+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is Ozzy adept enough to make effective use of his HII?

Is Ozzy adept enough to make effective use of his HII?

We know Ozzy to be a physical threat. We know that he could run the board and win several individual immunity challenges (ala` Terry) in-a-row ...

So he is a threat, if he makes the merge, to win-it-all ...

Here`s the question. Will Ozzy be adept enough, social enough, play the mental game strongly enough that he manages to make the best use of his HII this season?

Or do YOU "think" he goes home with the hii in his pocket again?
    "An interested observer of the vagaries and absurdities of Life"

Re: Is Ozzy adept enough to make effective use of his HII?

He has already blown it. And there is always the element of chance.

He'll go home with it again - he hasn't learned anything. I think Ozzie might be just a pretty face without much upstairs.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sadly, I think history will repeat itself and he'll go out with the idol in hand, not knowing it was the week his tribe chose to blindside him. I also wouldn't be surprised if he uses the idol to save an alliance member and it ends up he's the actual target. I agree that social strategy is not Ozzie's strong suit.

Ozzy could win this thing with a little emphasis on development of his social game. The game of Survivor is first-and-foremost a game of social acceptance/gamesmanship.

The funny thing is that in his initial introduction he claims to recognize this ... yet from the first show, to that last episode (where he mocks his tribe-mate for wanting to "strategize too much" behind his back, yet in front of others) we see an Ozzy who just hasn't shown those social/game skills ...

Rob finally won, after four tries, I guess some Survivors never Learn ...?
    "An interested observer of the vagaries and absurdities of Life"

Because Rob won, it makes returning "super" players an even bigger target. Ozzy is an incredible challenge player and a tribe would be smart to keep him until close to the merge for his strength and survival instincts, but then to blindside him. Ozzy seems to still rely on the fact that he is a physical asset to his team, and tends to think they wouldn't get rid of him based on that alone... which is why they do want to get rid of him! I wish he wouldn't have told anyone about the idol, but understand it does give him some power if a few know he has it. I love Ozzy but agree he will go out with another blindside due to the fact that the way he wants to play the game (stay strong until merge) isn't the way many other tribemates want to play the game (weaker players band together and have numbers).

No, to be honest hes not the brightest spark in the box at all. Out of the returning 2 players he has less social game and a slight physical advantage ( Coach is never far behind him in physical challenges and appears stronger.

Coach has turned his experience into a leadership role so no-one thinks of voting him out yet whereas Ozzy is the cool sporty guy that actually doesnt do a hell of a lot....and is more of a target with individual immunity coming up.
    sparklete likes this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Ozzy won't win because he still has a terrible social game.In the Insider clips Dawn commented about how Ozzy pretends to be listening but he really isn't.I know exactly what she means because I work with someone like that.I'm sure that Dawn is not the only one that notices this.

I think it's less a question of Ozzy's adeptness than it is of the collective gameplay abilities of the rest of his tribe...are they bright enough to instigate a blindside just before a merge?
    waywyrd and Shoepie like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I think it's less a question of Ozzy's adeptness than it is of the collective gameplay abilities of the rest of his tribe...are they bright enough to instigate a blindside just before a merge?
    I agree. He is an easy mark to blindside but can they pull it off? I think with Jim leading the coup, it can happen. I suspect Ozzy's alliance is not as loyal as they appear and are waiting for the chance. Rob's win looms large in all of their minds.

If they boot Elyse first it will tip their hand and Ozzy will use the idol.
    Minney and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast