn't likely that he will win any of their votes - except Dawn if she is on the jury.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    Who in the right mind wants to go home, simply by picking a rock.I would hate that to happen to any of them. Clearly the only one really thinking was Cochran.I say good for him, it took guts to do that.Dawn should make up her mind

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Who in the right mind wants to go home, simply by picking a rock.I would hate that to happen to any of them. Clearly the only one really thinking was Cochran.I say good for him, it took guts to do that.Dawn should make up her mind
    I agree with you, Fanny Mare I wouldn't want to see any of them pick a rock to go home. At the same if that did happen it would have changed the shift of the game as well. When the tribes merge, I hate seeing one tribe picking off another, I like seeing both tribes having secret alliances so I didn't mind Cochran flipping because he flipped. Dawn should have either flipped or told her tribe. I don't know why Jim calls Cochran a coward because what he did took balls. I actually found it sweet when Brendon stuck up for Cochran.
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread