+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Not sure if Ozzy's move was ballsy or arrogant, but I am leaning toward ballsy- either way he actually made a move instead of waiting for someone to make it for him. I love how both tribes want to go in "6 strong", but it very rarely ever works that way. For a few tribal councils one team will pick off the other, but then number 5 (or 6 or whatever) in the pecking order realizes they need to make a move and all that tribe loyalty goes right down the tubes.

Ozzy could either completely redeem himself with this move, or go down, as Jeff said, as one of the biggest idiots ever to play the game. Oh well, at least he's going for broke and he seems prepared to accept the consequences either way, and so I can respect that.

Coach, just so you know, praying to God to help you find the HII while both you and God know it's currently residing in your pocket is just all kinds of wrong in my eyes. It's so over the top, pretty much along with everything else he did this episode. After their win, he literally grabbed one of the girls by the arm and dragged her to her knees to offer thanks. I find this so disturbing, not for the fact that people want to offer thanks for their good fortune, but for the fact that he seemed to almost be in a frenzy at that point. It was just so weird and not what I expect when watching Survivor.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 10-26-2011 at 10:53 PM.

I still don't think this is as stupid as Erik's move either way it goes.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I still don't think this is as stupid as Erik's move either way it goes.
    Erik's move would take something big to match.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Erik's move would take something big to match.
    If Ozzy loses to Christine, I would say it's a "tie"

To ask to go to RI is brave...if you win, you're a hero -- if you lose, you're stupid!
    AZChristian likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ozzy could either completely redeem himself with this move, or go down, as Jeff said, as one of the biggest idiots ever to play the game. Oh well, at least he's going for broke and he seems prepared to accept the consequences either way, and so I can respect that.

Coach, just so you know, praying to God to help you find the HII while both you and God know it's currently residing in your pocket is just all kinds of wrong in my eyes. It's so over the top, pretty much along with everything else he did this episode. After their win, he literally grabbed one of the girls by the arm and dragged her to her knees to offer thanks. I find this so disturbing, not for the fact that people want to offer thanks for their good fortune, but for the fact that he seemed to almost be in a frenzy at that point. It was just so weird and not what I expect when watching Survivor.
    I was going to say something similar about praying to find the idol and praying to win the challenge. I'm pretty sure reality TV is fairly low on God's priority list, but to each his own. I also didn't like Coach pulling down the other player- I think one's own beliefs are their own and it just felt like Coach was forcing the way he believes and his actions on others who may not be as comfortable doing the same (but also not wanting to seem like the odd man out by not conforming). I just thought it was a bit over-the-top, but then again it is Coach, so I should expect it by now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro View Post
    I didn't get why Coach thought revealing that they found the Idol would boost moral so much and, for that matter, why it actually did ? Just the thought of some kind of a victory ? I just don't get it. I mean, if the Idol actually worked against the other tribe, yeah, but all it does is protect someone on 'their' tribe against a vote. It's not really gaining them anything, if that makes sense. I just thought that whole thing was strange.

I, too, think Ozzy's plan is ultra foolish, but hey, if it actually works & he returns and goes far-or actually wins- he will become one of the top players ever. I guess he figures that even if it doesn't work, it beats getting blindsided like in Heroes v Villians ( or was it Fans v Favs ? My memory fails me.)

I'm in the Sandler-movies-suck club. He wasn't funny on SNL & I've never seen a trailer yet that would convince me to spend time/money to see it. I can see the appeal to 12 & 13 year old boys (my nephew used to love his stuff when he was that age), but Coach ?? Wow.

All in all, it was a pretty good episode, very interesting. I just wonder how long before all the good tidings evaporate on Coach's tribe ? It certainly won't be long.
    Coach really is working hard for team unity going into the merge. He's even recruited God for his team (but that's for another post). Regarding your first paragraph, maybe they're thinking that sometime after the merge, and this team is still loyal to each other, they can use the idol to save one of their team members at TC and retain numbers going forward. In that sense, it would be a 'team idol'. If not that, I have no clue. Coach is nuts.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

I think Coach's strategy is spot on. He took a discouraged group (from what we've seen in the editing, anyway ) and manipulated the situation - "finding the idol" - and got them fired up. Sure, Sophie and Albert knew, but they could also possibly see his strategy in that. Emphasizing what ties them together...praying, etc.... while it may seem insincere or not worthwhile, it seems to have worked to strengthen the bond between the tribe members. And that is what I think he's gunning for, and I think he's been successful in doing that.

This merge is going to be fun!
    sparklete likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Anyone else think that Adam Sandler dressed in drag looks exactly like that chick who played Blossom?

Next week should be interesting. The thing I'm not enjoying about RI is the fact that both seasons they've had it, one person has dominated.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Anyone else think that Adam Sandler dressed in drag looks exactly like that chick who played Blossom?...
    I think this movie will rise to the C list....and your comment is an insult to Blossom!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast