+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 9/14/11 Show discussion---Spoilers if you didn't see the show yet

Re: 9/14/11 Show discussion---Spoilers if you didn't see the show yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You know, I think Russell's nephew might as well just show his tattoos and if anyone asks about them, laugh and say that thank heavens, no, he's not a member of that Hantz family. They can't be the only Hantz family in the world. It would seem less suspicious than trying to hide his back, even when swimming.

Or heck, just admit Russell is his uncle and point out that he didn't really like the way his uncle played the game, which seems to be the truth. I'd be hesitant to judge someone entirely based on who is uncle was.
    the sad part is that people that are on the show and those even sitting home watching will judge him based on his uncle...is it fair HECK NO but it will happen which is sad considering that this boy is trying to distance himelf as far away from either Russell or that part of the family all together
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Love Papa Bear!

Brandon and his play by God's rule book spell trouble later.

Hmm. Yeah. This is gonna be long. Where to even begin?

Guess I'll go for the returning players. Ozzy and Coach. WHat were they thinking?!?! Gosh, Rob and Russell last season was bad enough, but now they bring back an athletic moron and a delusional moron? UGH!

Coach's tribe. We barely saw any of them, which made it extremely obvious the other tribe would lose the immunity challenge. So far, Christine is dumb for making it too obvious she's looking for an idol right when they arrive. I'm liking Mikayla. And Hantz Nephew. Yeah, already he stinks of his uncle by his comments regarding Mikayla. And he's getting almost as much screentime as his uncle, I'm already sick of hearing him talk about being Russell's nephew. And does he really think he can keep those tattoos hidden forever? Not likely. I'm glad Sophie's already on to his hiding something. I also liked Edna, her being supportive of Coach speaks well of her and makes her look trustworthy.

Ozzy's tribe. Damn, where to start with this disaster? Let me just put them up one by one:

Ozzy's already an idiot. Hard worker, yes, but a complete idiot. His support of Semhar only to turn on her and then the "teach her how to make a fire" line at the end just shows me he's still the same retarded douchebag he was in Fans vs Favorites. Has not changed a bit. What a tool.

Mark, he already turns me off. It seems like he's trying to come across as Gary "Papa Smurf" Stritesky from Fiji, except that Papa Smurf was just lovable and likeable and you just wanted to hang with him and give him a big hug. Mark, though? Nope. I cannot put my finger on it just yet, but he's really just rubbing me the wrong way.

John (I refuse to call him by his last name) is reminding me of Ronnie from Big Brother. First time I see him, I say "I feel like I can relate to him, so I hope he's not an idiot". Well, he's a freaking moron! Gosh, he's so useless, he talks a lot of goob and gab but to me it sounds like a bunch of hot air, and the preview already shows him stinking at a challenge. He wants to make it look like he knows everything and he'll be great and seems to think that if he keeps talking with those bigwords, everybody will be in awe or that he'll be automatically right. If there is something I want right now, is for his tribe to lose next time because of him, realize they made a mistake in keeping him, kicks him out and then Semhar owns him in Redemtpion Island. And was I the only one who found him creepy and disgusting, the way he was leering and looming over so close to Semhar's face when Jeff went to get the votes? This guy's gross.

And speaking of gross, here comes Jim. HATE HIM!!!! Ugh, he's so gross, disgusting, obnoxious, overbearing. Just one episode in and already he's more like Russell Hantz than Russell's own nephew is. I want him gone asap!

Semhar. Gosh, I was actually rooting for her, she did make a good first impression. She screwed up the challenge badly and seems to be a bit of an airhead. But honestly? If it had been me, I would've definitely kept her over John anyday. She did own up to her mistake and worked in trying to stay. I think she'd be a bit more useful than John in a challenge, you already know she can aim so you know where to not use her in a challenge, and she did come across as someone you can trust in an alliance over the useless pasty kid who thinks he can talk his way out of everything. Semhar screwed up, but for the moment, I'll be rooting for her over at RI.

Whitney. Seriously, the whole thing where she made it seem like she wanted to volunteer to shoot coconuts but Semhar volunteered and she couldn't get in a word edgewise? What a load of baloney. If she's trying to look good, she failed utterly. I hope her next musical release bombs miserably. Everybody else in that tribe can go rot.

Oh, Jeff Probst. I read somewhere that, when asked about Semhar, he mentioned something like "I see her as the first one voted out". Well, what a surprise! God, he really just can't help himself, can't he? Hard to believe he actually used to be a good host. He's turned into such a waste who thinks this is his game to do whatever the hell he wants in it, especially with the "I know soemthing you don't know", his enjoyment of manipulating the game, and his favoritism over the "manliest men" of the season. When Ozzy splattered his shirt with paint, I couldn't tell if he got furious or if he got aroused. Wish players could give him hell, I remember Courtney had no qualms about mouthing off to him.

Yeah, I'm exceedingly hostile tonight. Survivor has really been stinking these past couple seasons, and this first episode of this new one is looking just as bad.
    Last edited by Rembrant; 09-14-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Adding a bit more.
    KELBEL and spockwhat like this.

well I hope they make some changes to RI this season..it got real boring last season with the same person there just bout the entire time..IMO..they shouldn't say anything before a challenge but after a couple tell them that the person in RI is returning and that person can choose which team they want to play for
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    So far I am loving Rick. I feel bad for coach, though. His team was visibly not pleased with him. Watch it be like Heroes V Villians where I feel sorry for him and root for him.
    You & me, dag. He won me over on HvV. Fuhgeddabout this Dragonslayer crap. He's strong & surprisingly tough- Ozzy's nearly 10 years younger & should have demolished Coach on the physical parts of that first challenge.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm guessing the Hantz nephew's tattoos were shown in the first 5 min. which I missed. What do they say? "I"m Russell Hantz's nephew"? "Survivor nephew"? Thanks!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm guessing the Hantz nephew's tattoos were shown in the first 5 min. which I missed. What do they say? "I"m Russell Hantz's nephew"? "Survivor nephew"? Thanks!

I don't remember what they said exactly, but both of them involved the word "Hantz." In fact, I think one of them was just the word "Hantz."
    MamaAmyG likes this.

Little Hantz is creepy and weird. Just the fact that he referred to Mikayla as "Delilah" and accused her of flaunting her body (when all she did was climb and tree and work on the roof!?) and also that he said he 'doesn't want to get himself in a position where he's in trouble' tells me all I need to know about him. Listen, little dude, the girl isn't on the island to temp you away from your recently re-discovered morals. In fact, she probably wouldn't notice you at all in the outside world. Get over yourself. He can go, NOW.

Can we please, oh Producers of Survivor, retire any and all affiliation with anyone named Hantz, from here on out? Please????

As to the rest of them. Ozzy still cute but not that bright. Coach made me feel sorry for him and didn't skeeve me out, so that's good. The girl who left dug her own grave, and the Harvard guy I liked at first but his desperate attention-seeking conversation with Jiffy (please call me by my last name like your favourites), his paranoia and whining, his sad "thank you" after not getting the vote...ugh. The rest I don't really remember except there's a really tall cute guy on Ozzy's tribe that I would like to see stick around.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Ozzy His long hair looks better in motion than in pictures. I was surprised that Coach's team shunned him at first. If anything, I'd consider him annoying, but inoffensive, and he's definitely good for a laugh, especially if you throw it back at him that you don't believe a word he says. I'm not at all surprised by Shenar getting the first boot. Just from reading her bio I thought she'd be one of the first to go, and I don't think she did herself any favoris tonight. Seems like a good group so far. I feel like there's clashes and power struggles to come, perhaps between the old and young. I don't know if Ozzy and Coach will be early boots and that twist backfires this time or not, but I'd be surprised if either one won. I would find it humorous if Russel's nephew wound up winning after he failed 3 times

Semhar's ouster was no surprise to me once she opened her mouth at TC.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread