+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Can someone please remind me what was supposed to be accomplished by Ozzy's big sacrifice? He pretended to be mad at his tribe for voting him off, then he beat Christine & they all cheered wildly & there was zero pretense of him being the victim of a Cochran-inspired blindside. So he blew any opportunity of winning over anyone from Upolo. Had Ozzy not felt the need to paint himself a hero, Cochran would have gone to Redemption, likely lost, & Savaii would have easily scooped up Christine (who made no secret of her distaste for her old tribe). And this was supposed to be the smartest Survivor move ever?
    justCoz and babyfat101 like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree, AJane. It was a stupid move through and through. He over played his hand at the RI challenge. He should have just said "I am surprised to be here, Jeff, what what can I do but try to win and get back in the game." Instead he went ON and ON and nobody believed him. Stupid. Plus I didn't really see the need to paint the whole picture for Christine. If he won, she was gone for good so who cared?
    MamaAmyG and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Further thoughts: Honestly, Cochran admitted he's playing this game emotionally, which pretty much guarantees he is not going to win, I believe. What happened to his Jim/Dawn sub alliance? Why not stick with them, get the numbers, and then try to pull over someone from Coach's team? Then when Ozzy doesn't win immunity, take him or Keith out? I understand why he flipped but sometimes I think people who think they are making the 'big move' on this show don't really think about how it is going to play out long term. Somehow I thought Cochran as such a big fan of the game, would be smarter than that.
    I think the thing that is being forgotten was if Cochran had stuck with the original tribe there was a 37.5% chance the plan would have failed and a 12.5% chance Cochran would have gone home. His old tribe was favored but they were still not that great of odds. Emotions and the chance to, for the first time in the game, have some control over his destiny I'm sure helped make the choice but I can't say it was about emotions or wanting to make the big move.

I think there's going to be problems in the future because his move didn't fit his personality and he is as bad at being the bad guy as Ozzie is at being an actor.

I think I missed something tonight....why were they so sure the other tribe would vote out Whitney? I never did understand that. I would think they'd reason that they would try to vote out one of the strong men, not a weaker member. After all, they are playing for individual immunity now. Having a big, strong guy to compete against is not in anyone's best interest.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Can someone please remind me what was supposed to be accomplished by Ozzy's big sacrifice? He pretended to be mad at his tribe for voting him off, then he beat Christine & they all cheered wildly & there was zero pretense of him being the victim of a Cochran-inspired blindside. So he blew any opportunity of winning over anyone from Upolo. Had Ozzy not felt the need to paint himself a hero, Cochran would have gone to Redemption, likely lost, & Savaii would have easily scooped up Christine (who made no secret of her distaste for her old tribe). And this was supposed to be the smartest Survivor move ever?
    He claimed that the entire tribe except Cochran was with him. So essentially it was just Cochrane who voted him out. Either way, he went way over the top. Had he played it off as a "good move", I bet that they would have bought it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think I missed something tonight....why were they so sure the other tribe would vote out Whitney? I never did understand that. I would think they'd reason that they would try to vote out one of the strong men, not a weaker member. After all, they are playing for individual immunity now. Having a big, strong guy to compete against is not in anyone's best interest.
    Their reasoning (which is beyond stupid) was that the other tribe would expect them to give the hidden idol to a strong male, so they'd probably vote Whitney. If they had even half a brain, they should have atleast considered Cochran flipping since he was hanging out with them so much. regardless of the fact that he was apparently collecting intel.

The moment that he came back and stated that Coach's crew werent telling him the person they're voting for, they should have switched it to one of the guys. I for sure would have protected the most physical threat outside of Ozzy.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Whoa... calling Cochran a "coward" -- I think he was pretty brave to do that! Makes me support him more.

That "bunch" - aka, his tribe - would've voted him (Cochran) out in a heartbeat!!!!!!! Way to go Cochran!
    Well said.I agree 100%

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I find I'm really not looking forward to next week in some ways... on one hand, I want to see how this plays out. On the other, I'm not really looking forward to Cochran being berated by Savaii over and over and over. It's going to be ugly. Cochran really shouldn't bother trying to explain why he switched, it's not going to make a difference at this point anyways.
    And Coach is going to be soooo smug. *shudders*
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy....how can you be so great at physical challenges and so clueless at strategy. Haven't you learned anything from your past seasons of Survivor???

I knew right away he had blown his cover at Redemption Island when he started in on a long tirade toward Cochran. In past challenges when he lost or got frustrated, he might run around and punch things or say a few disconnected words but he was never as loquacious as he was last night. He seriously oversold his performance so I'm not surprised the other tribe saw right through it. Ozzy, hun, you're no actor.

My new nickname for Cochran is Cockroach. I think it fits him. I was hoping he wasn't going to flip tribes but honestly, it was the smart thing for him to do. Nobody on his tribe (except Dawn) likes him so if he plays the pity card and helps the opposing tribe decimate his own tribe, he'll buy himself a lot more time in the game.

Ozzy was dang stupid to reveal his plan to the opposing tribe, even if they did see through his charade, and then he compounded it by revealing that he does indeed have the immunity idol. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap his face when he told them that. Doesn't he realize how valuable information like that is??? Apparently not.

And he still wasn't done with bonehead moves. I don't know where Ozzy got the idea that the other tribe was gunning for Whitney. Why would they want her out?? Wouldn't they be singling out the strongest guys on their tribe (Keith or Jim)? I also don't get why Ozzy's tribe voted for Rick instead of Coach, Brandon, or Albert.

Ozzy may have made one of the boldest moves in Survivor history by asking to be sent to Redemption to get Christine out but he followed it up with so many stupid moves, he completely undid any benefit his bold move was supposed to have brought to his tribe. Ozzy, in that episode, you were no Sweet Genius.

Cochran was in a no win situation. His old tribe shouldnt have been surprised that he wanted to find a way to stay in the game! Cochran's name came up many times for eviction. So many times a group has it all figured out right from the get go who are the top dogs and who is getting the boot. If you do nothing, you are just a sitting duck waiting for your turn to be picked off. I'm glad C at least tried to mix things up.

+ Reply to Thread