+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 10/19/11 - Show Discussion - *** spoilers ***

Re: Dumb Vote

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think if Edna makes it to the merge she will have a chance to outlast a few of the others as most under the radar players are seen as ineffectual and therefore are overlooked as targets for tribal council.
    I'd like to see her make the merge. But I wonder if many are no longer taking the "under the radar" types for granted these days - especially after Sandra won Survivor twice that way. Uh-oh.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 10-20-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Re: 10/19/11 - Show Discussion - *** spoilers ***

I don't get it why Mikayla didn't scramble to save herself. Why did she just depend on Albert to save her? She should have gone to the cowboy (or whatever his name is since he seems to be just canon fodder) herself. I hope Mikayla kicks Christine's butt at Redemption Island. Now that she's gone, maybe Brandon will have peace of mind. I really thought Coach is finally going to turn on him but he still keeping him (probably because he gave his word to him). I just wish that cowboy guy voted for Edna because it means Coach would have lost his grip on the tribe but now he is even more in control. After Brandon spilling the beans at tribal council, it's obvious that he's too dangerous ( a liability) to keep around for the merge. He would jeopardize Coach's plans if he struggles to keep his mouth shut. Maybe Coach will come to his senses and boot him.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    ... I hope Mikayla kicks Christine's butt at Redemption Island...
    Yep, last episode Christine was complaining about life at Redemption Island. Well, Chrissy - here's to Mikayla helping you with that problem!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I wish Edna had gone, for the very reason jammyjo stated above. Coach now has two very loyal people in his back pocket that will vote whatever way he chooses. One is a bit of a nutjob that he can't be sure he can control and the other is a 'weak' female who nobody would want to vote for, a complete coat tail rider. Hmmmmm....does this give anyone else flashbacks to last season? Rob had complete control too, Phillip (Brandon) was the nutjob goat and Edna (Natalie) is the loyal little soldier doing whatever he says.

Last year I was thrilled at the situation as it easily gave Rob the win. This year I'd like to see someone shake it up!!
    Moontat likes this.

Well, I'm on Team Coach, so I was glad Edna was saved. That is an interesting and apt comparison to the Rob/Philip/Natalie F3, sweetpea. I don't think Coach is a misogynist, though. Opportunist, yes...and I'd add that Edna chose him as an ally just as much as he chose her. Coat-tail rider is a valid role in the Survivor game - good for the gameplayers, annoying for the viewers. Being physically weak, and apparently not adept at a social game, she's impressed Coach because she's intelligent (which is something he seems to respect - whereas Russell, for example, might consider it a liability in an ally, particularly a female). He couldn't have picked more perfect partners.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree that Coach is playing a solid game for himself and has lined himself up well to get to the end. I put quotes around "weak" in my previous post because like you I don't necessarily think Edna is a weak player at all, and unlike Natalie she is older and with age comes wisdom. She knows where she stands in the tribe and she knows right now her best bet is to ride to the end with Coach. I don't think she's gullible though, and she could very well surprise Coach yet. We'll see.

As far as Coach and misogyny....perhaps that is a strong word to use as like you I think he can appreciate and respect a strong woman (unlike Russell). However I do think his comments about Edna and Ozzy came across (to me) as sexist and crude. Not a fan of that outburst at all. If he does make it to the end like Rob, though, I will definitely give him props while at the same time wonder at how the new people on this show could let that happen twice in a row, let the veteran get to the end.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 10-22-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234