+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Whitney - South Pacific

Re: Whitney - South Pacific

Yikes. Definitely not a class-act, that's for sure. Ugh...

I thought they were both boring and vacant anyway. Definitely nothing interesting about either one of them and certainly no Rhodes Scholars. Hopefully they will disappear together and we'll never have to see them again.

I wonder if Jeff will bring it up at the reunion? That has GOT to be uncomfortable!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I've not watched any Ponderosa this go round, and perhaps that's a good thing. I sure don't want to see Whitney and Keith. She's just a star wannabe, and I'm sure she's using the Survivor opportunity to boost her singing career (for what that's worth). She's not getting any attention from me other than this post.

strains of "Your Cheatin' Heart" in my head
    Ponderosa is interesting. It is clear that Whitney and Keith are a couple but there is nothing explicit.

I love to watch them eat for the first time.

The heart wants what the heart wants. We really don't know the full story about her love life before she came on this show. I don't think either of them are all that compelling so I really don't care. I like Dawn, a lot. It will be interesting to see the dynamics of Ponderosa when the other tribe starts arriving.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Ponderosa is interesting. It is clear that Whitney and Keith are a couple but there is nothing explicit.
    At least what we can see, nothing explicit is going on. But, if I had to guess, I would say that they were still sharing the same sleeping quarters on the Ponderosa. So, I have to agree with Alexxx's comments (above) and say that if the two of them were "doing" what Dawn and Cochran said they were while sharing sleeping quarters with the others, then that sounds more like lust than love to me. And, it was extremely selfish on their part to basically make everyone so uncomfortable that they moved out and slept on the ground.

I don't remember where I saw this, but Cochran made the comment that he hoped that nothing would come to "fruition for those two about nine months down the road". So, I do tend to believe the rumors, and I have not heard either Keith or Whitney deny that this was going on. But, I don't know either of them personally.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't know, I think it's fine to say "the heart wants what the heart wants" but it's not really taking into account the spouse's feelings much is it? And in this case her husband appeared surprised by the news... and Whitney herself admitted she had someone "she cared about" back home.
    I'm happily married, but if by some off chance "my heart wanted" someone else, I would wait until I was divorced to pursue that. Period. Why? Because it would be dang hurtful to my husband to do otherwise, especially if HIS "heart wanted" me still. And especially given the promises of faithfulness and love we have given each other, but also out of respect for the love we have shared up to that point.
    A lot of people would say "oh, all of this is outside the game, and has nothing to do with it. Her love life is her business, etc." but this relates to how she has presented herself within the game... "i'm a good person, Cochran is hurtful, that kind of thing." It's just so hypocritical it has to be underlined, in my opinion.
    All of that said, , I don't care that much about Keith in Whitney either, and agree that aren't that compelling. They have stated that they will reveal all about their relationship in the finale, but I actually hope Jeff doesn't even give them a chance to speak and they fade into oblivion. These are also my final words on the subject... I just wanted to address the idea that it's somehow not that bad of a thing to cheat on a spouse. It is, because it's never good to be hurtful.

I got married relatively late in life, at 30 years old. By that time I'd had a previous engagement that I ended before we got married, as I realized we were not meant to be together. I often wonder what would have happened to me if I had gone through with the marriage. I think to many younger people, marriage can be more of a frivolous thing than many older people view it. I'm not suggesting all young people think this way, but as we watch all the B-list and c-list celebrities make poor choices that last a very short time, and then they move on with someone else, it tells me sometimes people rush into things when they would be better served to take their time.

This is a long-winded way to say none of us here know what the state of her marriage was like. We haven't been privy to her personal life, all we know is she obviously fell for Keith and she was apparently married. Not the best choice to make, but I still think we don't know the whole story and probably never will.

I've decided to wish everyone well. There's the Christmas Spirit in me talking!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I don't know, I think it's fine to say "the heart wants what the heart wants" but it's not really taking into account the spouse's feelings much is it? And in this case her husband appeared surprised by the news... and Whitney herself admitted she had someone "she cared about" back home.
    I'm happily married, but if by some off chance "my heart wanted" someone else, I would wait until I was divorced to pursue that. Period. Why? Because it would be dang hurtful to my husband to do otherwise, especially if HIS "heart wanted" me still. And especially given the promises of faithfulness and love we have given each other, but also out of respect for the love we have shared up to that point.
    A lot of people would say "oh, all of this is outside the game, and has nothing to do with it. Her love life is her business, etc." but this relates to how she has presented herself within the game... "i'm a good person, Cochran is hurtful, that kind of thing." It's just so hypocritical it has to be underlined, in my opinion.
    All of that said, , I don't care that much about Keith in Whitney either, and agree that aren't that compelling. They have stated that they will reveal all about their relationship in the finale, but I actually hope Jeff doesn't even give them a chance to speak and they fade into oblivion. These are also my final words on the subject... I just wanted to address the idea that it's somehow not that bad of a thing to cheat on a spouse. It is, because it's never good to be hurtful.
    Well said and worth repeating! My husband's first wife was unfaithful, they had two little kids...she wanted to stay married but keep her boyfriend. He was devastated, they divorced. I promised him with all I am: "Honey, if I ever don't won't you anymore, I will never be unfaithful. I would divorce you...or kill you..., but I'd never cheat on you."

I, too, hope Jeff doesn't give them the chance to talk.
    AZChristian likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    She's lucky she wasn't on Brandon's tribe or he would have tried to drive her out as a "scarlet woman"!
    If Brandon ends up at Ponderosa though...eewwww. I found his ogling to be extremely creepy, and I'm sure he'd be no different with Whitney, who, by the way, looks like she could probably drop kick the tortured little worm if she catches him sneaking round her tent thingy abode.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think to many younger people, marriage can be more of a frivolous thing than many older people view it. I'm not suggesting all young people think this way, but as we watch all the B-list and c-list celebrities make poor choices that last a very short time, and then they move on with someone else, it tells me sometimes people rush into things when they would be better served to take their time.
    I really like what you wrote here and I, also, agree that with age, we come to realize more what's important and what's not. I think when younger, I was less condeming of unfaithfulness even though I didn't do it, nor did my ex (as far as I know). but I just didn't give it the importance that I do now.
    I watched a couple videos of the Ponderosa and saw Whitney telling about how she prayed to God prior to her last day about should she win or not. I guess that bothers me a lot. If I had been breaking one of the commandments, I don't think I'd be asking any favors from God.
    I also heard Keith say that he and Whitney were ready to get on with starting their life together now that the game is over so I guess her marriage was over in her mind.
    I hate to sound like an old fashion Grandma but it is possible to have deep feeling for another without having sex. I would have had more respect for her if she had fallen for Keith, returned home and settled that with her husband first, even if it was divorce. Then do whatever you want to do. It would be easier on her husband's feelings also. JMHO
    Kocky_Kamikaze and sweetpea like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Especially if I'd ever been fond of my husband I wouldn't start an affair that was going to be broadcast on national TV. Did they think none of this would make it to the air? Talk about hurtful.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I really like what you wrote here and I, also, agree that with age, we come to realize more what's important and what's not. I think when younger, I was less condeming of unfaithfulness even though I didn't do it, nor did my ex (as far as I know). but I just didn't give it the importance that I do now.
    I watched a couple videos of the Ponderosa and saw Whitney telling about how she prayed to God prior to her last day about should she win or not. I guess that bothers me a lot. If I had been breaking one of the commandments, I don't think I'd be asking any favors from God.
    I also heard Keith say that he and Whitney were ready to get on with starting their life together now that the game is over so I guess her marriage was over in her mind.
    I hate to sound like an old fashion Grandma but it is possible to have deep feeling for another without having sex. I would have had more respect for her if she had fallen for Keith, returned home and settled that with her husband first, even if it was divorce. Then do whatever you want to do. It would be easier on her husband's feelings also. JMHO
    Very well said. I, too, am older and see things a lot differently. My husband also cheated on me during our marriage, and it would have been so much easier on me and my son had he chosen to divorce me first before straying outside of the marriage. So, I, too, would have a lot more respect for Whitney and Keith if they had kept the relationship platonic during their time on Survivor, and she had filed for the divorce before the relationship progressed any further with Keith.

And by platonic, I mean just that. Like Dragonlady said, she could have started to develop strong feelings for Keith, but she didn't need to act on them before first ending her marriage. And it does not matter what state the marriage was in when she left to go on the show, Whitney did herself and her husband an injustice by flaunting her relationship with Keith for the entire world to see. And I do understand that I don't know the whole story on this, but if Whitney and Keith get to tell their side of the story at the reunion, what can they possibly say that will change the fact that Whitney was married when she went on the show? At the very least, the scenes on the Ponderosa showed the two of them in a budding romance.

Bottom line is this. Whitney seems to pick and choose the parts of the bible that she adheres to. She said that she is a good person, and maybe that is a true statement. I guess I will wait and see how she talks her way out of this. Some things are just truly black and white. Sometimes there is no grey area.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and AmyKay like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast