+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Another hour would enable us to see more of the interaction between these people and get to know them better. I think it would enhance the show immensely!
    What helped me a lot previous seasons were Jeff’s blogs and also the exit interviews (although now they have to cycle through RI and I have less interest then with what they would have to say once permanently evicted). I would certainly welcome an additional half hour.

Being such a fan of the game of Survivor, I think that Cochran is getting just what he wanted out of this experience - and that is he has people talking about him and hopes that people will REMEMBER his name afterwards. That is basically what he said to Jeff in the beginning, remember? So, it is very possible that Cochran is also hoping to make a big enough move(s) in this game that he will be asked to come back to play again sometime in the future....probably another goal of his.

I have also been wondering how in the heck that Cochran does not ever seem any darker. They are in a sunny environment after all. He is still that pasty white color, and I am very fair skinned myself and do not tan much and usually burn, so it would seem like Cochran must be using buckets of suntan lotion all over his entire body. The only thing that is even red is his nose.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That's what he said. He's a devoted student to Survivor strategy. Losing from the wrong strategy was far more acceptable to him than losing from chance or failure to take action.
    I am just glad he put his fate in his hands, its a little like Big Brother, there are floaters that do nothing, say nothing and never react to a thing .I think Dawn was wrong in talking him out of flipping, if she knew he was being bullied, or treated badly.She could have spoken up imho.When the tribes merge, lots of them move around, wait until next week

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wish Survivor wouldn't make it come down to chance (picking rocks) in the event of a tie. They should have a skills challenge to determine who goes home of the two nominated. Or have the two nominated pick a rock from a bag instead of everyone but the two nominated.
    I agree and think they should change up the tie breaker each time. I think since production knew the survivors were certain it would be a purple rock draw ... they allowed them to continue thinking that. Nobody is actually sure if the tie-breaker might have been a fire starting or other skills challenge.

Another fair tie breaker might have been to send them BOTH to Redemption Island and let them duel it out there ... perhaps including the next boot in that RI challenge.
    sparklete likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think they should just make them start a fire. I remember Bobby John (was that his name?) taught Steph how to start a fire and then she beat him at it at tribal. I thought it was a great Survivor moment.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I agree and think they should change up the tie breaker each time. I think since production knew the survivors were certain it would be a purple rock draw ... they allowed them to continue thinking that. Nobody is actually sure if the tie-breaker might have been a fire starting or other skills challenge.
    I think more likely that they did know for sure it would be a rock draw. As I recall, they're given a huge binder of rules ahead of time - could be in that. Or there may have been discussions not shown on the episode.

I don't think anyone goes on Survivor now without practicing fire-starting.

Perhaps a challenge that includes the skills needed to start a fire, build a shelter, and/or knowing/understanding social aspects of the game might be interesting.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think they should just make them start a fire. I remember Bobby John (was that his name?) taught Steph how to start a fire and then she beat him at it at tribal. I thought it was a great Survivor moment.
    I totally remember that...good stuff ! But don't they do those skill challenges more towards the end of the game? I seem to remember jury members being present and watching during the Bobby John/Steph thing. I think they've been doing the rock pick for a while too. Maybe the fire building is for special circumstances or when there aren't enough people left to make the rock option viable? Or, maybe I'm just forgetting....entirely possible
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm not sure how Cochran was supposed to just vote with "the other tribe" the first vote when they would not tell him who they were voting for. He had no idea they were voting Keith until the split vote. Then he knew who to vote for so that he could flip sides. It would have been different if they had let him know ahead of time however they did not since they were not sure they could trust him.

I was disappointed in Dawn who seemed ready to stand up for Cochran and flip as well so that she didn't have to pick a rock, until she won individual immunity and changed her mind. So she was ready to make a big game change as long as she was on the possible chopping block but as soon as she was safe she decided against it.
    march, RBmumsie, KatesMom and 2 others like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I totally remember that...good stuff ! But don't they do those skill challenges more towards the end of the game? I seem to remember jury members being present and watching during the Bobby John/Steph thing. I think they've been doing the rock pick for a while too. Maybe the fire building is for special circumstances or when there aren't enough people left to make the rock option viable? Or, maybe I'm just forgetting....entirely possible
    Wasn't the Bobby Jon/Steph thing because they couldn't vote out anyone.. they were the last 2 left in their tribe. She would vote him and he her.. so it was a moot point, thus build fire.. who sucks less type of thing came up. I recall only Jeff there since this was JUST before the merge (steph got tree mail to go to their beach the next day) Thus there would be no jury members at that time.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 11-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread