+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Didnt anyone from Ozzys tribe notice how Christine hates her old tribe? She flips them off every chance she gets - so why go to Redemption to get rid of her? Makes no sense

I've pondered Ozzy's hopping to RI (I have a sick child and can't go to bed yet)...

IF he beats Christine and comes back into the merge, there is always the danger of how people will talk while he's gone. We've seen this before when someone temporarily visited a tribe. Once you're GONE, even in Ozzy's case to be temporary, you're still absent for a few days. That's a long time in Survivor! People are more free to talk about you, discuss the pros/cons of your not being there. I'm starting to wonder that, even if Ozzy wins and returns...will he be met with some raised eyebrows?

Will they discuss the fact that he was SO strong and willing to go to RI that he's emphasizing his invincibility during the Merge, when Individual Immunity is king? Will this be Ozzy's downfall either way? If I were on his tribe, I'd certainly be thinking that way...AND he just got Cochran in his back pocket by giving him that idol. Hmmm.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post
    Didnt anyone from Ozzys tribe notice how Christine hates her old tribe? She flips them off every chance she gets - so why go to Redemption to get rid of her? Makes no sense
    That was addressed a page or so up...and still is
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Jeff Probst answered a question on twitter tonight: is there any rule stating that Ozzy couldn't take the HII with him to RI and then back again if he should enter the game? Nope. So why did he give it to Cochran of all people? Ugh, this guy is anything but in Ozzy's back pocket, he'll turn on Ozzy in a heartbeat I think (and then pat himself frantically on the back).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Jeff Probst answered a question on twitter tonight: is there any rule stating that Ozzy couldn't take the HII with him to RI and then back again if he should enter the game? Nope. So why did he give it to Cochran of all people? Ugh, this guy is anything but in Ozzy's back pocket, he'll turn on Ozzy in a heartbeat I think (and then pat himself frantically on the back).
    I think the only way Ozzy could push his tribe to agree to his plan was to remove the possibility of voting out Cochoran, so he gave him the idol. However, Ozzy really should just assume that once he's played the idol, he's played it. Honestly, if there is another challenge, and Ozzie's tribe loses, he's going to use it to save himself, as virtually anyone would. But I'd think Cochoran would have even more reason to use it, as he knows he's never been part of the Ozzy alliance. Why should he hold on to it for someone whose inner circle has considered him expendable all along?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I think Coach's strategy is spot on. He took a discouraged group (from what we've seen in the editing, anyway ) and manipulated the situation - "finding the idol" - and got them fired up. Sure, Sophie and Albert knew, but they could also possibly see his strategy in that. Emphasizing what ties them together...praying, etc.... while it may seem insincere or not worthwhile, it seems to have worked to strengthen the bond between the tribe members. And that is what I think he's gunning for, and I think he's been successful in doing that.

This merge is going to be fun!
    I agree. The praying is working for bonding, I guess. Coach is serious about it though, as illustrated in him repeating "I am not worthy" to his father god or whatever he said. Not a winning attitude!

It will definately be an interesting merge. And how silly of Ozzy going to RI! Aside from the obvious Christine story, the challenge involves balancing a ring on the end of a stick as we saw in the previews. Ozzy will have no advantage in this. The RI challenges are never based on athletic strength. The are designed to be equal for men and women.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was going to say something similar about praying to find the idol and praying to win the challenge. I'm pretty sure reality TV is fairly low on God's priority list, but to each his own. I also didn't like Coach pulling down the other player- I think one's own beliefs are their own and it just felt like Coach was forcing the way he believes and his actions on others who may not be as comfortable doing the same (but also not wanting to seem like the odd man out by not conforming). I just thought it was a bit over-the-top, but then again it is Coach, so I should expect it by now.
    I've been liking Coach a lot more this season, but the whole prayer thing last night didn't sit well with me. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said,

“When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."

I don't mind that he was filmed out in the water by himself praying, although I thought it seemed staged, with the swooping aerial shot. But the group prayer scenes didn't bring any focus on God - it was all on Coach, using God as an extra teammate. I will say this, though. I don't think that Coach prayed that they would FIND the idol (which he already had). I think he prayed for strength and God's favor during the game. Brandon specifically prayed for help in finding the idol, and that was a genuine prayer on his part, because he didn't know that the idol had already been found. Maybe Coach got an attack of conscience when he heard that, since it was shortly after that that he revealed the idol.

As a Christian, I try to not get involved in too many internet discussions about whether people should bring their faith into reality shows, although I believe that, as our Father, God does care about every aspect of our lives. I respect that there are differences of opinion regarding faith. But to have seen this blatant example of what Jesus Himself told us NOT to do . . . I needed to say something. However, I'm not going to argue this point with anyone - I just wanted to state my opinion.

AZChristian, thanks for the bible quote. That's pretty much how I felt as well. The whole thing did indeed seem more about Coach than about God, IMO. It just seems strange to me, as in his previous appearances on the show I recall Coach has always been spiritual but not to the extent that was brought in last night. Is it simply to inspire tribe unity? Is it because Brandon obviously is very up front about his faith, and Coach wants to foster their relationship? I wonder, after the big group prayer and the "get on your knees!" shout from Coach as he pulled Edna down....do we know for a fact that the ot? Pher members of his tribe are on board with bringing this level of Christianity into the game? I know we've seen Sophie express some discomfort. I just wonder if any of them are of different faiths? Perhaps it was discussed but just not shown.
    AZChristian likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

How much chance do you think there is that Ozzy will flip on his tribe? He could go to Redemption to knock out Christine and then when the merge comes, join with Coach's tribe in eliminating his former tribe for blindsiding Elise.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    How much chance do you think there is that Ozzy will flip on his tribe? He could go to Redemption to knock out Christine and then when the merge comes, join with Coach's tribe in eliminating his former tribe for blindsiding Elise.
    I can't see that - simply because Ozzy would surely know that Coach's tribe's alliegance is to Coach, and Ozzy is such a Challenge Monster, probably both tribes would get rid of him at point!

Also, if Ozzy is like most men, Elyse has already been forgotten.
    YorkieMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast