+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

Geez.....get a spine, and plot your revenge, Mikayla!!
    I said earlier I wish Mikayla would have a little of Parvati in her, like little Hantz thinks she does, so she could kick his BUTT eight ways from Sunday. I would pay to see Parvati put him in his place with that smirk on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I said earlier I wish Mikayla would have a little of Parvati in her, like little Hantz thinks she does, so she could kick his BUTT eight ways from Sunday. I would pay to see Parvati put him in his place with that smirk on her face.
    He wouldn't have confronted Parvati. She wears a mean streak like pageant ribbon across her chest, plus Parvati would have gone after Brandon at the TC after he confessed he wanted her out. For a girl (Mikayla, I mean) who has prolly fended off a lot of unwanted attention, she sure is timid with LH. Or maybe it's some kind of strategy. Who knows?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

You're right. He would have been scared to confront Parvati. She'd eat him for breakfast. I'd love to have seen the fallout after that TC. Mikayla didn't appear to do much to get rid of Brandon, at least as far as strategizing is concerned. Perhaps she isn't cut out for how cutthroat this game can be.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought Mikayla's crying over Hantz's opinions/actions was STUPID! I thought she was stronger than that. Who cries because they find out somebody doesn't like them? Some sissy, I guess. If that's the best she can do, she's not long for this game.
    Yup!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was disappointed Mikayla cried over Hantz saying he didn't like her. Still think there's a lot of creative editing going on there, but I was thinking/hoping she'd be tougher than that. Hantz is a creepy, whiny little troll, who probably has a thing for her or is just against young pretty girls because they take too much of his attention. I can see why they'd want him in their alliance. He'll be easy to walk all over later on. At least his uncle tried and played the game. I totally agree that Parvati could have just shot him a nasty look and probably scared him.

Wasn't surprised to see Papa Bear go last night, but I liked him. I remember them doing that challenge during FvsF. Looks like one of the more fun ones they've done. One thing I like about the island location is the water based challenges. Glad Ozzy's still in, and that Coach seems to have learned something from his two previous attempts at playing. At least someone's learning the redemption aspect. Didn't really have a preference for RI as to who stayed and who left since I dislike Semhar and Christine equally. I'm liking this season better than last season so far.

Very creative editing and not that good imho
    SugarMama likes this.

I'm enjoying watching this season's Survivor...finally. Last few seasons just haven't been that good.
    Just some thoughts:
    Brandon L'il Hantz: Perfect character for the show. TPTB are prob delighted with his behavior while the rest of us shake our heads in disbelief that someone can act like that and be so transparent. Mikayla does "it" for him and he's stuggling with it. If he can get her voted off, his problems are over. A mature, sane person would just learn to deal with it but I don't think those traits run in the Hantz family.

Coach: used to annoy me greatly but not as much this time. Maybe because he's not posturing so much, trying to convince us of his "other worldly" powers. I think he realizes we now know his faults and his positive attributes.

Mikayla: I think she was crying because this was just the icing on the cake. She's doing her best to compete and some little baby troll throws an unexpected monkey wrench into the whole thing and surprises her. I don't believe she's a Parvati clone. I think all the stress and hardships of just competing got to her and she broke down but we'll see. True character usually comes out.

Christine: glad she won. I don't particulary like her but she's an interesting and fiesty character.
    Semhar: How many seasons does Survivor have to be on for people to finally realize that it's a game and honesty, emotions, special friendships, etc do not exist. It is not real life. The goal is to win the money so lie, cheat, do whatever it takes to do that.....it is not a test of character nor does it define who you are.
    And fyi, it's called being a poet...........not a spoken word artist. Ask any old beatnik (if any are still alive) and they'll tell you.

Cochran: I think they're keeping him because that's a mighty powerful brain under that dorky little head. someday he'll probably be quite successful and wealthy due to that brain and his education. Survivor now requires more brains than they used to. Before it was brawn and athletic ability only.

Mark aka Papa Bear: Ridiculous to make up your own nickname...can't picture him as NYPD and contrary to what he said, it isn't always everyone else's fault that he doesn't fit in. It's quite possible it's partly his fault but what a concept!! The Blame Game is very popular in Survivor.

The rest haven't registered on my radar yet.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Gawd. Lil Hantz can't stand it, he has to tell everyone he's the Troll's nephew.

Bleah. Please put the shirt back on?
    I'm sick of him already! But I blame TPTB that are in charge of casting, because lets face it...thats the only reason he got on this show. While everyone else's professions or Educational status is listed by their names, but Brandon's is Russell's nephew. Sorry, Survivor but Russell was NOT that interesting of a contestant that I need to know this is his nephew. The young man is an individual, a bit strange, but nontheless his own person.
    Last edited by dagwood; 10-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    MadamePretty

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I keep an open mind when it comes to "reality" shows and what we see (and don't) - been misled and duped too many times by editing. Unless I see something myself, clearly and in context, I believe anything's possible.
    You've got that right. Reality TV is like the new sitcom these days. So a lot of people's arguments, or just all out strange behavior...I'm not too quick to believe its all authentic. Maybe in the early years of Survivor when we saw the over the top contestants, I believed that was truly their personalities. But now with some of these shows being scripted, I'm not too quick to believe everything I see.
    MadamePretty

FORT Fogey

I get the editing thing however I do not believe Midayla is flaunting herself sexually. Her personality just does not read vixen. And I am pretty sure she finds Brandon creepy. She has to wear that skimpy outfit because they chose that for her. Her shock at being targeted and tears of confusion read sincere to me. Coach had an opportunity to help Brandon in dealing with a flirt but instead he said the demon was inside him.

Brandon seems obsessed with temptation and feels uncomfortable with his lust. This kid is rough around the edges and very unappealing.

I am impressed with Coach this season. I actually like him. He is in a leadership position rather than the token wacko and it suits him.

Why on earth did Ozzy tell Keith he had the idol? It never makes sense to me. If someone keeps it to himself it can be seen as good game play. When you tell, everyone knows and it is flushed. Every time.
    sweetpea and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread