+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 10/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

What a bunch of dummies. Ozzy for slipping that Benjamin should vote off his right hand man and thus tipping his hand to Jim; Whitney and Keith for thinking that voting for someone OTHER than Cochran or Elyse was a smooth move, and in doing so ticked off both the Jim/Dawn/Cochran alliance AND Ozzy AND also shows that you are also a couple and should be broken up ASAP; Little Hantz for his supremely ironic statement that Mikayla not liking him for being a Hantz was 'prejudice' after he judged her for her looks and her clothes and little else; Christine for ranting like a lunatic (as if anyone on either side would take her in if she survived RI; and finally to Benjamin for his short-lived self-awareness and the return of the nauseatingly arrogant man I disliked the first time around (Oh, and his need to talk while eating with his mouth wide open AND his ridiculous need to refer to himself in the 3rd person).

And the challenge was DISGUSTING. I cannot believe they actually ate that meat afterwards, when people were spitting on it and it was in the dirt and heaven knows where else. BLECH.

Looks like trouble between L'il Hantz and Benjamin next week (see, I said it! hahahahahah)!!!
    mom2 likes this.

While I don't blame Christina and Stacey going off on their tribe, after all they were voted out of the tribe, the remaining members need to take into account that the initial reaction of Redemption islanders is to be bitter and have revenge against those who voted them off. Duh, don't be surprised if there is sour grapes. On the other hand Stacey and Christina are being edited as quite sour and bitter regardless of the situation. I am very surprised that Stacey does well as her job as a funeral director. She doesn't come across as a people person, she does have to deal with the deceased family and she does not seem empathic at all. That being said, the other tribe needs to take what is said at these Redemption challenges with a grain of salt.

While I am thrilled to see Ozzy's tribe blindside him the preview's show his reaction to be totally immature. He has never been that much of a social player and it just bit him in the ass.

While I luv that Coch train managed to save himself, he is suffering from little man syndrome and a lot of self esteem issues. He has learned to fight for his place in the world by being smart but you can feel the waves of resentment coming off him as the picked on little kid. What I don't like is that the good looking ones like Keith piss me off. I can see the distaste for Cochran in his eyes. Is it fear? For the love of God that could have been him and that is why Keith is so dismissive of the Cochroach?

Does Cochran's personality really rub people the wrong way? I work with a lot of IT (computer) guys and some have some very unique personalities and come in all shapes and sizes. You have to be tolerant. That's what strikes me so much on Survivor that in the United States we preach tolerance but Survivor is great social experiment that shows many people aren't that tolerant of differences in others until they are forced to deal with them in the melting pot that is Survivor.

As far as Whitney and Keith, Whitney seems to have the brains in that alliance. Something to watch out for.
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    What a bunch of dummies. Ozzy for slipping that Benjamin should vote off his right hand man and thus tipping his hand to Jim; Whitney and Keith for thinking that voting for someone OTHER than Cochran or Elyse was a smooth move, and in doing so ticked off both the Jim/Dawn/Cochran alliance AND Ozzy AND also shows that you are also a couple and should be broken up ASAP; Little Hantz for his supremely ironic statement that Mikayla not liking him for being a Hantz was 'prejudice' after he judged her for her looks and her clothes and little else; Christine for ranting like a lunatic (as if anyone on either side would take her in if she survived RI; and finally to Benjamin for his short-lived self-awareness and the return of the nauseatingly arrogant man I disliked the first time around (Oh, and his need to talk while eating with his mouth wide open AND his ridiculous need to refer to himself in the 3rd person).

And the challenge was DISGUSTING. I cannot believe they actually ate that meat afterwards, when people were spitting on it and it was in the dirt and heaven knows where else. BLECH.

Looks like trouble between L'il Hantz and Benjamin next week (see, I said it! hahahahahah)!!!

Thanks for reminding me that I found Brandon totally hypocritical about what Mikala said about him in tribal. He has trashed her to us and his tribe since day 1. I personally find that Mikala handled herself very well. Brandon is just another overly sensitive, immature male. What is really scary about Brandon is that he has already reproduced not once but twice. We can only hope his girlfriend cheated on him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I loved the violin music they played in the beginning during Brandon's confessional. Was he going to cry?

Anyway, the only thing Savaii took back from the Redemption rant was that Ozzie thinks a strong player will be voted off before the merge. KA-ching for Cochran. Okay...we now have both Ozzie (who told Keith who told Whitney) that he has the immunity idol. On Albert sharing the clue with Coach and ?? then Coach finding it and re-sharing with the two...huh? I thought Coach was going to keep his find to himself. Now he, along with Ozzie, have targets on their backs when they think they are safe.

Cochran is a bit big for his britches in the strategy department. It worked this TC, but can he firm up an alliance of five?

Yes, that pork pull challenge was disgusting, especially with the spit cam. They did show Brandon washing off the meat before adding it to the stew, though. After almost two weeks of cocoanut and a fish now and then, that must have tasted wonderful.

It was interesting to get Ozzie's perspective on spearing fish. I can see where it would be draining...but that doesn't account for all the other laying around he does during the day. From the previews where he cuts himself off from the tribe, that, along with holding II, really puts a target on his back. Will he play it if they go to TC next week?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was so grossed out by that challenge, there are no words. I would have had to decline to eat it. I'd rather be hungry, I think. Although, I think Mikayla stopping to pick up the dropped piece might be what pushed them over for the win. She's one tough girl.
    NCLurker likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I still can't get over that challenge. At TC Probst seemed surprised that they all had cuts inside their mouths. They shared a lot more than saliva in that challenge, they shared blood. Even microscopic amounts are too much. I wonder how much the staff checked out that challenge with an actual roasted pig. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to share bodily fluids with anybody I'm not married to.

Still grossed out ...
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

I love a blind side, especially as Ozzy was way way too cozy with his tribe .I actually enjoy Cochran and by the looks of it, so does Jeff.He can help but grin.

The challenge was sort of gross,I guess.I dont think It was that gross. Looks like Ozzy has a giant pout on next week

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I still can't get over that challenge. At TC Probst seemed surprised that they all had cuts inside their mouths. They shared a lot more than saliva in that challenge, they shared blood. Even microscopic amounts are too much. I wonder how much the staff checked out that challenge with an actual roasted pig. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to share bodily fluids with anybody I'm not married to.

Still grossed out ...
    I didn't even think about the cuts and the blood. That's so nasty. Jeff tweeted that originally, the pigs had the head, snout, ears, etc but it was too difficult so they changed it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Haha, what an amazing episode last night!

- I actually laughed my head off and enjoyed the meat challenge, especially the impromptu meat kisses. Veggies aside if you'd been in a jungle for 2 weeks roast pork would be tempting I'm sure...spit and all. Kudos to Upolo for what I think was tactical spitting into their pot.

-I agree with the Ozzy comments, he has always been a bit of a boring ass with no social game, I find his and Coach's contrasting edits interesting (Pouty youngish challenge slayer getting pissed vs cocky happy older coach) I wonder if this is a sign of a face off at the merge.

- I have always liked Cochran but last night showed he had some serious game going on, this is why sometimes, the intelligent underdogs beat the hot fit cool kids. Go Cochran! If Coach or Sophie don't win, Cochran is my next choice.

-Keith is still being a dumb lead lamb, an an early post merge boot i think.

- Stacy's outburst simply did nothing apart from making it easier for Coach. First off the confession of Ozzy from the news made Savaii break apart at the seams. It also made Albert go idol hunting and lead Coach to help him and find the idol. Looks like that one backfired.

-I dont think much will happen between Brandon and Coach apart from that comment next week. However the 5 alliance obviously has a pecking order with the idol alliance 3, and with Rik being an elder...Im guessing Brandon is at the bottom of it.
    Last edited by VelvetBex; 10-13-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

Great episode!

About the pig. They all had a medical so everyone has a clean bill of health. They washed the meat and then cooked it. The temp of the pork, when cooked, is enough to kill any bacteria. I am sure it was a huge treat! I would have loved having that after weeks of fish and coconut.

Stacy and Christina did no harm. I agree with you, Sugarmama. Things change drastically at the merge anyway but it is a logical conclusion that Coach is the leader.

Coach shared his idol find. Really? What is wrong with him? And Ozzy what is wrong with you, too? Telling your alliance that Coach should get rid of Albert?

It did Keith and Whitney no good to vote for Dawn; it was still a betrayal and transparent AND did nothing to show allegence to the newly formed alliance. Take a stand and go with it. You have a reason that is easily explained to Ozzy, if you think you need that! Be strong.

Preview. So Ozzy is all puffed up and claiming he is now playing for himself. hmmmmmmm how is that going to work for him? Foolish man to have formed a couple; he is not a student of this game. That is 101 stuff.

This season is shaping up to be a very good one.
    MamaAmyG and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast