+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Whoa... calling Cochran a "coward" -- I think he was pretty brave to do that! Makes me support him more.

That "bunch" - aka, his tribe - would've voted him (Cochran) out in a heartbeat!!!!!!! Way to go Cochran!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Isn't it a little odd that Jim called him a coward when, at one point, Jim was the one orchestrating a move against Ozzie? I think he deliberately did that to ingratiate himself to Ozzie.

Cochoran really didn't have a lot to lose, as he knew his own tribe wasn't going to be above turning on him first if they had to, and the other tribe is more liable to see him as someone not worth getting out while there are still stronger members of his previous tribe to eliminate. Likewise, his previous tribe is more likely to try and go after the physical threats among Coach's group than Cochoran. Once it gets down to the final few, he's still less of a target, because he's less likely to win individual immunity, and quite a few people on the jury are going to prefer someone else win. He might as well flip. It's really not going to cost him much long term, except that his old tribe mates, who never liked him in the first place, still aren't going to like him.

By the way, I loved how surprised Rick seemed to be to be getting votes. It's like he was startled that anyone had finally noticed he was in the game.

Oh, and I hope that they had a birthday cake waiting for Christine after she left Redemption Island (though, personally, I'd be more interested in a shower and a change of clothes and a really long nap on a nice bed).
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What exactly was the point of having one woman and one man win immunity if only one person is going home?

Also, just before the show started, I heard via E! that Survivor Africa winner Ethan Zohm has announced that his cancer has returned. They didn't say anything more than that, except that he's started treatment.

Oh no Prayers for Ethan
    FireWoman and lopevian like this.

I can't for the life of me think of the little crazy gang kid's name but I liked the way he told Cochrane to stick close to him. It really is produced to make one team look like the kids who would have been cast as the preppy cool kids in school who would be the bullies in teen movies VS the misfits.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I really can't see how Savaii could feel so betrayed by Cochran flipping.
    You treat a person like a dog, eventually they'll bite.
    The only hurt feelings I can kind of understand are from Jim. He went out of his way to get rid of Elise and he and Cochran had something going on the side as a result. I think Jim had hoped to cut Ozzy, Keith and Whitney loose at some point and go to the end with Cochran. However, if this was Jim's plan, he should have let Cochran in on it, it would have been the time to do it. In any case, Savaiis' game plan is really mucked up. lol

I understand why Cochran did what he did, but I hate it for the fact that it seems to give Coach one more reason to be smug. Where did the "music video" from the Dragonslayers Coach go? I thought he was hysterical after FvF, and now he just grates on me to no end. I did think his original talk with Cochran made sense and I think he really got through to Cochran without all the grandiose catchphrases. His admitting he was considered an outsider by people because he was/is different was interesting. But then he always seems to go on these tangents about the bullied and the bullies, the good and the evil, etc and he loses me. I hope this is his last time playing the game.

Didn't like Jim calling Cochran a coward either. What the heck is wrong with these people?? It's a GAME in case you forgot, this isn't life and death here. Is Rob seriously about the only person who really understood that? But for Cochran to turn around and snivel "I flipped. I'll explain later" - Dude, if you're going to flip and stab these people in the back, then OWN IT. They are not going to understand and forgive you!!

Oh well, at least he made things interesting. I can't believe that at this point I don't really care for anyone. I liked Sophie and Albert but all the eye rolling and mugging during tribal council bugged. Ugh. And Cochran, as much as you'd like to think you're the king of Survivor, remember they are a strong 6 and you're hanging onto the edge of their circle by your fingertips. Unless you can convince someone in their tribe to flip like you did, you're the first to go after the rest of your old tribe. And if Ozzy/Jim win II, guess what buddy? You're toast.

Still can't remember the blonde's name on Ozzy's tribe and honestly I am always surprised to see the Cowboy suddenly show up on the tv screen. He is so completely forgettable!!

Further thoughts: Honestly, Cochran admitted he's playing this game emotionally, which pretty much guarantees he is not going to win, I believe. What happened to his Jim/Dawn sub alliance? Why not stick with them, get the numbers, and then try to pull over someone from Coach's team? Then when Ozzy doesn't win immunity, take him or Keith out? I understand why he flipped but sometimes I think people who think they are making the 'big move' on this show don't really think about how it is going to play out long term. Somehow I thought Cochran as such a big fan of the game, would be smarter than that.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 11-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, I can't understand why the other "young" people on Cochran's team are surprised he flipped...they seem to have absolutely no understanding of how they treated him and how he might feel. You'd think they'd at least think he might be a vote at the finale---he wouldn't vote for either of them if there were ANY other choices. What a bunch of idiots. I exclude Ozzy from that statement, because Ozzy did try to include him even if he yelled at him about the rope errors. Ozzy entrusted him with the idol (maybe only because he trusted all the others less, and figured a fan like Cochran might have enough hero worship left to return it to him), which I'm sure made Cochran feel postitive towards Ozzy.
    I agree it was nice of Brandon Hantz to offer him protection. Of course if he'd been an attractive young woman Brandon would have been afraid to come near him.
    And Oh no, about Ethan. So sorry to hear about the cancer return. That's usually not a good sign.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was cheering for Cochran. Not sure if his move was the smartest in town, but to see the nerdy kid stand up and do what HE wanted to do, and then to see his new team protect him was great. I was always the smallest in my class, and the main person who ever picked on me was the next to the smallest - until some of my larger friends pointed out to her that it would be a good idea to leave me alone. Are you listening, Jim and Ozzie? Unless they get some of Upolu to flip, Savaii is going to get picked off one by one. Except for Dawn, I won't be sorry to see the back end of any of those bullies.
    sparklete likes this.

They weren't nice to Cochran, no, and they certainly expressed frustration over his complete ineptness during challenges, but I didn't really see it as bullying. Condescending? Sure. Arrogant? Yup. Dismissive? Ok. But I didn't see it as bullying, personally. Ozzie did give him the HII to hold, and the other team could have voted him out numerous times but didn't. He was useless during challenges but he was still around and could have worked with Dawn and possibly Jim to get further in the game. I see Coach's tribe protecting him as long as it suits them and then after that, we're back to slitting throats.

That said, he did what he wanted to do for himself, and I am sure he will live with the repercussions, whatever they might be. But in my eyes it was more about Cochran making the 'big survivor move' than it was about 'nerds of the world stand up to the cool kids' story. I give him props for playing his own game but I still don't really like him at all.

I did feel bad for Dawn, for some reason. He certainly made her position in the game more difficult by making his choice. I guess they weren't really in an alliance after all?
    Lil Bit likes this.

I actually liked what Brandon said to Cochrans old tribe. Kudos to him. Not that I think they actually heard what he was saying, but still.
    sparklete likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread