+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 10/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I miss the Ozzy from his first season.
    I do, too! Ozzy was so focused and active that season, he was a joy to watch. Since then, he seems more interested in showmances and loafing around. As you said, it doesn't seem like his heart is in it. Maybe he's trying too hard to be low-key but it's coming across as apathetic.

Coach, on the other hand, reminds me of Rob, Russell and a few other people of the past who seemed to enjoy the whole Survivor experience and make the most of it, whether they were winning or losing. I really didn't like Coach on his first season but he's been better each time he comes back. I would be very happy if he won this season. He's learned a lot about the game and it shows!
    sparklete likes this.

Dawn has an insider clip on the CBS Survivor website where she talks about Cochran and Ozzy. She describes Cochran as quite a character and a wikipedia about Survivor, but she has also talked about family etc with him. Ozzy on the other hand, she feels, he is just going through the motions of interacting with you but is not really listening. I see a million dollars slipping away from Ozzy the longer he stays in this game.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Didn't someone (Jim, I think?) make a comment last episode about Ozzy being middle-aged, that at first he was worried about Ozzy, but now thinks he doesn't have the fire he had when he was first on (my words, but that was the gist of it). Help my poor memory
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Didn't someone (Jim, I think?) make a comment last episode about Ozzy being middle-aged, that at first he was worried about Ozzy, but now thinks he doesn't have the fire he had when he was first on (my words, but that was the gist of it). Help my poor memory
    John Cochran said it. Cochran is 24 and Ozzy is 30. I guess the cockroach missed the articles that mentions men are in their physical prime when they hit 30. But since the cockroach does not know anything about being physical he may not know that.

haha, thanks! anyone who thinks 30 is middle aged is going to be in for rude awakening
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Cochran has a lot of nerve saying anything about Ozzy's physical prowess when he can't even dance around a maypole properly!
    jucamer likes this.

Cochran has a lot of nerve saying anything about Ozzy's physical prowess when he can't even dance around a maypole properly!
    I think it will even get worse next week when Cochran can't even lift a wheelbarrow and Ozzy and Dawn are helping. Although between Ozzy and Dawn why would they even need the cockroach? Is Ozzy throwing the challenge?

I miss the Ozzy from his first season.
    I do too. I really liked him a lot back then. When he came back for Fans vs. Favorites, I didn't like him as much. And this time I like him even less. He's still pretty to look at, but that's it. His personality sucks. I wish he had never come back after his initial season. Go out on a high note, ya know?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think it will even get worse next week when Cochran can't even lift a wheelbarrow and Ozzy and Dawn are helping. Although between Ozzy and Dawn why would they even need the cockroach? Is Ozzy throwing the challenge?
    The thing is, after even two weeks without much food, someone as thin and scrawny as Cochran will have ZERO energy or stamina to help in challenges. Sheesh, I think as a team they would have been better keeping Semhar or Elyse over him. He's only going to get weaker as they go on. I guess that will serve them all well AFTER the merge when they are down to individual immunity, but while they are still a team it is a definite liability.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I do too. I really liked him a lot back then. When he came back for Fans vs. Favorites, I didn't like him as much. And this time I like him even less. He's still pretty to look at, but that's it. His personality sucks. I wish he had never come back after his initial season. Go out on a high note, ya know?
    This is exactly how I feel about Ozzy. He was my 2nd favourite Survivor after Boston Rob, so to have Rob come back and win it all last season, and then Ozzy back for this season, I was in heaven. But I know during FvF I didn't like Ozzy as much. Hated the "showmance" with Amanda. And now I like him less. Wish he had done as you say and stayed out on a high. I love watching youtube clips of his challenge performances and his happy smiling face during the first season. Maybe after this I'll watch that one again with my girls, just to remember him in a better light.

The thing is, after even two weeks without much food, someone as thin and scrawny as Cochran will have ZERO energy or stamina to help in challenges. Sheesh, I think as a team they would have been better keeping Semhar or Elyse over him. He's only going to get weaker as they go on. I guess that will serve them all well AFTER the merge when they are down to individual immunity, but while they are still a team it is a definite liability.
    You're probably right about Cochran's physical limitations but the guy is a freakin' genius. As a team, they're only focusing on his scrawny little body and quirky ways. They should be capitalizing on his mental capability. Some day the guy will be a Bill Gates....or someone like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast